"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Be Happy and SMILE!!

Happy Monday to you friends!!
Well, it happened....my youngest has graduated from High School yesterday!
As you can see, he has become quite taller than his mom!! :)
I'm so proud of him for making it through all of those years of sweat and tears!  We look forward to a promising future with him as he begins college this Fall.  I look forward to watching him learn as he continues into his young adult years.
Now to move onto a grad party for him this weekend and celebrate!
------------------------------------------

I did manage to find some time to actually make a card too!!
I have decided to pull out some of my new MFT stamps and dies and play along with both their color and sketch challenges!  (See below for the challenges.)
I've used the Modern Blooms stamp set and inked them up with the Tickled Pink and Ripe Raspberry Hybrid inks.  I die cut all of the flowers out with the coordinating Die-namics Modern Blooms.  As you can see on the tall Whip Cream panel that I die cut with the Die-namics Horizontal Stitched Strips, I have taken the same stamp set and stamped some leaves and dot clusters with Fuse Green and Kraft Hybrid inks.  The flowers were layered over top and I've put gold enamel dots in the center of each one.

For the Ripe Raspberry Circle, I have used the Die-namics Stitched Circles Frame to incorporate into my layout.  I then used an image from the same Modern Blooms stamp set to stamp the Whisper White (SU!) 'dots' around it.  The background was made with Kraft card stock and Kraft ink which I used the Stampin' Up! version of the Hardwood that I stamped for my background.
The curve on that panel was made with the MFT Die-namics Stitched Basic Edges.  All of this was mounted onto a Fuse Green A2 sized card base.

As you can see, I've woven some SU! gold 1/8" ribbon through the circle and around the Hardwood panel on the card.  For the sentiment at the bottom, I used the MFT Totally Happy stamp set and curved it on my acrylic block before I stamped it with VersaMark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder.  I thought it would be fun to fit around the curve and the fact that it looks like a smile works for me! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my card today and I will be back again tomorrow with a new challenge post!
Enjoy this beautiful weather and thanks for hanging out with me today!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
MFT Color Challenge:

MFT Sketch Challenge:

Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a Twist of Flowers (Has to be a square or rectangle card)

Creative Card Crew - Embossing (wet or dry)

Crafting by Designs - Flowers

Crafts 4 Eternity - Wood


45 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Vicki, congratulations on your sons graduation! And a lovely card, great sentiment. Xx

Sarah said...

Congratulations to your baby on his graduation, you both look so very proud in that gorgeous snap!! Love your beautiful card Vicki, a springtime door wreath sprang to mind xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki..love the woodgrain panel and sentiment under the curve..the flowers and circle make a lovely design. Congratulations to your Son..well done and such a lovely photo..

luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

Congrats on your son Vicki...what a handsome boy!
Your card is beautiful...love how you worked out the sketch!
xxx Margreet

Shannon McComb said...

Lovely card Vicki! Love, love the color combo and your woodgrain background! Beautiful!! & a BIG congratulations to your son, how exciting!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Congratulations to your son Vicki...such a proud moment for you!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I love that fantastic design and your take on the sketch. Pretty, pretty flowers!
Congrats to your son! Amazing that they grow up so fast!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

Congrats to your son
Lovely card

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The card is beautiful and different which really caught my eye. You used embellishments I have not seen before. The graduation pic...almost brought tears to my eyes. I still think of my 2 sons and how they continue the college years. As a high school teacher I got teary eye for all the kids each and every year. Hope yal have a wonderful graduation party and more celebrations.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki a big congratulations on your son's graduation, he is a very handsome young man. Vicki your card is beautiful I really love that wood effect background and those flowers are gorgeous a super, super creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Teresa Kline said...

congrats to him, very handsome! wishing him much success!

sparkle & shine *~*

Pollard Carole said...

Congratulations to your son a very well done and best wishes to him for the future. Love your card as well the design is just gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

crafty-stamper said...

congratulations to your son on his graduation-great card and love the wood effect B.paper
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...love that picture of the two of you!
Congrats to you and him ;)
I love your card Vicki!
So beautiful!

