"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Surprise... Birthday Linky Party!

Hello friends!!
Yes, I'm still around and I have a special post to share with you today!

*CLICK HERE for the party Link UP to join in the fun!*
We are celebrating a special friend's birthday who I happen to be on a DT with over at ATSM challenge blog!  Several of her friends and DT teammates have all teamed up together to surprise her with this fun birthday link party in her honor!

This special person is the awesome
Sandie Munro
If you have time, come join the linky party FUN and tell Sandie happy birthday!

I have made a special birthday card for her too!  Thanks to Sandie, I was able to get out some of my crafty goodies that I had bought and hadn't had a chance to play with yet!
I have always loved the chalkboard look and was happy to pull out my "Big Day" and "Chalk Lines" stamp sets from Stampin' Up! along with some specialty chalkboard paper to create this look.
To get the different colors over the black chalkboard paper, I have used Whisper White ink along with some special chalk inks for the colors.

I die cut a tag with my MFT stitched tag STAX and then I die cut a tag hole at the top of it so that I could add some white twine at the top.  I've also used a chalk marker to color in portions of the cake and then I stamped the sentiment again with white ink and fussy cut the "celebrate" border to pop it over the design.  I've also popped the tag up over the strip of "Chalk Lines" and over the "Best Year Ever" DSP from Stampin' Up! as well.  This is attached to my A2 white card base.

And this card is on it's way over to Sandie...hope you have enjoyed your special
blog hop birthday my friend!

Many happy wishes and hugs!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to link this card for:
Fab 'N' Funky - Tag It
Sister Act - Anything Goes

40 comments:

Sarah Gray said...

Love the black tag and chalkboard style stamps, Vicki! The popped up celebrate is a great touch. Thank you for joining Sandie's birthday party :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki, I am not on the hop but I just has to stop by and tell you how much I love this card that tag, sentiment and background look terrific, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

sandie said...

VIcki so pleased you joined in my party, and what an awesome card, love that subtle background, would love some cake!

Kylie said...

I love that stamp on the tag! Great card. xx

ps the linky is at my personal blog and not the challenge blog :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is fabulous Vicki! Striking fun and glamorous! Sandie will love it I'm sure and thanks for playing along at the party. Sarah x

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am coming over for a piece of cake ;) - LOVE this!

Kamila R. said...

What a lovely card! Your tag looks like a chalk board - I love different colours for the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!
Kamila DT

Julie B said...

Love the chalk board tag against the pale base. Cake, yum! x

Loll said...

Love the soft and dreamy background Vicki. The black tag with the difference colours of stamping really pops. Fabulous design that Sandie will LOVE.

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card Vicki! I love the chalkboard look and that wonderful background. So soft and pretty.
Lynn

Pia S said...

Love that stamp and how you used different colors for stamping, it looks great!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Fabulous birthday card! Love the chalkboard look! Enjoy your weekend!

Asha said...

Oh this is sooooo elegant!!! Perfect for Sandie!
hugs, Asha

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki..love the tag..fabulous design.

luv CHRISSYxx

VanessaB said...

awesome!

Céline said...

fab card, love the die tag, i think i need it lol
hugs
céline

Margreet said...

You made Sandie a gorgeous card!
xxx Margreet

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous Birthday card, Vicki.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Inkyfingers said...

Such a lovely card Vicki and I love your blackboard tag!

Barb Ghig said...

LOVE your chalkboard tag, Vicki! The birthday cake and sentiment really pop against the black background...so fun!

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is fantastic. I love this look too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous chalkboard tag, Vicki ... yummy cake too ... and fantastic against that soft bokeh background! Anita :)

Donna said...

Fantastic tag card Vicki! Love the chalkboard effect and the CAS design...such a stunning design! :) Donna ♥ x

nwilliams6 said...

Love that bg! What a fun Birthday card and how sweet of all of you to do this for her birthday. Great card. Hugz

Davi said...

Fabulous Vicki! Love the way you did the chalkboard look and the background really shows it of beautifully :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I absolutely love what you have done with this SU set. I am going to have to pull mine out and ink it up! Fabulous design, Vicki!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and fabulous tag,love the chalkboard look
Carol x

Tammy said...

Fabulous birthday tag card, love the pretty background too!

Sue said...

I love the chalkboard look too. And your pretty background is wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Lee-Anne said...

What a beautiful card for Sandie! I love all the embossing and that fabulous bokeh background!

Pat K said...

Fabulous card. Love the chalkboard tag and wonderful simple design.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Donna said...

Great birthday card Vicki, like the soft Bokeh background!

Monika Reeck said...

I think I see bokeh here also its fit for Houose Of Cards challenge Vicki why dont you join us?This is adorable bokeh so soft and so bold black in the middle of that is amazing..
Sandie will love this...
I believe it and I am loving this card too..hugs,Monika

Shelly said...

Such a FABULOUS card, Vicki!

Beth said...

stunning birthday card Vicki for your friend.
Hugs.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Such a great look! Beautiful stamping, Vicki!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the bokeh background - perfect for making this awesome tag pop!

Lola said...

Such an elegant tag - love the effect, and your DP is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...