"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown has "Flowers For Her"

Hello friends!
Last night started the heavy rains we are supposed to get this week.  This will be good because all of the things we just finished planting will have some nice rain to help water them.
This will also give me some time to do some stamping! Yay! :)

I'm here to share a new challenge with you for
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
For this week's challenge, we'd like to see some "Flowers for Her" on your creations.
Such a perfect time of year for that and so easy!
Our sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More this week, so be sure to play along for your chance to win a wonderful prize from them!
They have also kindly provided the design team with images to use, so here's what I've done:
Isn't this image just gorgeous?!  I've used the Spring Cart image from Robyn's Fetish to make my "Flowers for Her" card for the challenge.  I just love all of the different flowers bursting from the wheelbarrow!  I really enjoyed coloring it in with my Copic markers.  I've also sketched in some grass blades around the bottom of the wheelbarrow.  I then took my metallic gel pens and colored in the wheel spokes with silver and the center of the pink flowers with yellow.  I also thought it would look nice to add some white dots with my liquid pearls.

I took a Copic multi-liner pen to make the dash lines around the image panel and then layered this onto a black piece of card stock that I punched a scallop border along the right side.  If you notice the background on the pink card base, I decided to add some more flowers with white ink.  The floral background stamp is a very old stamp from Stampin' Up!  I've also pulled a "mother's day" sentiment from a stamp in my old stash and then took my Copic liner pen to make additional dash marks on each side of it.

Before attaching my image panel to the card base, I took a hole punch and attached an eyelet to the image panel so that I could run my black gingham ribbon behind it and then added my bow over it.  I then used some foam tape to pop it up over the pink card base.

  I think I've made several Mother's Day cards this year as to confuse my mom on which card she may or may not get! LOL!!  It will be a surprise when I decide which one I want to give her! :)

Be sure to pop on over to the Tuesday Throwdown challenge blog and see the inspiration from the rest of the design team!!  We can't wait to see those beautiful flowers!!
Thanks so much for joining me here today!  See you again soon! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the other challenges I'd like to enter:

Cute Card Thursday - Use a Sentiment

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Spring has Sprung

Creative Corner - For Mom

Get Creative - For the Ladies/Mother's Day

613 Avenue Create - anything goes with optional feminine theme




39 comments:

Sarah said...

This is a beauty Vicki!! Gorgeous colouring and the black accents look brilliant xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the image, beautiful colouring and a fabulous way to add the ribbon.
hugs Sue xx

Margreet said...

Great coloring and a gorgeous card...love the ribbon...your mother must be blessed with a daughter who makes her such beautiful cards!
xxx Margreet

nwilliams6 said...

Some awesome coloring on this really lovely image. A great card. So glad to be back visiting my inspiring friends. Love your card! Hugz

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
this is a fab creation.
Beautiful colouring of that great image, and wonderful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Amy Ottmers said...

Very pretty card!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

Asha said...

SO perfect for Mother's Day, my friend. LOVE your colouring.
hugs, Asha

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe my sweet and lovely Vicki. You are amazing, this spring cart is so welcome today. Beautiful colors and fab coloring. thank you for covering for me. I am now in catch up to see those amazing creations from the crafters. Have a fab day and even better week.
Hugs
Berni

Pia S said...

Beautiful coloring and a lovely clean design. And I think you chose the perfect spot for the sentiment.

Donna said...

Beautiful card design and coloring! I like your faux stitching.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colouring Vicki and I love the image and the liquid pearls and pretty gingham bow...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Vicki & your colouring is just perfect :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

jimlynn said...

Great faux stitching and LOVE your gorgeous coloring on those flowers. They almost look like they were watercolored! So lovely.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Vicki and such a beautiful spring color combo!

Becky said...

Yes, it is GORGEOUS.. :)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous coloring Vicki!! I love the faux stitching!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly said...

So pretty, Vicki!

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Love the wheel barrow full of flowers! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge!

Jennifer said...

Vicki, this is so lovely! Wonderful little pearl accents!

Patti J said...

You always make me smile, Vicki! This is so lovely. Your mom is so lucky to be on the receiving end of these beautiful creations. You'll have to tell us which one you send her :-) hugs!

Veerle said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image. Thank you for joining us. Greetings,
Veerle DT member CreativeCornerChallenges

Pauline said...

Lovely card Vicki, so pretty.

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING. Love the gorgeous creation, the papers, image and beautiful colour tones....xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic image, Vicki! Love your coloring. That black and white gingham ribbon really sets off the image, too.

Céline said...

stunning card
hugs
céline

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous coloring!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Vicki I love that image and the wonderful mix of colours the black really accents it perfectly, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Monika Reeck said...

Perfetto for mothers day..
love your color combo Vicki and that image is adorable really..love the add of your bow too...love the pink meet the black on your card...
I put your lovely card you sent me on my post today....many thanks Vicki and I can catch the picture of the bubble on your balloon yaay its amazing Balloon you have created..
hugs.
Monika

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! And your gingham ribbon was just the perfect touch!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful!

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cc&Cc cheers Sue N x

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card Vicki. Love the image and colors. Totally PERFECT! Such awesome work always!
Huggies!

Shirley said...

Can't believe what I've been missing! Another lovely image. I say frame it, bow and all, to the receiver!! What you do with digital is stunning!!

Deepti said...

This is sooooooo beautiful !

Beth said...

Beautiful Vicki with gorgeous soft colors and such a pretty image love the addition of the pearls.
Hugs

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful coloring on that image, so pretty!

Lola said...

Your card is so lovely all around. Love how you used that eyelet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...