Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Hero

Hello friends!
Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a week from my last posting! Ooops!
I meant to get this one posted yesterday for Memorial Day, but missed the chance to post it!  I did get into my studio to stamp which is a good thing though! :)
Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend.
 **Wanted to take this special moment to thank each and every one who has or is serving in the military and let them know how thankful we are for your service. **  

I was busy with things that I will share later this week, but for now, I wanted to share this card:
I really like the way this turned out.  I was going for a masculine rustic feel along with a 'non-traditional' colored patriotic look.  I thought that this card could be used for several occasions including a thank you for Military Service Persons.
I've pulled out a stamp set from My Favorite Things with lots of stars in it called Totally Happy and paired it with a Mama Elephant sentiment from one of her 'limited edition' stamp sets no longer available.  I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder over the strip of Crumb Cake card stock.  The stars were stamped with Whisper White ink and the set of three stars on the sentiment strip was stamped with the Crumb Cake ink.

I've used my (retired) Stampin' Up! star punches to punch out the large and smaller stars with in the Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow card stock colors.  The smaller stars were popped up over the sentiment strip with dimensionals.

I've also taken the Crumb Cake ink and distress the edges of the main panel with it and also distressed the edges with my distress tool.  I thought this helped with the rustic look of the design.  I then layered the Crumb Cake main panel to a Lost Lagoon and finally layered onto a Mossy Meadow A2 sized card base.

Needed to get this card posted for a few challenges that are about to end! Yikes!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you've enjoyed my card and I will be back again shortly with another post for a new challenge!!   So stay tuned! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.  The Male Room - color challenge:


2.  Pals Paper Arts (PPA252) - sketch  whoops! MISSED IT!


3.  AAA Cards - For the Guys

28 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I am the first one yaaayy
I love all the different size of the star
really manly image and love the kraft and distress on your card..
I have no mojo
also no card from today
but you can see the post from yesterday Vicki hehe
hugs
and I go to bed it is 23:11 Just catch up a bit
Cheers
Monika

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Tammy said...

Its amazing how quickly time passes! Love your masculine card and really like the color combo!

Sue said...

Great colors on your Hero card, Vicki. Love the stars too, look great inked and popped up! The kraft paper looks awesome, need to use that more often...thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs
Sue

jimlynn said...

Super wonderful card for a guy! Love all the different stars and the design on this. Love your card!
Lynn

Shelly said...

Fabulous card, Vicki!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful card!

Asha said...

Handsome, dignified and very manly! The stars is in various sizes and colours really steals the show. Well done, Vicki!
hugs, Asha

Pam said...

Love this!

Pam said...

Love this!

nwilliams6 said...

Great hero card Vicki!!!! Love the CAS way you made it and I love the kraft. Hugz

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card design- love your take on the sketch- awesome!

Jane said...

Super male themed card, loving the stamped star background and the arrangement of the die cut stars on top. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards and The Male Room.

Deborah Frings said...

I didn't realise how well these colours work for military theme cards - this is just fabulous. Love the distressed edges and the stars. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Céline said...

absolutly beautiful !!
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

A great masculine design. It's perfect for the intended occasion, but I can see this as an all year occasion card as well. Super!!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful masculine card, my friend, and excellent work with the colors! WOW.

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Tammy said...

Awesome masculine card Vicki! I love all of the stars and your fab distressed corners!
Hugs, Tammy

Deepti said...

This is awesome! The muted tones look amazing !

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic card!!!!!
Hugs, Pat♥

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki love the colours and the stars what a lovely tribute to the men and women of the forces.
hugs
lorraine x

VanessaB said...

awesome!

Donna K said...

I love cards like this. So wonderful that you went totally non traditional on the colors. Beautiful design Vicki!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! You are a wizard with those manly cards! Hugs...happy weekend!

Justine Hovey said...

I'm the worst at "guy cards" - I love the simplicity and masculinity of the card, puts me to shame ;) Thanks for playing over at AAA Card Challenge. xx Justine

Jessi Fogan said...

A perfectly executed dreaded man card! Love the kraft & the pops of colour!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful design! Love the combination of stamped and die cuts stars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...