"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Hello from Prickles!

Happy Friday! Yay!
So after the week that I've had, I felt like just sitting down and doing some coloring!
Sometimes you just need to do that to "chillax" a bit!! LOL!
I think I was starting to feel as "prickly" as this cute fellow you will be meeting today! :)

This ADORABLE fellow is another monthly progressive set over at From the Heart and this digital set is called Prickles Says Hello.  I used my favorite method of coloring with my Copics.
I also followed along with the sketch that had on their blog as well. (see below)
I think I am on a mission to use up those papers that have been lurking around in my stash in what seems like FOREVER! (It felt good to use some!) I took a flower stamp and stamped it with white pigment ink all over my dotted brown papers which I thought helped match the white panel.
The banner sentiment was printed out and I cut the "fish tails" on it.
I've also pulled out a REALLY old metal flower charm and glued it on the brown circle which I cut off on the edge of the card.  I put a rhinestone in the center of it for a bit of sparkle too.

So you will see up close my coloring details and that I've added some glossy accents to his eye glasses as well as his nose.  I've used some glitter gel pens to color in the butterfly and the flowers on the ground.  A couple of dots were added to his cheeks with a white gel pen.

Wishing you all a wonderful Father's Day weekend!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Come back on Sunday to see what's next!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to add this card to:
From the Heart - Monthly Progressive Challenge
i {heart} sketches - Twist:  use a charm (I used flower charm and sketch)


32 comments:

jimlynn said...

The charm looks wonderful with Prickles! SOOO cute and fun!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super take on the sketch and wonderful coloring of fun Prickles!

Margreet said...

Awww, I love hour 'prickly' guy...so adorably colored...he looks so happy!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

I am in love with Prickles he is so darn cute fantastic colouring and lovely papers a smashing card
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Love Prickles! Super cute card and beautiful coloring!

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

Tammy said...

Oh Prickles is sooo cute Vicki!! Fabulous coloring and I love that metal flower charm! Enjoy your weekend my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

What a cutie! Glad you found some time to color...its therapy for me! Adorable card, dear friend!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a real cutie Vicki!

Céline said...

this card is really cute, love the design
hugs
céline

aussie aNNie said...

Hello prickles, Gorgeous image Vicki and so creative , lovely colour too..{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Pollard Carole said...

He's just brilliant I love this stamp and your colours and colouring are just gorgeous a stunning card love and hugs Carole x

Dr Sonia S V said...

So super cute it makes me smile!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun card Vicki! Prickles looks great!

Thank you for playing along with us at FTHS!

Imke said...

Adorable card, Vickie. Love your coloring and your DP choice. The stitched frame looks great - love these dies.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month June and also our Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt this week @ From the Heart Stamps !!

laurie said...

What fun ideas you had..love the glossy accents on the eye glasses! Such a cute image!

crafty-stamper said...

cute image and love the glossy accent glasses
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

He's so cute. I love your card.

Miriam Prantner said...

That image is just so adorable! What a cute card!

Anita in France said...

How cute, Vicki ... the colouring is fabulous and all the detailing is amazing ... glossy glasses, shimmery butterfly, and those sweet blooms under the image and in the background tied in with that blingy flower ... adorable! Anita :)

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling card. This image is so cute and SO beautifully colored right down to the glossy accents on the eye glasses. Love it!

Desire Fourie said...

Prickles is just adorable (love his name) and you have brought him to life beautifully with your creative colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

MiamiKel said...

Very sweet!! What an adorable name!

Deepti said...

Awwwwww so very very cute!

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki, an adorable little hedgie who is perfectly coloured...fab CAS design too! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

eeeekk this is super cuuteeeethe image the glasses and the coloring so awesome and lovely dots paper you have and nice stamp with white ink flower there
adorable made again my friend happy monday
hugs, Monika

VanessaB said...

aw. darling! colored so wonderfully!

mypurplehouse said...

Adorable! I am loving the charm an your coloring is fantastic!! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge and the SOTM challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
Lyn

Beth said...

cute cute cute my friend and I just love what you did to the eyeglasses very clever.
Hugs
Beth

Patricia St Martin said...

I love Pickles and your coloring him is amazing. Love the extra touches. Awesome way to do the banner, really like that with the cute brad.
Hugs, Pat♥

Dawn Frost said...

Oh Prickles is totally adorable! Great colouring and card Vicki!

Michelle said...

What a cute card! Love your coloring and the DP is fab!!

Thanks for joining our free Stamp of the Month challenge @ From The Heart Stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...