"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown is "Up in the Air"!

Hello friends!
Hope that you had a great weekend!  I'm still fighting a sick bug and hope to kick it soon!
So I'm here today to share a new challenge up over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
For this week's challenge, we'd like to see your creations with the theme
"Up in the Air" (things that can fly)
This is the perfect time of year to use those butterflies, balloons or whatever you can come up with!
We have a fabulous sponsor this week as well!  Lacy Sunshine is sponsoring the challenge this week and there will be a fun prize to win!  So come along and play with us!
Here's what I've made for the challenge:
I've used this REALLY sweet image generously provided by our sponsor this week called Lil Fidget Hearts a Flutter. (You'll have to scroll quite a way down to find the image in the store.)
I fell in love with her long hair and big eyeball along with her wings and tiny antennas coming from the top of her head!  I thought this would be a great image to use for the challenge theme!

And because this was such a detailed image and took some time to color with my Copics, I didn't want to take too much away from all the work I did with the image, so I left the rest of the card quite simple.  After coloring her in with my Copic markers, I added some finishing details with a white gel pen and I've also colored the butterflies around her along with the flowers in her hair with metallic gel pens.  I then took some liquid pearls to add some dots everywhere.

I embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder over a strip of vellum and attached to the front of the card.  I've also die cut a couple of additional butterflies with yellow card stock to add some extra dimension and then I popped up the image panel with foam tape over the base of the card front.  I punched out to squares to add a section to two opposite corners of the image panel to bring out some of the black from the image and tie it all together.

Be sure to hop on over to the challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of design team!  We can't wait to see what you come up with for it!!
Thanks so much for checking in!
I'll be back shortly with a special post!!  Stay tuned!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Crafty Creations - Seeing Spots (dots)
Penny's Paper - One for the Girls
4 Crafty Chicks - Fairy
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Use a Die Cut (butterflies)
Crafty Catz - It's a Girl Thing
Come & Get It - Things that Start with "B" - (butterflies, bloom, black, blue)

26 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Especially love the way you colored her dress Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shelly said...

Oh, this is sooo SWEET!

Deepti said...

Fabulous coloring :)

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki love the image and your colouring the sentiment and little embellishments are FAB
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Brilliant coloring of the sweet image, Vicki...hope you'll feel better soon!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

Bunny said...

Cute card, Vicki. I like the colors and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that adorable image and it's colored beautifully, the liquid pearls look awesome!
Hugs, Tammy

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally beautiful and adorable Vicki. Fantastic job on the details and cute image. Love it girl!!!!
Huggies!!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Adorable, Vicki! Amazing job coloring her! And I love the pairing of those embossed butterlies! Fantastic design!

Jacqueline said...

Very sweet! Love your colouring! Nice how the blue fades in the background.
Hugs, Jacqueline

Tammy said...

Sensational card and just fabulous coloring! Love the pretty color combo and the little butterflies are too darn cute!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

beautiful coloring!

Kim said...

This is so adorable! Your colors are fabulous. Gorgeous gorgeous layout!

Janette said...

Goprgeous design. the image is so pretty..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week, good luck in the challenge.x

Donna K said...

Darling image. Your coloring is fabulous, Vicki! The little specks of pearl accents are so pretty too. Great card my friend!!

Monika Reeck said...

I love how you coloring her and her eyes and the layout and that tiny butterfly ooh so girly card
love love love this Vicki..
I am sorry I was not on line at Blogland do my Bugaboo cards hehe I am so slowly..other DT so fast ...I must work again for next month GDT cards...jump to your other post..hugs, Monika

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love those little butterflies too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- LOVE the coloring and all of the butterflies. Loving the liquid pearls you added- great added touch : )

Jessi Fogan said...

UGH to colds that hang on forever!! Yuck. I hope you feel better finally!
This card is absolutely precious - WOW on the colouring, the pleats in her dress just pop! And I love the embossing on the yellow butterflies :)

Willeke said...


The image you have used is such a sweetie.....
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Crafty Creations Challengeblog

Beth said...

Stunning as always Vicki.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautifully coloured image and cute little butterflies
carol x

8upscrapin said...

Beautiful creation , love the die cuts you used , thanks for joining the challenge at Chocolate Coffee and Cards ..DT -Crystal

Lola said...

She is so pretty and I just love your fairy "dust"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...