Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Moonlight Watercolor Bug

Hello friends!
With all of this rain it is starting to also get a bit humid out, so I'm glad there is a breeze blowing!
As we get more rain to follow, I have some more to share with you:
I got this Lawn Fawn stamp set and coordinating dies a while back and I have been really wanting to get these out for a play!  I've used the cute Bugs and Kisses stamp set along with the coordinating dies to cut it out with.  I have water-color on the branch and the leaves to color them in with.  The bug was colored with Copic markers.

The sky turned out a bit different than I had envisioned it to be, but I still like it!
I've pulled out those luscious Kuretake Gansi water-colors again to make my background.  I had masked a circle for my moon, but some of the blue seeped through, but after getting it all put together, I think it makes it look like a more realistic moon with the darker colors mixed in. (In the photo the moon appears a bit more green than what it actually is.)   I've used several different shades of blues, turquoise, navy & yellow to achieve the look of the background.  The "stars" were done with me taking my paint brush and loading it with the shimmer as well as the white water-color to make it looks like stars.  Of course it always looks so much better IRL!
When I put it all together, I die cut the panel with the LF Stitched rectangle die and then mounted that onto a brushed silver piece of card stock and then attached it to the front of my white card base.
The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder.  This is not a Lawn Fawn stamp (I know they have something similar to this, but I don't have it.),  it came from the More Than Words stamp set by The Alley Way Stamps.  I tend to do a lot of mixing and matching from different sets...sometimes it just works out better! :)

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the "stars" and how they shimmer a bit better.
I've popped up a couple of the leaves on the branch as well as the bug.  I've also covered the bug's wings and the leaves with some Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, but it's hard to see in a photo of course.

Hope you have enjoyed my water-color creation today and thank so much for stopping by for a visit!  I sure enjoy you being here and following along with me! :)
Enjoy the rest of your week!  I will see back on Friday for a special post!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.   Lawnscaping Challenge - water-colors


2.  CCEE Stampers (CCEE1518) - National Astronomy Day (Inlcude stars)

3.  Crafts 4 Eternity - Inspired by Nature

4.  Crafty Card Makers - Make Your Own Background

5.  Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with Optional Extra:  no patterned paper

51 comments:

SonjaK said...

Such a cute card! Love the bright gradient on the little bug's wings.

Becca Cruger said...

The sky looks like it is glowing from that firefly. Brilliant water coloring!

KayM said...

What a cute card! Your watercolored background is just amazing!!

Olga said...

Gorgeous, the background just pops!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Your background looks amazing! Super sweet card!

jimlynn said...

Love your card Vicki! The sky looks wonderful and the little bug is just darling with the heart trailing him. Cute, cute card.
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

Cute, cute, CUTE, Vicki! Love your sky and the dimension in the leaves and bug. :-D

Margreet said...

Great background Vicki, and that bug is so adorable...love the sentiment too!
xxx Margreet

Pollard Carole said...

This is just stunning the colouring is just amazing and love the perfect sentiment it so reminds me of some glow worm caves we visited in New Zealand love and hugs Carole x

Whimsey said...

How cute; love the bold colors!

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!
~Michele, DT

Chrissy said...

I love the colours in the background Vicki and the cute little bug....a gorgeous card..so cute with that sentiment.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
oh this is sooooooooo! gorgeous.
Beautifully designed, and created.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just awesome! That background is amazing and I love the color on the wings!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh so cute and what a fabulous background you made!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki that background is fantastic love the stitched heart also the branch and bee, great sentiment, super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, the background is stunning, Vicki, it's a fantastic card.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki I love the color on your bug and the moon look so real yeah agree with you and the water coloring BG looks so soft I love your adorable card on this post...feel so calm down to see your card...see my last post dear..I put your lovely Piggy card there..hugs, Monika

Bad Kitty said...

Love your card

VanessaB said...

WOW!!! soooooooo gorgeous!

Tammy said...

You card is very unique and special, love the watercoloring results! Great card!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! And I really like your water colored background!

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe, loving the background. Fun image and great composition and details.
Hugs my friend
Berni

Penny Odell said...

Hi Vicki, what a gorgeous background you created. Your little lightning bug is so cute too. Love it!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You create the best backgrounds! What a great card!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Such a cute lighting bug and card! I love your watercolored background too! It's amazing and beautifully done!

Patricia St Martin said...

You are getting so good at your water coloring, your sky turned out fantastic, love how the moon turned out and a cute sentiment.
Hugs, Pat♥

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome water coloring and that bug is just gorgeous!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this delightful card and what a fab colour combo.... xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational background for this sweet little lightening bug, Vicki! It brings back such sweet memories of summer in the backyard! Beautiful, beautiful card!

MiamiKel said...

WOw, this is absolutely breathtaking! You makes cards with a little twist like no one else- each one so unique and has a signature fabulousity to it! Wonderfully whimsical and creative! Blessings ♥

Céline said...

so so cute
hugs
céline

Josephine said...

What a lovely card - love the background!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!! I love the watercolored background and that cute little bug, fabulous sentiment too!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Gorgeous water coloring and design!

Shelly said...

Super cute, Vicki! Love!

julieprice3 said...

Love the pretty soft background, beautifully done xo julie P

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your watercolor card is so amazing.. I love your creation and I love your little bee.

Have a nice weekend
Anja

Samantha Mann said...

oh wow! this is absolutely gorgeous!! i LOOOOOOOVE that sky background! wow!! and the beautiful way you added color to the wings of that little bug!! wow!! so beautiful! this is what watercolor is all about!! gorgeous!! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Davi said...

A delightful card Vicki!! I love the background you created for the sweet image :)

Lisa S. said...

Love this card and I'm very partial to this sentiment as I always tell my daughter this. The watercolors look amazing!

Pia S said...

Love this background and how the colors blend together. And those lawn fawn stamps are so sweet. A great design!

Samantha Casey said...

Wow very pretty card! I love the background you made! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Shirley said...

It looks wonderful! I love how you did the BG and thanks for the how to! I love your 'moon' and think that's better anyway. Your images are perfect for it!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous water coloring :)

Beth said...

Vicki this is a cute lovely card, those colors are gorgeous so cheery looking great job.
Hugs

Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous background!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the background and sentiment -I say this to my little grandaughters and love you lots like jelly tots lol
Carol x

Jessi Fogan said...

Isn't it funny how the things that seem like a boo-boo (the blue seeping through) end up being one of the best elements? I love how it looks!

Asha said...

Gorgeous gorgeous background... even the bugs are cute!
hugs, Asha

Donna said...

Adorable and sweet card Vicki, beautiful sentiment and so clever the way you have built up the background...looks ace! :) Donna ♥ x

Lola said...

I LOVE your background sky and moon. Just beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...