"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

June Guest Designer for TAWS + Video!!

Hello friends!
So I have some really fun and exciting news to share today!
I have been asked by The Alley Way Stamps to guest design for them during the month of June!

Today is my first post and I will have another post later this month...so be watching for that too!
I was given a couple of different stamp sets to work with:
                          
(Click on the photos to be taken to the store)
So I decided to focus most of my attention on mainly one stamp set for this post and next time you will see me mainly focusing on the other set later this month.

I focused my attention on the "Pink One" stamp set for my creations today and I even have a video to share with you.  I haven't done a video for a while and I thought it was about time and you will see why there really needs to be one for this! :) - (see further on down this post.)

So since Father's Day was this month, I thought it would be fun and unexpected to make a fun shaped card with the flowers!  So I've created this really fun Hawaiian type Shirt card:
I've taken a piece of solid colored vanilla design paper which has a lighter weight to it than regular card stock does and it's really important for this because there are several folds involved and the heavier weight you are working with, the more difficult it will be to try and form this shirt card!

Taking the "Pick One" stamp set, I've used several of the flowers within the set to randomly stamp a Hawaiian type of pattern all over this 10 1/2" x 6" piece of light weight paper.  I've also decorated the finished shirt card with a pocket on the front and stamped a sentiment from The Alley Way stamp set called "Speak Easy".  I used a marker to add the stitch lines and then I took some enamel white dots to use for the "buttons" on the front of the shirt.  The ink colors are explained within the video.

Here is what the inside of the card looks like:
The collar of the shirt card is what holds it shut, but when you pull back the collar, the front portion of the card opens up and I've added some more flowers to the white panels and added a fun Father's Day sentiment to the inside for "Pop" to open.  :)

----------------------------------------------------------
And I decided to not just stop there, but I thought this same stamp set was so versatile that I wanted to create another "not so obvious" design with it, so I made something for Christmas too:
What I did here is make a poinsettia flower with the striped lonely petal from the "Pick One" stamp set along with a leaf image from the same set!  I did steal the sentiment from the other stamp set shown above "Making Holidays Bright" to complete the Christmas theme.

The petals and leaves were stamped on vellum and I've built them up with glue and dimension to make them pop out like a poinsettia flower.  I added a gold glitter enamel dot in the center of it and attached it to my stitched tag.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment was gold embossed on a banner that I made and attached to the tag as well.

For the tag, my mom actually cut me out a brick pattern from her machine because I don't have any brick pattern in my stash.  It work great by the way, mom...  Thanks! :)
I took the stencil, laid it down over my tag and sprayed it with some gold shimmer mist spray.
Then I added some white twine to the top and attached the tag onto my wood-grain embossed card front which is attached to an A2 sized white card base.
-----------------------------------------------


Would you like to know exactly how I made this shirt card with some easy peasy origami folds?
I have a video here below to show you exactly how I did it from start to finish...ENJOY!
(CLICK HERE if you'd like to watch it on YOU TUBE in HD or enlarge on your screen.)


I'm really pleased with the way these projects have turned out!
As you know from some of my past posts, I really enjoy these fun and quirky images and I think they gave me a couple of really awesome and very versatile sets to work with!  I had so much fun with these projects and I hope you like them too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
If you'd like to see more ideas from The Alley Way Stamps and to view my post over there, CLICK HERE to go to their blog.

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my "SHIRT CARD" for:
Crafty Card Makers - Stitching (real or faux)
Hand Stamped Sentiments (HSSCC213) - color combo

Stampin' Royalty - masculine projects

--------------------------------


Challenges I'd like to enter my "CHRISTMAS CARD" for:
City Crafter - add a banner
Aud Sentiments - BINGO! (I used flowers, stamp, embossing)

Winter Wonderland - touch of gold (gold spray mist, gold sparkle enamel dot, gold embossing powder)

50 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Margreet said...

You have made a gorgeous Hawaiian shirt Vicki...thanks for showing the making of on video...your Christmas card is beautiful too.....congrats on being GDT!
xxx Margreet

Jennifer Scull said...

that Hawaiian shirt is just amazing! I don't know that I would be able to do all of those intricate folds like you did. it turned out so neat! congrats on your guest DT position, too! :)

hope your weekend is going well!

SonjaK said...

Congrats to your guest designer spot! Your cards are fabulous. The shirt card is so much fun, and I love the Christmas card too. It's so clever.

Pia S said...

Love that Hawaiian shirt! Fun fold and great job using the flower stamp set to create your own 'fabric'. And using the same set to make a Christmas card shows how versatile this set can be. I've got something to learn about how to use my own stamps, and especially the smaller ones. Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

These are fabulous! I love that Hawaiian shirt, how awesome.

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot!
Both of these are wonderful. Love the way you took the flower petal and made a poinsettia with it. Great cards.
Lynn

Inkyfingers said...

What a delightful pair of cards Vicki! The first one is so creative and thanks for the video tute. The second one is just stunning and I love how you made the poinsettia. Congratulations on your well deserved GDT spot and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Hugs
Carol x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Two great cards Vicki, isn't it amazing how you create two very different cards from the same stamp set. Your poinsettia on the Christmas card is so beautifully delicate.
Thank you so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland challenge.
Lesley

Sarah said...

