"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, April 13, 2015

You Are My Hero Mother's Day!

Happy Monday friends!
I'm here again today to share a couple more creations I've made for some challenges that I'd like to enter before they end.  So here we go....
I had so much fun playing with my die cuts on this card!
I had also just received a new box of MFT colors of ink and paper and wanted to play with them right away..as the box they came in so indicated I do this! LOL!

Unfortunately, I don't have that adorable super boy stamp set they sell, but I do have this really sweet Mama Elephant/Simon Says Stamp (exclusive no longer available.) version of a super hero dude and used it on my card.  I think he's so much fun to color in!  I've got him popped out with foam tape on the front.

This entire card with the exception of the super hero boy and the sentiment banner is a one layer card design!  I've inlayed all of the die cut pieces into the front of this card panel.  The Stitched Circle Stax die and the Stitched Rectangle Stax die along with all of the colors I've used are from MFT.
The colors I've used are from the current color challenge which are:
Whip Cream, Sour Apple, Summer Splash & Nightshift Blue.  I have also used the Black Licorice Hybird Ink Pad as you can use this ink with Copic Markers.

The stars in the background came from an older retired MFT stamp set called "Own Your Own Story".  I had donated to OWH and received several MFT stamp sets.
I actually really love how the colors turned out.  The green looks really bright in the photo as compared IRL...so imagine it toned down a notch there! :)

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
1.  MFT Sketch Challenge:

2.  MFT Things Color Challenge:

3.  Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC146) - Anything Goes

4.  Cardz 4 Guys - Super Hero

5.  4 Crafty Chicks - Die Cuts

--------------------------------------------------------------

Going in a totally different direction, I have made a pretty purple floral card for mom:
I couldn't resist this gorgeous Lotus Blossom  stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration and knew this was something that I wanted to get!  I love the look of this flower and with the purple colors, I love it even more! ;)  I thought this would make a good card for my mom this Mother's Day!  Sorry for the spoiler if you are reading this mom! :(  (Maybe if I'm lucky she'll forget about it by the time it gets here! LOL!)

I have also used the Crazy About You stamp set along with the Hello You Thinlits dies for my sentiment portion of the card.  I took about half the portion of the white background layer and embossed it with the wood-grain embossing folder and then took the Hardwood background stamp and stamped the strip of Perfect Plum with Whisper White ink before adding my die cut sentiment on it.  Because of the color challenge I'm playing in, I didn't want to add any green color for the stem, so I took a neutral color of  Slate Gray and Basic Gray for my flower stem.

The stitched journal panel (LF) and the clear sequins (Michael's) are the only things that are non-Stampin' Up! items.  I thought it needed a little something extra on it and the sequins won me over! :)
Of course the colors look a bit off in my photo and it looks so much better IRL!  So tone this card color down a notch just like the top card!  (I'll have to check my camera.)

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter my purple Mother's Day card for:

1.  Little Red Wagon - Spring is in the Air

2.  Freshly Made Sketches:
3.  Simon Says Stamp - April Showers/Spring Flowers

4.  Pals Paper Arts - color combo:


So that's all for now.  Hope you've enjoyed my creations and I'll be back with you again tomorrow evening for a fun new challenge!!  Hope you will stop back by and check it out!
Have a wonderful day!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


49 comments:

Margreet said...

Both are gorgeous and so different...love the 'cool' boy's card and your coloring of the flower is too great...it looks like a velvet flower...so beautiful!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

how cut the 1st one and you and purple.... LOL. fabulous cards!

have a great week.

hugs :)

Sarah said...

Two wonderful cards Vicki from each end of the spectrum, one for a little person and one for a grown up...fab in equal measure!! xx

Jane Willis said...

Two gorgeous cards - I love your sweet little superhero! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so awesome!!! I really love the inlaid star with the little boy, just adorable!

Davi said...

How fun is that frist one Vicki!! Love the colors and the way the star insets! The second is beautiful, with the rich colors and pretty flower :)

Pollard Carole said...

These are both fabulous but i so love that Mothers Day card its stunning the colour is perfect love and hugs Carole x

Lynn McAuley said...

Two fabulous Mother's Day designs, Vicki! I love that sensational cascade of stars with your little super hero and the purple lotus blossom is gorgeous! Awesome creations, my friend!

Sue said...

OMG, I love the little hero card. Simply and right to the point, image is darling.

Your elegant purple creation is just lovely, Vicki.

Enjoy your Monday.
Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful and happy cards, cute stamps and added lovelies as always.xxx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Cazro said...

Two super cards, your Super Hero card I adore the simplicity and the image, perfect for our chalelnge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks for sharing with us. Caz

Becky said...

Two great cards. Love that first one, so cute.

Julie B said...

