"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

It's in the Stars at Tuesday Throwdown

Hello friends!
I'm here to share with you my last creation as a DT member for
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
It's been almost a year with them now and it's time for me to move on.   They are SUCH a super sweet DT to be apart of!  I have known several of the ladies over there for several years and it's always an honor to work with them and they have welcomed me back to the team with open arms.
I will miss working with them, but of course I will be seeing them in blog land and of course playing in the challenges!! :)  I want to say thank you to Kim and all of the amazing ladies over there for having me around...it's been such a pleasure!

They're holding a DT call as well and if you are interested, check out the details on the blog!  They are a super friendly and fun team to work for!

So...for the challenge this week, the theme is:
"It's in the Stars!" (meaning:  include stars on your creation)

We are sponsored by Di's Digistamps and they will be giving away a fun prize to a lucky winner, so be sure that you play along for your chance to win!

Here's what I've created for the challenge:
If you have seen my posts in the last couple of weeks, then you know that I've been trying to work on my final cards to send over to Operation Write Home (OWH).  This is another card that I will be sending along for another "Any Hero" card.  I knew when I saw this challenge that this is what I would be incorporating with it.

I pulled out my new My Favorite Things Wavy Greetings stamp set and coordinating Ride the Waves die for this card.  I kept it simple and just die cut the red, white and blue colors from the die and glued them in place over a kraft card base.  I embossed the greeting with white embossing powder above that and stamped the stars with blue ink at the bottom of the wave.  The kraft colored stars were punched out with a couple different sized punches and the smaller star was popped up with some foam tape.  I was being careful about adding any glitter because I knew that I didn't want to send that to a solider.  I think it's nice Patriotic styled design to send along.

So please do hop on over to the challenge blog and have a look at the other amazing projects for the design team and check out the DT call while you are there!  Tell them I sent ya! :)
Look forward to seeing what you all come up with!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Crafty Creations - Red, White and/or Blue
Creative Moments - ATG with wet or dry embossing
Cute Card Thursday - Stars and/or Stripes
4 Crafty Chicks - Patriotic

34 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fabulous design!! Love the wavy stripes and the row of stars below. So fun!

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki, such a great design and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic design Vicki...so striking, I really love this card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Wow, like how gorgeous craft looks woth red, blue and white)

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

This card is wonderful.. looks fantastic... Love your colours.

Have a wonderful day
Anja

Tina Henderson said...

Wow! Love the kraft with the red,white and blue! Great design! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina- DT

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful use of stars, Vicki! You are going to be so missed at Tuesday Throwdown, my friend. Glad to see you getting your cards finished for OWH. Sad that they will be gone, too. I put my last box in the mail to them yesterday. :(

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun patriotic design, Vicki!!! I love the wave die and how you added the wave of stars!!!

Beth said...

gorgeous my friend love how you cut your stripes stunning for sure.
Hugs

Donna K said...

What a gorgeous design. I love the boldness of the stripes to your "flag" this is so pretty and so patriotic, Vicki. I know the TT crew will miss having your talents on the team. You were so kind and welcoming to me. I'm happy to have "found" you in blog land and hope to continue to follow your creations. Thanks for your kindness and encouragement through your blog visits and social media support. Big hugs lady!! Have a safe and happy 4th of July. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki I have to say that this is one fantastic card those wavy lines are terrific so is the sentiment and stars, brilliant creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Fabulous patriotic card, like how you used kraft cardstock with it, great touch!

jimlynn said...

Cute and creative way to make that flag!!! LOVE! The stars and sentiment are wonderful too. A fabulous card!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Fantastic patriotic card Vicki! The waves and stars are such a great combination!

Monika Reeck said...

Gorgeous and patriotic card Vicki
you are great at making patriotic card for me not
I better not making similar like this
will be a bad card then hehe
happy Tuesday my friend
Monika

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Vicki! What a beautiful design. Love those wavy lines on kraft paper. Totally fab. I will so miss you because you welcomed me and always stop by with encouraging words. I have so enjoyed working with you. God bless you in your new endeavors and enjoy. You are such a sweetie filled with kindness.
Love & Huggies
Rachelle

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh I'm loving the background on this one!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super Duper design, Vicki. Everything is perfectly arranged and beautiful done! I just received my order from MFT and could kick myself that I didn't order the ride the waves die set after seeing your wonderful creation.

aussie aNNie said...

Great designed card Vicki, love the swirly bits...stars in your eyes love it.xxx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Davi said...

Pretty patriotic card Vicki!! I love the the cool curves, like a flag blowing!!

Tammy said...

Fabulous Patriotic card Vicki!! I LOVE the wavy design on the kraft cs!
Hugs, Tammy

Céline said...

fab design
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Love the layout and design and all the added kraft stars
Carol x

Desire Fourie said...

So creative Vicki. Loving the waves with the popped star on it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those wavy dies...they are on my wishlist, perfect patriotic card!

Pia S said...

A very striking simple design and these colors look so great with kraft. I really like this card...

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool waves. Perfect OWH and patriotic card. Love it. Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

I love the waves and how you added the sentiment and the stars. The star is a nice added touch. We just finished up all our cards that we are sending to OWH, going to miss making cards for them but it is good that they do not need as much.
Hugs, Pat♥

Donna said...

Hey Vicki, I originally saw this card over on FB and loved it then...it's even more fantabulous seeing it for the 2nd here. Perfect for the occasion and oh do I love the Ride the Waves die...want it! :) Donna ♥ x

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over on the Creative Moments Challenge blog. Good Luck!!! Agnieszka DT

Jacqueline said...

I love the clean look of this card. Missing you already as DT-member! Hugs, Jacqueline

Asha said...

Don't know how you do it but you make something so simple look FAB! Love this design. Hope you had a great 4th.
hugs, Asha

Lola said...

Wow, this really is stunning. Love the die cuts and the "simple" layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...