Tammy said...

Hardy congratulations to your son and all the best to him for a bright and wonderful future! Love your card, all the detail you've included is so lovely!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a cool design, Vicki, and perfect take on the sketch. Loving the die cuts and colors.

Sue said...

Wow Vicki, a lot went into this card design. Love the stitched dies and the curve. Flowers are so pretty against the wood background too.

Congrats on your handsome Son's High School reunion, such a milestone, they seem so grown up once they graduate high school. Good luck to him at College.

Hugs
Sue

CaroleAnn said...

Big congrats to you and your son! Love the photo and I can see how proud you are!! I wish him all the success! Is this the start of empty nest for you? big hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats to your son on his Graduation!

I love your card.

AJ Bodine said...

Very pretty card for the MFT challenge, shocked you had time with the graduation festivities! Congrats to your family, graduation is always a special time!

NanaConnie said...

This is beautiful, Vicki! Fantastic job using that sketch ann I love your pink color combo. The wood grain is marvelous.

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats to your son, Vicki! That's such a great picture of you two! It's like you blink and they're done school...time goes by so quickly :)

Davi said...

Very pretty card Vicki, I really like the woodgrain with the flowers :) A VERY sweet pic of you and your son on a very special day!! Congratulations to him and best wishes for a bright future!

Kim said...

Congrats on your son's graduation!!! Love your card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Your card is very pretty Vicki. Congrats to your son. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Anneke said...

Congrats to your son!! What a lovely card
Hugs Anneke

Donna said...

Congrats on you sons graduation, so glad you shared a picture of the two of you! Beautiful card too!

Becca Cruger said...

EEEEE! I am totally pinning this! It makes me so happy! I love what you've done with the layout and how you've used the enamel dots for the center of the flowers! GORGEOUS!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the colors and that fabulous added stitched circle! Congratulations to your son, what a wonderful picture!
Hugs, Tammy

Lola said...

A big congrats to your son and YOU! He made it this far with help. What a wonderful accomplishment and good luck with college. And your card is eye-catching indeed. Love the colors and design.

Céline said...

really stunning
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Yeah he is so tall and handsome and sweet Mom beside him must be so proud of him...I believe it...great photo Vickil...and I love all the pink flowers on your card great wood grain too..I sometimes dont know to use wood grain ONLY FOR MANLY CARD I save it hehehe and you did it perfectly..lovely card Vicki

Patti J said...

Your son is SO handsome! Congratulations to him, and to you - he had help being successful! I wish him well as he begins new journeys and adventures. You look so pretty (and short, like me!!!) and proud. Happy for you, my friend! Love your beautiful card - thanks for sharing it!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic take on this sketch! I love the colors and those flowers and how the ribbon is threaded over and under items. Gorgeous! So glad you played along at MFT!

Shelly said...

Big congrats to son! Great pic! ;) And beautiful card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so beautiful! I love the gold on the flowers and the colors!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love your beautiful take on this sketch. The rounded sentiment at the bottom looks fab!!

Regina said...

your card looks wonderful with all the flowers!
Congratulations to your son, Vicki!
Regina*

Asha said...

They grow so fast, don't they? Definitely a proud mama moment... bask in it, my friend. You deserve it! And what a pretty card... gorgeous colours and dies. Love how you've put hem together. Well done!
hugs, Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous, is that you with your son...wow how awesome...love this photo and big congrats to him.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

michele said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Vicki :) Fabulous card! hugs x

Beth said...

congrat's to your son Vicki know you are so proud.
Your card is stunning as always.
Hugs

Donna K said...

You found time to make a gorgeous card at that! What a happy, busy time for your family. Congratulations again and I hope the party is a blast.

Alice Wertz said...

you have combined the challenges so beautifully! gorgeous card! thanks so much for playing along with My Favorite Things Color Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Congrats to your baby boy! (And oh I know the weird feeling of having my kids be taller...how long does it take to get used to that??)
Totally gorgeous card too :) Love those colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...