"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Anything Goes with Addicted to Stamps & More!

Hello friends!
Here we are on the LAST week of May already! Wow!  Time has really flown by this month and hopefully I can start s-l-o-w-i-n-g down to enjoy the Summer months! :)
I'm here to share with you a brand new challenge up over at the
For this week's challenge...it's an EASY PEASY...ANYTHING GOES!
This is a special posting as well because there is also a DESIGN TEAM CALL up!  They are looking to fill a few positions for team members needed for the next 6 month term!  If this is something that you'd be interested in, then hop on over and check out the details on how to apply!

We also have a wonderful sponsor for this challenge too!
They are offering up a $10 gift certificate for the lucky winner!
So be sure that you enter the challenge for your chance to win!!

Here's the card that I have chosen to do for the "anything goes" challenge:
For my card, I have used a Lawn Fawn stamp set called "Color My World".  This was a limited time stamp set offered last year and not available for purchase anywhere.
I have also tried out a new technique that I had never heard of before until I saw the talented Laura Bassen's video on it.  I was very intrigued and wanted to save that idea to try out later.  This is my attempt at what she called "Ink Smooching".  (Click on her name to be taken to her video....P.S.  You can't help but giggle a bit when you watch/listen to her videos!!  She's so funny!)

I got a bit more "wild" with my smooching than she did.  I laid on the ink really heavy, but I wanted to cover up my background with lots of color because of the theme of my design of course. :)
I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut out and layer the sections of my background and layered them with some black card stock to pop it out a bit and give it dimension.
I colored in my crayon characters with Copic markers and I even put some eyelashes onto the pink colored crayon so that one looks like a boy and the other a girl crayon. LOL!
I finished it out with some enamel hearts above the blue crayon.
I thought this was so fun and I hope to try out this new (to me) technique again!

So I hope you've enjoyed my card today and I do hope that you will come and check out the challenge and/or DT call to enter!!  Can't wait to see your creations! :)
Thanks so much for joining me here this evening!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my card for:

Lawnscaping Challenges - New Technique (I used "Ink Smooching")


Little Red Wagon - To DIE For! (use die cuts)

Creative Knockouts - Sentimentally Yours

Creative Corner - Anything goes

The Pink Elephant (TPE300) - Anything goes


62 comments:

jimlynn said...

All that smooching paid off! Love all the different colors in that background Vicki! A cute, cute, and fun card.
Lynn

Asha said...

Oh wow!!!!!!! That background is SPECTACULAR! You're a clever little crafter, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Shelly said...

Totally FUN and happy!

nwilliams6 said...

Your bg is fab with your images and sentiment - super fun idea and I love the colors!!! Hugz

Susie Moore said...

Super cute card! Thanks for creating with us at Little Red Wagon Challenge Blog.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a fun splashy background!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I LOVE this ink smooshed background fun and so colorful!
Awesome card- and I am going to hop on over and watch the video : )

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a fun background, Vicki! I love that you used several colors and your crayons are so cute! Laura would be really proud :)

sandie said...

Such a fun card and I love you added eyelashes! Your card arrived for me yesterday, thank you so much x

Sarah said...

What a fantabulous card Vicki, love the "smooching" and the black mats really make a huge impact and push those little crayons right to the front!! xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the cute crayons and your background design looks wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Wei Wei said...

Such a cheerful and lovely card! Your splashy background is awesome!

Tanja said...

love that sweet little crayon couple

Bad Kitty said...

cute card
very nice

Pollard Carole said...

amazing what a brilliant technique and your design is so pretty Love those stitched dies its all fabulous love and hugs Carole x

julieprice3 said...

So colourful, nicely done xo Julie P

Carol L said...

I had to pin this card so I can try this technique one day! What a fabulous look with all those splashes of color! I LOVE those tiny eyelashes on the pink crayon too which helped make this one incredibly cute and fun card!

aussie aNNie said...

Great creation and loving the colours and design used.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Olga said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is amazing!!! Love the background!

Julie B said...

Love the background to this card, fab. :)

Becky said...

This is simply ADORABLE!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! The watercolour background with the embossed detail is the perfect background for the cute crayons and fun sentiment! Great work.

