"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS challenge

Hello friends!!
Sorry about my missing presence in blog land!  Just extra busy doing things at home right now, but I promise I will catch up as soon as I can with you all! :)

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend!  I sure did!  I enjoyed spending time with my boys, they are always fun to visit with as they make me laugh.  I also enjoyed spending time with my mom and having a wonderful cook out!  She said that the card I picked out to give her was her favorite one! LOL!!  (I ended up giving her the wheelbarrow of flowers card.)

So now on with my post today, there is a brand new challenge up over at
(Click on badge above to see the challenge.)

The theme this time is a CAS (clean & Simple) challenge!
We also have an awesome sponsor joining us this week as well:
(click on badge to be taken to the store.)
They are giving away 4 digital stamps to the winner from this challenge!  So be sure to make your CAS style card and link up for your chance to win!

Here's what I've decided to make for the challenge:
I've got lots of white space on my card and I've used a couple of fun stamp sets from Whimsy Stamps to help me create it.  First, I stamped the "brush stroke" looking image (Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats) in different colors across the top portion of my card.  The white brush stroke was actually stamped and embossed so that it would stand out a bit over the white background.   I die cut the "happy" (Happy Large Word Die) out and popped it up over what I die out from the stamped images.  The sentiment (Happy Everything) was embossed with silver embossing powder and then I die cut the front card panel out with my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die and attached it to the front of a white A2 card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
 To pop out the sentiment die cut, I die cut it again with white fun foam and used that to pop up the sentiment over the card.  I just glued in the negative pieces to match the stamped background.

Hope to see YOUR CAS style creation this week!!  Be sure to hop on over to the blog and check out the rest of the inspiration from the talented design team!!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.  ShowCASe Your Style - color inspiration:

2.  CAS on Sunday - "Cheer Up, Buttercup" (make a "cheerful" card)

3.  Crafty Catz - CAS

60 comments:

Sue said...

Awesome CAS card, Vicki, and love the colors too.

Hugs
Sue

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fabulous card! great idea to die cut the foam and then add your cs over the top. really adds so much more dimension!

hope you are doing well. please forgive me for not stopping by in so long. have been sick. blech to that....

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing, how you managed to make a cheerful card with those muted colors!

Alanna said...

This is fabulous. I love how the die cuts are camouflaged with the stamping.

Kim said...

Gorgeous! Your background looks amazing and that foam is such an awesome idea!

Kim said...

Gorgeous! Your background looks amazing and that foam is such an awesome idea!

Wei Wei said...

Very fabulous CAS card! Love those brush stroke images on the die cut! Those details you've created are amazing!

Deepti said...

This is sooooooo striking :) love the dimensional sentiment !

jimlynn said...

Fantastic! Love the brush strokes and the Happy die is really, really nice. Lots of white space and so very pretty.
Glad you had a good Mother's Day!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

You always come up with the most creative ideas! I love this!

Rahmat said...

I love the streaks of color on the sentiment! and the embossed part looks fantastic as well Vicki!

Rahmat said...

I love the streaks of color on the sentiment! and the embossed part looks fantastic as well Vicki!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Vicki!
Thank You~

Becky said...

I love this Vicki! How creative.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fun design- totally looks like the inspiration and color picture.
Sounds like you had a fab Mothers Day. I was up in Michigan- youngest graduated from college this weekend and moved home- just for a week though.....Headed to DC with her this Friday for an internship : )

sandie said...

This is stunning VIcki, so like the photo, I love the dimension x

Chrissy said...

Superb Vicki..love your style. Such a fabulous design and love the colours too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Maaike Uijthoven said...

great way to incorporate the different challenges, super neat and tidy i like that ;-)

Tanja said...

love those brush strokes

Sarah said...

Wow Vicki, this is brilliant, so simple yet so eyecatching!! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome CAS creation and beautiful colour combos.xxx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Lee-Anne said...

I think this should be called a whole lotta amazing, Vicki! What a stunning design!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this, Vicki! So perfect!

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning what a fab CAS design the colour combo is gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

Julie B said...

Fab CAS card Vicki, love the idea of the paintbrush marks and the die cut letters. :)

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Your card is simle and gorgeous in this dimple way! Love)

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

I hate my T9((( *simply gorgeous in its own simple way!

Beth said...

GF I love this so cool looking and perfect for a CAS card.
Hugs

cm said...

Love x Love your card, Vicki! It's rock-star, knockout perfect!
Hugs~c

Pam said...

Love this!

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant CAS card love the brush strokes of colour
Carol x

Tammy said...

Fantastic! Love everything thing about your card especially the unique color combo!

NanaConnie said...

This is fabulous, Vicki! I love your takeoff from that inspiration photo with the colors. Great technique to get dimension on the word and have it look like brushstrokes of color right over it. Fantastic!!

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!!! Love this, you sure have this CAS down really perfect. I can tell you really love doing this. What a great idea doing brush strokes and it look great.
Hugs, Pat♥

Donna K said...

Gorgeous colors! I have been wanting to try this technique! You certainly did a wonderful job with the design and the color challenge, Vicki!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Love the simplicity of this card. It's crisp and clean, super colours and a touch of bling too! Love it. xx

Davi said...

So very cool Vicki, awesome job on the CAS :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love your card. The brush strokes look so great in the challenge colors - love that you embossed the white one to make it stand out. Love the popped up die cut and the sequin embellishment. Fab CAS work!

Pia S said...

It's a brilliant CAS design, so modern and cool, yet perfect for any age group!

Tammy said...

Oh what a fabulous CAS card Vicki!! I love that Happy sentiment and the added brush strokes!
Hugs, Tammy

Lola said...

This really is so pretty! I really enjoy you sharing your process on how you got the colors to line up.

Shelly said...

This is so fun! LOVE it!

Regina said...

Wow stunning! I love the 3D-Effekt!
Regina*

Gabby said...

Totally LOVE this FAB, case-worthy card! :)

Susangail Powell said...

This is a fantastic card!! I love that you made it 3D

Céline said...

really beautiful !!!
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those stamped paint lines, what a great take on the inspiration!

Dana said...

Oh wow! Vicki!! Awesome card! I love your take on the photo!!

Karen Mead said...

Your card looks amazing Vicki - I love it! xx

Shona Chambers said...

Its funny how I memorize all the different challenges and I recognised the colours straight away from the 'Showcase' challenge. This is so perfect and love all layers of die-cutting. This has to be the winner for sure!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a clever take on the photo and I love your choice of die cut alphas! Fabulous card, Vicki!
I'm so glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day with your family...you certainly deserve it!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Vicki I love, love how you have created this fantastic card it looks so contemporary the streaks of colour and the chunky word looks fantastic.
hugs
lorraine x

Asha said...

What a clever card, my friend. LOVE the pop-up greeting... fabulous!
hugs, Asha

VanessaB said...

such a cool card!!!

Neets B said...

Such a striking card, Vicki. I love those brush strokes and the embossed silver sentiment just works xx

Donna said...

Awesome card Vicki! So clever how you have created the ink splats over the die cut lettering...absolutely love this card! :) Donna ♥ x

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I totally love, love, love this card. Fun, fun colors and the look is just sooooo great. Hugz

Donna said...

What an awesome look, love it!

Monika Reeck said...

I am the commentator number 60 and I am the lucky lady who get this ADORABLE in reallity mooooreee adorable CARD...
Vicki
you amazed me with this winner card..I see this is a winner on the Show CASE your style challenge and you sent to me oh dear many many many thaaanksss...I am swooning and want to say I LOVEEEE THIS CARD no other words
and thanks for the envelope it comes today yaaayy you made my day brighter :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...