"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Holiday Time at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Hello friends!
Here to share with you a new challenge over at
For this week's challenge, we want to see your HOLIDAY creations!
This can be ANY holiday including "vacation" type holidays!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

We have a wonderful sponsor this week too!
  
Stitchy Bear Stamps is offering 3 images up to $10 from their store to one lucky winner!
So be sure to come play along with us!

For my creation, I decided that since we are in the month of June, it would be a good idea to make up some masculine type "Father's Day" cards that I will be needing shortly!
LOL!!  I have used this fun image kindly provided by our sponsor this week which is called The Big One.  I colored him with my Copic markers and fussy cut out the image.

For the card, I computer generated the sentiment to go with the image and printed it out on kraft colored card stock.  I die cut it out with my Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle die and then stamped the Stampin' Up! Hardwood background with Crumb Cake ink.  I also took a distressing tool to go around the edges of it and then mounted it onto a kraft colored A2 sized card base.

Here is a closer look at the coloring details:
After coloring him in with Copic markers, I cut him out and if you look at the "fishing line" on his pole, those were drawn in by me with a Copic liner.

I've also added other details with a clear glitter pen to his buckle and parts on the fishing pole.
I've used a white gel pen with help in coloring in some gray hairs on his head and mustache.
I took my Wink of Stella glitter pen to go over his sunglasses and the tiny fish as well as covering them both with some glossy accents.

So are you needing to make up some Father's Day cards or maybe some Holiday cards?
If you do, hope you will enter it with us for this challenge!!
Thanks so much for stopping in!!  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Simon Says Stamp - Make it masculine
Creative Corner - Just for Dad
Fantasy Stampers - Father's Day
Use Your Stuff - Sentiment (computer generated)

50 comments:

jimlynn said...

Vicki, this is adorable! Love your hand drawing on the fishing line and the image is so cute. A wonderful card for Father's Day.
Lynn

Deborah Frings said...

This is brilliant! Love the image and your colouring is just fab. I do like the sparkle on the fish and sunglasses! Great sentiment too!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Vicki..love the image...such a hoot with his little tiddler..fabulous colouring and love the woodgrain background...brilliant.

Luv CHRISSYxx

sandie said...

Excellent colouring and love those glasses x

aussie aNNie said...

Super fab card Vicki, so ideal for that man...xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki, I love the fun image, stunning colouring and the wood grain background looks amazing.
hugs Sue xx

Asha said...

Coloured to perfection! This image makes me laugh every time.
hugs Asha

Heather said...

A fabulous card Vicki, a fabulous woodgrain background is stunning and such a beautifully coloured adorable image with the great sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Bad Kitty said...

great card
have a nice day

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous colouring isn't he just fab love the stamp and great sentiment . I love the die as well love and hugs Carole x

Stef H said...

not only do you make fabulous cards... you take the BEST pictures of them!
this is super cool.

hugs :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun Father's Day card, Vicki! Beautiful coloring and I love the woodgrain background!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi hi hi this Image makes me smile
he got a tiny fish hihi sweeett Image you have choosen and the coloring wooohooooo perfectooooo love your coloring skill Vicki and the wood grain is perfect for this card
really manly card and its a winner card again in my eyes...
Love your post my dear Vicki
hugs, Monika

Deepti said...

This is super fun, your coloring is incredible :)

Tammy said...

Great card for Father's Day! Your coloring is fantastic!

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Diane said...

Absolutely fantastic design Vicki, gosh this is cute.

Hugs Diane

Patti J said...

Totally adorable, Vikki! Love every thing about this one! What a fun image, and, as usual, you've colored it beautifully! Great job!

cm said...

Vicki, what a marvelous Father's Day card...and your colouring is absolutely impressive! WOW! The fishing pole line is fantastic; I couldn't hand draw anything even if I tried! Fabulousness abounds!
Hugs~c

Julie B said...

This is a great Father's Day card Vicki, love it.The stamped background matches the beautifully coloured image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Julie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee-Anne said...

Wow...your coloring is absolutely amazing! Love this perfectly masculine design!

Tanja said...

love your Father's Day card - fantastic coloring

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous card, Vicki! Love your coloring and those funky sunglasses!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Vicki!!
Exquisite coloring and fussy cutting!
a Huge BRAVO to you!

coldwaters2 said...

What a super card for a Dad Vicki love the glitter you have added a great sentiment and smashing image.
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! your coloring is so amazing! love what you did to his glasses hehehehe!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- loving your image- and the background. This is such a fun image- would be a perfect card for so many guys I know : )

Hayley Kew said...

You NAILED IT, or should I say hooked it? Such a fun card!

Miriam Prantner said...

That is some serious fussy cutting, looks perfect! Love the coloring and the glossy accents too!

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! I love your coloring!!! And the sentiment is perfect!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, You did an awesome job on The Big One and a super job with the sentiment. Love the sunglasses. The perfect fathers day card. Stitchy Bear is sponsoring us at Twisted Thursday and I love her images. Have a nice week end.
Hugs, Pat♥

Michelle Looi said...

Wonderful creation!Great use of sentiment!
Thanks for sharing at Use Your Stuff!

Neets B said...

Awesome card, Vicki. The kraft and hardwood stamp work brilliantly for this image, which is coloured perfectly! x

Veerle said...

This is truly a fab card Vicki, love the sentiment. Thank you so much for joining the Creative Corner Challenge. Hope you play again in our next challenge. Veerle DT member-Team Jess

Karen Mead said...

I just love your fun card vicki - very cool:) xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card Vicky!

Shona Chambers said...

That poor man with his little fish!! Such a brilliant card, love that image and the background you created is awesome!!

Regina said...

the image make me smile! A perfect men card!
hugs Regina

ike said...

Super colouring Vicki :-)
Thank you for making such a fabulous project using our images.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

Ike
DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

Donna said...

This is such a cool card Vicki! Fantastic fake wood effect for the background and I love this fisherman dude, he's adorable! :) Donna ♥ x

VanessaB said...

what a great image! love what you did with it! makes me smile :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMgosh so fun and I love the background.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant image -not much of a catch lol.love the B.paper and play on words
carol x

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness I love him, especially the fish, lol!

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun FD card! Great bg and your fishing line is perfect! Wonderfully done. Hugz

Beth said...

Oh my word how adorable that would be a great card for my son-in-law and grandson, the grandson would have to switch the verse to Fishing you a Happy Birthday....love the little touches of the glitter pen on the image, you are so darn talented lady.
Hugs

Cazro said...

I love the pun with Fishing for Wishing, a great card. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

Lola said...

Perfect guy card! And your background looks fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...