"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, May 29, 2015

Graduation Over and Thank You

Hello friends!
Happy Friday to ya!  I am looking forward to getting some much needed time for some scrap-booking in my stamp room this weekend and hope to finish up a book for my son.
Speaking of my son, we had his graduation party last weekend and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for it!  The weather cooperated very nicely.
Here is the handsome young grad holding his cake....
I had ordered his cake a week prior and thought that since the rest of his decorations had the traditional black colors, that I would get his cake to match with the black as well even-though his school colors are navy blue and gold.  It was a yummy cake regardless! :)

Hard to believe that this guy used to be THIS cutie a short time ago....
This was his pre-school graduation! :)  Where oh where does the time go?!!!! sigh...
------------------------------------------------------------

 I had previously made a post with the graduation announcement.  (CLICK HERE to see that post.)  Here's a photo of the card I made specifically for him for his party:
I thought that I had already posted this, but then realized that I hadn't done so yet!
So basically I've taken his school colors to make this card and I used pretty much the same products on this that I had used on his announcement.  (These are all Stampin' Up! products.)
I've heat embossed with gold embossing powder the "Class of 2015" stamp and then I took some left over star pieces from the confetti star punch to attach in places over the gold embossed image.  I then layered that onto a navy card stock piece and then again layered that over a piece of shimmery gold card stock.  (To match the embossing).  I then popped that panel up over the navy card base which I've embossed with the stars embossing folder and to make them stand out a bit more, I swiped my white ink pad over top of the stars.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 I finished up his thank you cards and got those sent off too!  Here's what the thank you cards I've done look like:
I've got a few different stamp images going on here from Stampin' Up! as well as from My Favorite Things.  I cut the navy colored curved stitched borders with a die cut from My Favorite Things called Die-namics Stitched Basic Edges and then I added a small strip of gold card stock on each end of it. The Grad cap was from the Stampin' Up! stamp set called "Class of 2015" in the Occasions catalog and the sentiment was from the Stampin' Up! "Four You" stamp set and the stars were from the MFT stamp sets Wavy Greetings and Totally Happy.

Here's what I put on the inside of the card:
I computer generated the greeting and tried to match up the computer ink with the navy, but it came out a bit lighter than what I wanted.
I then took the Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts from Lawn Fawn to cut it out and mounted it onto a layer of the navy card stock and attached it to the inside of the card.  I've also added a few more of the same stars that I used on the front of my design to compliment the inside as well as on the envelopes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I wish you all a really fabulous weekend!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my card for:
Creative Moments - Anything Goes - Inside/Out
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
613 Avenue - Anything Goes or create your own challenge
Simply Create Too - Keep it Simple


48 comments:

Stef H said...

o my word did he ever get handsome! wow! CONGRATS TO THE GRAD and all of you. fabulous cards.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Margreet said...

You made such beautiful matching cards for Ryan's graduation, Vicki...he must be glad having you as his mother!
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

What a fabulous set of cards for your handsome chap Vicki. Doesn't time fly?!! So glad you had a good day xx

jimlynn said...

That cute little boy turned into a very handsome young man! Congrats to him.

Love your cards Vicki! The design on the thank you cards is wonderful! So different and pretty.

Lynn

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Love the cake, the photos, and the cards! So glad to hear that the party went well. Looks like he enjoyed the party! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your combo gold blue and white ...and super card for him, and the thank you card is simple and elegant
he must be proud of you a great Mom
hugs from Germany
Monika
PS: the cake looks so yummy may I have a pieces hehe :)

Chrissy said...

Fabulous photos Vicki and the cake looks awesome. Love your cards the thank you cards are a fabulous design with the curve border..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bad Kitty said...

it's very nice card
congrats to your son

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous post looks like a fab day great cake . Your cards and photos are just wonderful you are tight about the years my boy is 37 next week and its 15 years since his graduation and it seems like yesterday Have a great weekend you have a lovely son to be proud of Love an hugs Carole x

Glennis said...

Congrats to your son, and to you as well

Tammy said...

So glad your son had a wonderful day and that the weather cooperated too! The graduation card is truly a keepsake for him, and the thank you notes are so thoughtful! Great job mom and graduations again to your son!

Tammy said...

What a great photo of your son Vicki, so glad you had good weather! Awesome Thanks you cards, I love the curved design! Have a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sounds like the graduation party for your handsome some was perfect. Love the thank you cards as well as the grad card you created for Ryan.
Your sweet little boy is now a handsome guy! Time sure does go by in a blink of the eye!!

Sue said...

Fabulous cake, handsome son, nice weather, great party, sounds like just about perfect. Love the card you created for him and the wonderful thank you's you made too. What a good Mom! Love the picture too, reminds us how quickly the years go by.

Hugs
Sue

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful work for a fabulous day, Vicki! They all grow up too fast, as I realized last night when I had dinner with #1 Grandson and his family (a career Marine) as they made it here on their travels from Okinawa, Japan (where they've been for the last 3 yrs) to Camp Pendleton, CA. At least now they'll be here in California for the next 3 years and close enough to visit regularly.

