"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, April 17, 2015

You're Unfrogettable with Sami Stamps GDT!

Hello friends!
I'm excited to share a special post with you today because I have been asked to join Sami Stamps as a guest designer today!  Yay!
You can click on the badge to be taken to the Sami Stamps blog!
Thank you so much to Sami & the DT for having me along during your newest release! :)

"Spring Umbrellas"
CLICK HERE to be taken to the store to purchase the "Spring Umbrella" new release images!


Let me tell you, these images are just adorable!!  I'm not surprised that I had a hard time deciding which image to play with!!   Here's what I've chosen to create with:
LOL!!  Isn't this just the CUTEST image?!!  Sami Stamps is releasing a brand new line of "umbrella" type images and I chose this sweet "Slippery Umbrella" image to work with!
Be sure to click on the link to see all the images from this release!  You will love them all! :)

To fit with the Sami Stamps monthly challenge (click link/see below),  I have also decided to paper piece my umbrella.  So I printed out this digital stamp on three separate types of paper.  The first time, I've just printed the image out on some Cryogen White card stock and colored it in with my Copic markers.  (With the exception of the umbrella.)  I then took two different types of patterned papers and printed the image out again on each one of those.  Then I fussy cut out each umbrella panel and glued it over top of the corresponding umbrella pieces where they go.

The entire image including the colored frog was fussy cut out and popped up over my die cut stitched squared paper panel.  I have him hanging a bit lower than the square panel to make it seem like he's catching a ride on a run-away umbrella!! LOL!!  The sentiment and papers come from my old SU! stash of stuff.

To finish off my card, I've added additional strips of paper at the bottom for some interest and then I thought it would be fun to add some sparkly sequins and a coordinating pink enamel heart to the design.

Here's a more close look at the details on the image:
Now you can better see the extra details that I've added to this darling image!
As mentioned above, I've colored my frog here with Copic markers and used a glitter gel pen to color the umbrella handle.  I've also used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to go over the umbrella paper pieced areas.  Lastly, I decided that my frog would look even more fun if I covered him with some glossy accents!  So I covered the darker green area of him with it and left his belly alone.
It looks quite simple, but I think it works beautifully on this card design and I had so much fun!

I hope you will stop by the blog to see what the rest of the design team has to inspire you with and to catch what the rest of this release looks like! :)

Thanks so much for joining me here today and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Sami Stamps monthly challenge - paper piecing


Addicted to CAS - code word: showers


The Crafter's Cafe - "Animal Antics"

Just Add Ink - Sequins

46 comments:

Sarah said...

Sooo cute Vicki, just love the little feet hanging on to the handle!! Brilliant card xx

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card

Jennifer Scull said...

and YOU are so talented! what a cutey card! love that image and adorable frog! what a great stitched die, too. I am all for any kind of die that helps avoid sewing! ha!

have a most wonderful weekend! :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh why why why do you do this to me. I can't keep wanting and casing and yet this is so ding dong cute I sooooo want. ALL the details...so much love and work went into this fab card. The close up shots are excellent. WOW!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

PS....unfrogettable??? love it...wish I had that old stamp but I have WORD and alphabets...haha Love love that too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, love the papers you used with this image, so perfect and your added glossy accents and wink of stella are perfect! Love it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable frog! These are some super fun images - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so adorable, Vicki. The glossy accents really makes the cute frog stand out. Congrats on your guest DT spot. Enjoy the weekend!

Margreet said...

Superb make Vicki...when I read the heading of your blogpost I initially thought you made a typing error...but when scrolling downwards I saw that cute froggy!!!
Have a great weekend my friend!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

That is adorable, like you paper piecing and the raining sequins, have a wonderful w/e Vicki!

Loll said...

Super cute Vicki!! Adorable images, fantastic mix of colours and papers, and awesome details ... this design has it all!! :) Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, congratz on the GDT spot, my friend! I envy you this one. :-D Great card and I love that darling little frog. Will definitely have to check out that whole release.

jimlynn said...