Two fab cards Vicki, love the purple flower and the little hero is so sweet.
Thanks for linking up to Cardz4Guyz as well. :)

Andrea W said...

Fantastic cards! I love how you stamped the stars on your hero card. We appreciate you joining us again at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
oh what really great cards.
Love the colour choices, and beautiful designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Joan said...

Great Hero card,love the colours and the stars, thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

ps I Also love your lotus card too

Joan

Monika Reeck said...

I dont know where should I start dear Vicki, I adore all
I looveee that SU Flowe sooo much so adorable and so in purple ooh I wish this is my birthday card from Vicki ooppss Joke..this is a mothers day card..this for your mom right..she will proud of you dear...its totally adorable in all the color the design the dies and the stamp..love love love
the first card is too cuuuteee your super hero Dude is sooo really cute and the coloring adorable..great color combo and the design too..I believe your card is a winner card..love the first card too.
Big hugs,
Monika

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are so fabulous! Your super hero card is so adorable, love the way you used this sketch and your super hero popped up is perfect. The lotus and purple design is fabulous! Love them both!!!

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Cindy said...

What a gorgeous Mother's Day card! I love the colors you chose, and your lotus bloom is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki great fun card for a child the second one is quite simply beautiful, the image and colours are gorgeous.
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

Two more fantastic cards Vicki! Love that cute little super hero! Darling card!
The lotus blossom is so elegant and beautiful. LOVELY card!
Lynn

Donna K said...

two totally amazing cards, Vicki! i love that sweet little super hero and wouldn't that be perfect for mom as well?! how neat that this is a one layer card. cute as can be. i kinda love MFT paper myself.

your purple creation in the other direction is so lovely. the large happy and pretty flower makes this a perfect mom card. you really outdid yourself!
happy monday hugs my friend!

Collette said...

Vicky - I love the purple card (but I'm very partial to anything purple) ... so sharp and clean. Thank you for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon's Spring is in the Air challenge this week.

Tammy said...

Two awesome cards Vicki! I love the fun super hero and all of the green on your fist card! The second card is gorgeous, beautiful design & colors!!
Hugs, Tammy

Lin said...

Your purple Mom's Day card is lovely, Vicki!, beautiful elements! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Tammy said...

The Mother's Day card is just breathtaking and your hero card is adorable! You've been busy, busy and staying out of trouble!

Patti J said...

What fun! This is night and day difference :-) The first card is so cute and sweet! And the second is simply stunning. I love that stamp! Hugs...

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful! Your mother is going to love it! The stitched panel and sequins really add the finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

prettypapercards said...

Vicki, love what you did with the strip of Perfect Plum! Gorgeous card, and a beautiful card for your mom! Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Marcy said...

Fantastic card! Love the cute little super hero image and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Asha said...

These lovely makes, my friend. Thank you so much for your kind words. Means a lot... to both of us. Cuddles for your babydoll from both of us.
hugs, Asha

Jennifer Scull said...

what fun cards! you have such a talent. :)

enjoy your day!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The first one is super fun and the second card is simply beautiful.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Mike said...

Love the lotus blossom card, Vicki. Great use of color! And the stamp set is amazing anyway! Thanks for playing Pals Paper Arts!

Shirley said...

I love the dies you used and the embedded background with that cutie hero on your first! The second one is lovely and, Vicki, if she's anywhere close to my age she just might forget!! ;-) Wow on the colors, embossed BG, and those awesome sequins too! Elegant!

Céline said...

wow fab cards!!! the second one is a piece of art
hugs
céline

Lola said...

Both of these are gorgeous! The die work in the first is inspiring! I so need to attempt this someday.

Shelly said...

How sweet is your 'hero' card?!!...Love it! And what a beautiful card for your mom! Love the purple and flower!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Love how you combined the sketch and color challenge on that first one and the purples in the second are gorgeous!

Tina Henderson said...

Beautiful! I love your die cuts! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
Tina - DT

Dawn Frost said...

Great combination of colours, I'll have to try them! Its simple and elegant I'll be casing this!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both fabulous. I love the cute superhero stamp.

Beth said...

Both are wonderful the mom card is such a beauty and the hero card is so much fun with awesome papers and designs.
Hugs

Jessi Fogan said...

Purple is SO hard to photograph! I love the cutie pie superhero (great idea for a mom card!) and that bloom is absolutely stunning!

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love the CAS superhero and great die-cuts-beautiful floral card love the colour and image
Carol x

Asha said...

The little guy is just too cute... in his teeeny tiny green underpants!
hugs, Asha

Deepti said...

These are awesome! I love the fabulous color combo on ur first card! So striking :)

Jill said...

I like how you followed the box's instructions Vicki! Great card too-very cute. Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...