Penny Odell said...

Hi Vicki, what a awesome graduation card!!! Those thank you cards are stunning. I love your design. You always have the most crisp clear stamping. Just perfect!!

Patricia St Martin said...

My how they grow up so fast. Good looking young man and now lift really starts. Gorgeous job on his card, awesome job on the background paper, looks really neat. Love the thank you cards, great colors. Love those Die-namics stitched edges they look great. That was a good idea to have the message already done in the card as boy are not good at that kind of thing. Have a great week end.
Hugs. Pat♥

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats on his graduation. I love the cards.

Patti J said...

How special you made his graduation, Vicki! Your work is beautiful, and that young man is totally handsome! Thanks for sharing :-)

Regina said...

great pics! The cake looks yummy! The thank you cards in this wonderful design look so simple but so effectively!
sending big hugs
Regina

Céline said...

congrats !!!
wow love those cards
hugs
céline

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card and cake for your handsome chap, Vicki, the thank you cards are also lovely.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats to your handsome son,Vicki! Love that preschool graduation pic, too! He really grew up! Beautiful cards!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wow...lots to comment on, but first...what a handsome young man!!! Yes, the years fly by and then you think and then you shed a few tears....I know I did! Our youngest will graduate next year but will head to grad school, but I look so forward to his graduation next year. I love your graduation card but boy oh boy I LOVE the thank you cards. With Don retiring and all grandparents are deceased, Don being the only child in his family, I think I will only have to make about 8 thank you cards...sorta sad...haha I hope you get all your planned crafting done this weekend. I have graduation drop-ins all weekend to go to and a deadline for Doodle Pantry I haven't even planned. Have a super weekend!

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations to Ryan and to your entire family! What a proud moment for you all! Fabulous work on all his cards, Vicki!

Sue said...

Big congratulations to your Son, you must feel so proud.
Your graduation card is wonderful, such a stylish design and I love the classy thank you cards too.
Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos.
I hope you are having a good weekend my friend.
hugs Sue xx

Pia S said...

He's a handsome young man, your son.
Your thank you cards I'm sure will be appreciated. A clever design for mass production, decorative and simple at the same time, and the design is so right for the occasion.

CaroleAnn said...

Congrats!! Handsome indeed!! Love all the goodies you made - congrats to an awesome job Mama!!! Big Hugs

laurie said...

Love those thank you's....great design!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great post and cards Vicki!
Congrats to Handsome Ryan!
I know how you feel ;)

Donna K said...

All grown up!! Congratulations to your handsome son and to you and your hubby too. Raising children is never easy but so worth it. Beautiful cards, awesome cake and now a little time for YOU. Take a deep breath and create. Happy weekend! xx Donna K

Davi said...

Congrats to your handsome son Vicki!! Gosh dont the years fly by from kindergarten to high school graduation!
Your announcements and thank yous are awesome :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I am so pleased that the day turned out so wonderful for you all to celebrate the graduation, the cake, cards and your handsome some all look delicious, thank you for sharing such an awesome moment.
hugs
lorraine x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. .I hope I have understand it correctly and a big graduation for your son.. Lovely creations you made... wonderful.

Have a nice day
Anja xoxo

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

Congratulations on your son's graduation, its such wonderful news and imagine you are so very proud!!. Fabulous design and really eye for detail, keep up the wonderful amazing work.

Hugs
Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

Donna said...

Wonderful pictures, so glad you shared them, handsome young man! Really like your thank you cards too!

Marja B. said...

Fab thank you cards - so simple but elegant! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations to your handsome son you must be so proud,I love the cards and a great cake too
Carol x

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats to your son the grad!! Great card you made for him... love the white ink swiped over the embossed stars. And the thank you cards are fabulous, too!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a fabulous way to celebrate! Awesome card for Ryan, and the thank you cards are just too fun!

aussie aNNie said...

Sorry I am late responding to this Vicki but oh boy, is he handsome or what...if I was just a tad younger lol I'd be over there in a flash...super congrats to his graduation...xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Donna said...

Congratulations to your son Vicki, you must be so proud and it looks as though you had some wonderful celebrations too! Your card is amazing and perfect for the occasion...a really elegant design and I'm sure the thank you cards went down a storm, they're ace! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: The cake looks so scrummy (not drooling much!)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh how exciting!!! Congrat's to the grad! Love the cards you made.

nwilliams6 said...

Your son is very handsome, and that cake looks yummy! Great cards too. Fun days! Hugz

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy Graduation!!! Love the card with the embossed/sanded stars and great thank you cards!

Michelle said...

Congrats to the Grad!! Very nice thank you's as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you again soon.

Michelle H

Beth said...

congrats to your son Vicki and you did an awesome job on the announcements and thank you.
Hugs.

Lola said...

Oh my, he really is so handsome - and yes, it is so crazy how time flies! You really did think of everything - such a wonderful mom! The thank you cards are so perfect and hopefully I will remember this in 10 more years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...