"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Always Be HAPPY!

Hello friends!!
Happy Monday and welcome to the first day in June!  Are you ready for Summer?  I am thinking about warm weather and just spending time outside in the sun!  (Too bad we've had record lows the last few days, but I hope it is all behind us now!)

And just to get myself into that "Happy Summer" feeling, I've made this card:
So when I first checked out the color challenge over at MFT, the first thing that actually came to my mind was Halloween!  I did NOT want to make Halloween quite yet, so I opted to try out the colors for some flowers!  I've used all My Favorite Things stamps and dies except for the ribbon and twine on my card!  The flowers are from the Fresh Cut Flowers die and I attached them onto the Stitched Traditional Tags die. I've attached this onto a Stitched Rounded Rectangle die that I have stamped the same sentiment that I used for the Stitched Circle accent all over the background.  That stamp set is called Happy Everything and as you can see, it's straight across when stamped, so for the circle, I masked off part of it so that it would fit inside the circle.  Lastly, I've taken the Happy Trio die and attached it over the front of my card to go with the circle sentiment.
All of the colors I've used are from MFT as well...see the color challenge below if you'd like to know which colors I've used on this.  The additional color that I've added was the Whip Cream color.  (They always seem to be out of the Sweet Tooth color!)

So I hope that this card has made you happy! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today....I really appreciate your thoughts!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

My Favorite Things - Color Challenge



My Favorite Things - Sketch Challenge



Creative Knockouts - Tic Tac Toe (I used diagonally - 1. Die Cuts/Punches  2. Sentiment  3. Flowers)

Brown Sugar - Ribbon & Flowers



35 comments:

Becky said...

These is fabulous! Love the colors and design.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this gorgeous die cut tag design, Vicki! Sensational card!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I really love your design and the colours look fabulous. A beautiful sentiment too.
hugs Sue xx

Donna said...

Hey Vicki, this is such a fun and cheery card (deffo not Halloweeny), the little flowers are too cute and I love the large black lettering too! :) Donna ♥ x

Shannon McComb said...

This is soo pretty! The colors together are lovely!:)

jimlynn said...

So summery and pretty. Love that cute little flowers and the tag.
Lynn

Sarah said...

Love this cheery card Vicki, great colour choice xx

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE your adorable card, Vicki - especially the grouping of flowers, nestled so sweetly together, and popped up at different levels. Great colors, too! (very pretty the way you created your own background paper, too!) hugs, de

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous, love the colors and the way you used this sketch

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

This colors are gorgeous! You take the sketch perfectly)

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Inkyfingers said...

I love this happy card Vicki - it is beautifully designed and the colours are beautiful! I'm so pleased that your son had a great graduation day - he looks so happy.
Hugs
Carol x

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable card and I'm crazy about the colors you used! The posies are really sweet!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love all of the stitched dies you've used and your adorable little flowers!!
Hugs, Tammy

Anneke said...

dear Vicky
i have taken a peek at your latest work and they are all so cute and gorgeous.
absolute adorable and i love to visit your blog.
hugs from Anneke

Kylie said...

Vicki, this is wow. I love all those stitched details. I'm a big fan of dies with stitching. The flowers are gorgeous!!! xx

Donna said...

This is just fabulous, so cheery and springy, this would brighten any ones day!

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, I love how you used that sketch, Vicki! Those 'stitched' dies are so delightful. I'm seeing more and more of them around and my Wish List is growing. Must be time to get some of them. :-D

nwilliams6 said...

Great colors - they work really well for this cheerful and fun card! Hugz

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super take on the colors and sketch challenges, Vicki. This is the kind of card that puts a smile on your face. Well Done!!

Chasing the Dream said...

Love, love the palette, awesome design and yes, I am happy.
Hugs my friend. Have a fab week
Hugs
Berni

Patti J said...

It's hard not to be happy when I come by your blog! Your cards are so fun, colorful, and sweet! Thanks for sharing yet another great creation!

alexandra s.m. said...

LOve your cards and these flowers make me smile big time!
Thanks Vicki!

Pia S said...

A beautiful all occasion card, these are nice to have at hand for any last minute needs. Great idea using making technique for the sentiment, I must keep this in mind for one of my future projects...

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Nice way you stamped your background paper and love the fresh cut die. Another daring creation. Love your colors.
Hugs, Pat♥

Céline said...

so fab, love your dies
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

FANTASTIC combo of sketch and color challenges! I love the stamped sentiments on the background and love those flowers! So glad you joined us at MFT!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Vicki, this is so lovely! So glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful card Vicki...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

Great used of the sketch and I love that cute little flowers on your card..the color is really pop on the lavender color...luv this one...hugs..
Monika

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is so very pretty Vicki the colours are gorgeous so is the design, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Beth said...

absolutely beautiful Vicki love that color combo.
Hugs

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love Love Love the card and I want want want the stamp, happy die and flower die set...whew...the flower stamp die set is expensive. I could possibly make the happy sets are close to it but dies are a little quicker. Gosh, you are getting me to spend money...haha

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful summer card! Love those colors.

Daen'Ys said...

Wow, this is such a clean and gorgeous summer card! These die-cuts are awesome and the colors you've chosen - just fabulous!!
Hugs, Rosi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...