Sue said...

Vicki, love your paint splotches! Really cool background, and the sentiment and crayons are perfect additions to your card. Love those stitched edges too.

Hugs
Sue

Lee-Anne said...

That background is amazing, Vicki! What a sweet card! Yes, Laura is a hoot isn't she?

Pia S said...

Nice 'smooching'!!! Love the outcome of your play with inks and I'm a big fan of Lawn Fawn stamps. This is so cute and fun!

~*Joni said...

Your smooching was perfect, especially with these cute images. :) I love the fun design, makes me feel like a giddy kid again with new crayons. teehee! Thank you so much for joining in on the challenge at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT

Chasing the Dream said...

Loving your background and the technique. The images are darling and so much fun. Awesome kiddie card for back to school. Been MIA helping a friend with Lung Cancer.
Have a fab day and even better week.
Hugs
Berni

{Chrissie} said...

Oh my goodness! This is SO much fun! I just adore all of the colors! Vicki, you rock, as always! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!!!!

SonjaK said...

This is SO beautiful! I love those bright colors.

cm said...

What a smooshing success your card is, Vicki! The colours, the crayons, the sentiment: I adore this!
Hugs~c

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE your splotchy background, Vicki! Perfect with that delightful sentiment. :-D

Tammy said...

Oh how I love your color combo, so cheerful! Fantastic card!

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki! I love your fabulous inking background and the adorable crayons!!
Hugs, Tammy

Deepti said...

This is so adorable! Love the colorful splatters :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I love the background.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, do I ever love the background you created. You are rockin' this technique. Off to check it out!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I love what you have created. Such a neat idea, you always surprise me so much talent wrapped up in one person.
Hugs, Pat♥

Crafting Queen said...

Such a fun card, love the colours.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous and fun card in fab striking colors!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I absolutely love this wonderful, colourful card the splashes of colour and the little crayon images are perfect, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

VanessaB said...

ohmygoodness your background is so pretty and those little crayon faces make me smile!! :)

Céline said...

fab card, love the colors
hugs
céline

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I love that sentiment Vicki and it works brilliantly with the crayons and your amazing BG. So cute and fun. x

Donna K said...

This is adorable, Vicki! I was admiring it on FB yesterday. Great color spatters and such a sweet sentiment. The black matte really makes it stand out. Love it to pieces!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, so glad you shared the link to the video, I enjoyed watching it and will definitely be trying this!

Davi said...

Really pretty Vicki!! I love the smooched colors and the cute crayons, very fun ;)

Karen Mead said...

Fabulous card Vicki and I love the fun background xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh what a great technique! Totally lovin' your "ink smooching". Went and watched Laura's video, too! Smiles.

Monika Reeck said...

The BG looks amazing dear Vicki and I looove how you colored that crayon so sooo cute Image
great sentiment too
Love your sweet card my friend
hugs, Monika

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, this looks spectacular!! The smooshing looks so good I'm going to give it a go today, thank you for the inspiration!! And those sweet little crayons are so adorable. Amazing card!

Regina said...

what a great background and looks awesome!
hugs Regina

Regina said...

what a great background and looks awesome!
hugs Regina

Neets B said...

This is fabulous Vicki! The perfect technique for this sentiment, and I love the little addition of those enamel hearts x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the colours and the enamel hearts are the perfect touch
Carol x

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing and so cool, Vicki you are super talented and you inspire me so much.
Love the colours and FAB background.
Well done

Best Wishes
Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

Kamila R. said...

Great background technique and these cute crayons!

Jessi Fogan said...

The eyelashes are brilliant! LOVE that touch! And omg the background is stunning - I have to check out how to do that!

Donna said...

Such a pretty and colourful card Vicki, love the little crayons and the way you have created the splodges...a really fun card! :) Donna ♥ x

Miriam Prantner said...

Those crayons are so cute and I love the background!

Beth said...

have not heard of that technique either but sure like what I see what fabulous colors you have added and perfect for those crayons.
Hugs

Lola said...

This is SO adorable and your background is adorable. I've never heard of that technique, but it sure is gorgeous....do you know if you need the water color paper, or if 110lb cardstock will suffice?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...