EEK! What a CUTE image!!! Love your design and all the paper piecing too. Precious, precious card.
Big congrats on the guest designer spot!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Ahh, such a sweet little frog and great coloring and details! love the paper piece umbrella!

Patti J said...

Tee hee....that's definitely the cutest card I've seen all day! Love the shiny wee frog, and the background is perfect :) Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your Guest DT spot!!!

Penny Odell said...

Vicki, what a absolutely adorable card. I just love that frog. Just too cute. Great paper piecing on that umbrella too.

Céline said...

cute image and fab design as usual
hugs
céline

Christine Blain said...

This is VERY cute, Vicki! The little glossy frog is adorable, and the sequins are a sweet touch. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous what a great design love that frog and all the new stamps just gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

Joanna Harty said...

I adore your card Vicky! How cute is that frog hanging on to the umbrella? Super cute! The sentiment is so much fun. Lovely, lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a cute little frog Vicki! Love the brolly and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet little frog image and that fabulous paper pieced umbrella! I hope you're enjoying your weekend, my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is absolutely divine and I love it so much, the background looks fabby, the frog and umbrella are super, brilliant card.
hugs
lorraine x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful umbrella, Vicki! And that frog is too adorble! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

vic said...

Huge congratulations your card is just so cute love that frog :)
Hugs
Vic x

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki, this little frog is the cutest and I love how you have paper pieced the unbrella, it looks fab! :) Donna ♥ x

Kylie said...

Congrats on your GD! Love this adorable frog and that awesome sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Jessi Fogan said...

They are lucky to have you! Love this cutie & the sparkly umbrella is fabulous :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I love the frog, he can live at my place any time!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Amy Ottmers said...

This is just too cute, love it!!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

Monika Reeck said...

CONGRATS on being GDT at Sami Stamp Dear Vicki you are a great asset for them you and SAMI image I was seen your shamrock card was sooo sweetttt and also a winner card yay..I love the umbrella with that DP so clever of you and that frog with glossy accent too cuuteee abd the sentiment so fit together
love love love this again Vicki and the cloud like Bokeh effect woooww...great CARD and DESIGN my friend
hope you have a time to making cards
me not I must catch up my blogland friends post... and it is 22:32 in germany hehehe
hugs, Monika

Becky said...

Congratulations Vicki! You have done them proud with this adorable card..

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ohhhh fabulous paper piecing! I LOVE how he's just hanging on, hehehe!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the paper pieced image and play on words
carol x

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational work with this fun Sami Stamps image, Vicki! Love this beautifully pieced umbrella and that sweet tree frog hanging on for dear life! Awesome card!

MiamiKel said...

Splendid card and super fun image! Paper piecing is always fun :) Congrats on your GDT spot!

Asha said...

Utterly adorable! And congrats on the Guest slot... you so deserve it!
hugs, Asha

JD/ Jill said...

So cute...really like your colors, and great paper piecing, and The addition of the glossy accents and wink of stella...Very nicely done

Sue said...

How cute is this card!! Love the sentiment to go with the adorable little frog.

Hugs
Sue

Shelly said...

ACK! Too cute, Vicki! Love that little frog!

Deepti said...

So cute ! I love that umbrella :)

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
the little frog is just adorable and a so clever idea with the glossy! Your card is fabulous and perfect for April!

sending hugs and smiles
Regina

Lola said...

Adorable card and great paper piecing. Love all the glossy goodness on your frog.

Beth said...

love this one my friend put a big old smile on this face...love the umbrella also.
Hugs

Ruza Rebel said...

This is so adorable Vicki! Thank you for joining our Paper Piecing Challenge at Sami Stamps.
If you are on FB I hope you come on over and join our FB Group … https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/
Ruza ~ SS-Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Julie Gleeson said...

This is such a stunning card! I love your paper piecing! Thank you for being a wonderful Guest Designer at Sami Stamps! Hugs Julie DT xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...