"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Missing You at Tuesday Throwdown

Hello friends!
Here with you today to share a new challenge up over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
For this challenge, we'd like to see "Missing You" themed creations.

The sponsor for this challenge is Fred, She Said Designs and they are offering a prize for the winner, so be sure to come play along for your chance to win!
Here's what I've done for my card:
I've used this really stunning image kindly donated from our sponsor called Marigolds & Morpho digital stamp set.  I printed up this image twice and then on one of them, I colored in the background flowers with blue inks and then went over them with my Copic markers to add some shadowing and green leaves.  For the center of the flowers, I've used my gold and white gel pens to dot them.  I fussy cut around the outline shape of the image and placed it over my mosaic embossed white background panel.  I added some gold ribbon and the sentiment banner along with the pearls at the bottom and attached this to an A2 white card base.


I then colored in the butterfly on the other image and fussy cut it out and covered it with my Wink of Stella Glitter pen and colored in the eyes with a silver gel pen.  I also covered the middle of the butterfly with some glossy accents.  All I did was use some liquid glue only on the center of the butterfly and attached it to the blue colored floral image right over top of the other one.
Once the glue was dry, I was able to pull up on the wings and curve them to give them some dimension.  I wanted to make the flowers blue instead of yellow so that the butterfly would pop out against them.  Looking at this now, I wish I would've added in one more gold element to tie it in with the design better, but I thought the gold colored centers would tie in with the ribbon.

Hope you were inspired by my design today and I do hope that you will join us this week for the challenge!  Stop on over at the challenge blog to see all of the other stunning inspiration from my DT friend!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Come & Get It - Ribbon & Bling
Creative Corner - Spring is in the air!
Just Us Girls - Color Week (I chose: teal, yellow, green & neutral white/black)


49 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki. I love the beautiful blue flowers in the background and such a gorgeous butterfly.
hugs Sue xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW!! Stunning !

Olga said...

Eye popping gorgeous, love the butterfly!!!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card
have a nice day

Amelia said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautifully coloured and live that ribbon xx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki.. I love your creation.. a lovely butterfly... It`s so great.

Hugs Anja

vic said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki love that butterfly it's so colourful you have madrone fab card love it!
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Vic xx

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! such fabulous colors.

yep... weather is weird, but i'll take it over high heat and humidity any day. rather have the windows open than the air on!

have a great week.

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is so very beautiful, wow, the flowers and that butterfly are stunning, wow I love it so much
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and colors and the glitter shows up so well! Great photography.

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining Creative Corner Challenges~

Margreet said...

Fabulous card Vicki...great coloring and I love how the butterfly is shining and pops up from the (beautiful) flowers!
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I love that gorgeous butterfly!!!
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

Ho... my... goodness! I bet this just glimmers all over the place in real life. It is truly stunning. LOVE the bright orange against that vibrant blue!

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow, this is drop dead gorgeous, sweet image and the colors are outstanding, Just love all of the details on this beauty.
Hugs my friend
Berni

Barb said...

This is fabulous, loving it all, color, flowers, and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Come And Get It. Barb

Pollard Carole said...

Just stunning amazing colouring a beautiful card and design love and hugs Carole x

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Your card is stunning! I like the background you created)

Tammy said...

WOW this is stunning Vicki! I love that image and your coloring is gorgeous, fabulous sparkle too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Lola said...

SO pretty! And you're absolutely right - the butterfly just pops off the card with that beautiful blue background.

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Vicki..love the gorgeous butterfly and colouring and fabulous background and sparkle..so very pretty.

luv CHRISSYxx

Monika Reeck said...

Speechless
that butterfly is stunning Vicki love it and love the colors the ribbon and the flowers too...ADORABLE made Vicki love love this much...hugs, Monika

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty focal image.....love that gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a stunner! Love the vivid colors.

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful Vicki and I love the die cut background!

Jacqueline said...

Love your card! It's beautiful! Those colours and combination with the die cut and ribbon are amazing! Hugs, Jacqueline

Shelly said...

Hello, GORGEOUS!
So stunning, Vicki!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love the image you used.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh wow!!! This is stunning! I love everything about it, just wow!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.. such vibrant and rich colors/coloring!! Love the little dots of gold on the flowers, too.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Wow!!!! What stunning design Vicki! Love the colors and details. PERFECT!!!!
Huggies Sweetie!

Regina said...

OH! This is SO beautiful, Vicki! The butterfly is lovely and you've colored it to perfection!
sending hugs
Regina

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that beautiful butterfly perched on the floral background! I love how you colored everything and the enhancements with the gel pens. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Asha said...

Oh my word!!! That butterfly is STUNNING! Looks like its about to flutter right off the card.
hugs, Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card my lovely friend and In my amazement at the lovely photo below I forgot to mention your card is gorgeous as well.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Vicki! I love the blue flower behind the butterfly and the exquisite coloring on the butterfly. Fab ribbon! I'm sure you meant this just for me because you all miss me so much at TT. :-D

Céline said...

really beautiful
hugs
céline

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! Vicki your bfly is amazing with all those luscious layers! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Love your card... That Wink a Stella is some awesome stuff, I love how your flowers and butterfly turned out. Amazing job on the butterfly and love the gold ribbon.
Hugs, Pat♥

Creations by Shirl said...

Back to thank you for sharing it with us over at Creative Corner Challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki. Adore the vibrant colours on the butterfly.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Neva Zver said...

Wooow…. Such a sweet project. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Beth said...

girlfriend I am drooling over that beautiful butterfly so gorgeous as is the whole card.
Hugs

Donna K said...

This is really, really gorgeous! Your description of stunning image goes along with your stunning creation! Loving the colors and the pretty gold bow.

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous card love the vibrant coloured butterfly and great blue flower background
carol x

Pia S said...

You turned this image into a truly beautiful embellishment, it's a gorgeous card.

Barb said...

Beautiful creation and wonderful design. Thanks for joining us in the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

Sue said...

Glorious butterfly and card. What brilliant colors you achieved, so beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh Vicki, this is amazing! Such perfectly balanced colour & the shimmer is just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...