Wow...these are fabulous, off to make a shirt for Hubby, it's his Birthday tomorrow!! xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Vicki the poinsettia looks stunning and love your shirt card...its so cool!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Vicki.
Such fabulous creations. I love the colourful Hawaiian shirt, a really wonderful design and your Christmas card is gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

laurie said...

What fun cards! That shirt is so cute!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki what a fantastic card fold it looks amazing you are so clever, the Christmas card is simply beautiful, truly wonderful creations.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

I love your shirt card Vicki..that is so clever and so effective and the poinsettia with the woodgrain background is gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Two awesome cards Vicki! I love that fun Hawaiian shirt card, so colorful! AND you poinsettia card is gorgeous! I love how you've stamped it on vellum!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Just fabulous love that shirt you are so clever. The Christmas card is so classy a beautiful design Fab post love and hugs Carole x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the card! Love the tag! Hugs, Lesley

Tammy said...

They picked a great guest designer when they picked you! Congratulations! Love both of your cards and such a clever idea to make a shirt!

NanaConnie said...

This is so cute, Vicki! I'm going to have to come back again and again and do the folding as I'm watching the video. For now, let me just say thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments this time and good luck to you. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Patti J said...

Congratulations, Vicki, on your guest spot...how exciting! Love your first project! Can't wait to see what you do next! Hugs...

Davi said...

Congrats Vicki!! I love love the shirt that is just tooo cool!! The second is Very pretty, I love the flower and woodgrain background :)

Lynn McAuley said...

You have outdone yourself with these two awesome cards, Vicki! Awesome work!

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats and what an honour to be chosen for the whole month and just love your video and your creations are just out of this world..xx.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Karen D. said...

well done....love the card and the little shirt card is so cute too!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely cards!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot-love the Christmas card and brilliant Hawaiian shirt
Carol x

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

Aw that is FABULOUS news Vicki......super exciting and I love those stamps, I think the shirt is so cool and so awesome. Well done my crafty buddy xx

Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

Céline said...

fab cards, thanks for the tutorial :)
hugs
céline

Stella said...

Lovely take on our theme!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Beth said...

Girlfriend that shirt card is just so stinkin cute love it and your stamping on it just put it over the top.....and the Christmas card gorgeous hard to believe same stamps yo used on the shirt.
Hugs!!!

Alanna said...

Wow that shirt card is just too cute and clever. And i love your Christmas card. Congrats on the guest DT spot.

alexandra s.m. said...

Fabulous Vicki! You give me tons of ideas!!
Thank You~

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, both very creative ideas. Love the shirt, remember doing these a long time ago, great idea for Father's Day. And the Christmas card done in this CAS design is beautiful. Love how your mind works!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

These are fabulous makes, my friend. I remember doing the shirt at school many MANY rains ago! Love the vid-tut. The CAS Christmas is lovely!
hugs Asha

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Hi Vicki, congrats on your GD spot with The Alley Way, I love their stamps :) Your cards are fantastic and your christmas card is beautiful, love the poinsettia and the touch of gold. Thanks for sharing this week at Winter Wonderland. Ax

Josephine said...

Lovely cards.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Monika Reeck said...

I adore your TAg and that lovely flower Vicki and your mom so kind to gave you that brick pattern woooww is she also carmaker woow must be nice to craft with your mom..my mom not crafter but she can good sewing me not haha...adorable woodgrain in white too so crisp and so elegant tag Card Vicki the Hawaian Shirt hihi
i remember the time I was 17 or so I made invitation like this with many colorfull papers
it was so bad not like yours so adorable hehe
cute shirt motive and love the colors and the button
cute cute
will see your video tomorrow it will be 23:00 I will go sleep and jump to your new post first
hugs, Monika

Deepti said...

Congratulations on your Guest design, you have worked wonders with their sets :) that shirt card is such a fun creation!

stampinbygenny.com said...

Super cute father's day card! I love the Hawaiian motif for the shirt. So clever and fun! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Sue U said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining with our Real or Faux Stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

Hugs, Sue xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so awesome!!! I love the shirt card, just too cool! And that flower is gorgeous!

brrenwick said...

Love that shirt...and a huge thanks for providing a tutorial! Great way to use the colors! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! Love the Hawaiian shirt, it's perfectly done and I love the vellum flower on the second.

Patricia St Martin said...

Thank you!!! Thank you so much!!! I was going to ask you about the shirt. Love both the cards. Have not watched the one on the shirt yet but I will right after I'm done here. That is so adorable!!!~!
Hugs, Pat♥♥♥

inkedx2 said...

Such a great card. And you gave us a video so we can recreate it, thanks! So glad you joined us this week at HSS.

Sandy How said...

Two fabulous makes! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Jenny Mutter said...

Thank you so much for doing a video on this little shirt. Absolutely adorable. Sharing is what it is all about - thank you so much. I am going to do this in my next stamp classes - they will love it.

VanessaB said...

that shirt is so cute and the merry christmas card is GORGEOUS!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love this fun shirt! I am so going to have to make one!!! Thanks for the fabulous video and attention to details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...