"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, June 29, 2015

Lemon Lime Birthday Smile

Hello friends and happy Monday to ya!
Popping in to share this really simple card that I made from last month's Simon Says Stamp card kit.  Yeah, I'm a bit behind, but I wanted to change that...so here's something citrus for ya:
There's no mistaken that these colors are a wonderful reminder of Summer!  I do love me an ice glass full of lemonade, don't you?!
I believe everything that's on my card today has come from the June 2015 Simon Says Stamp card kit.  (Love that fun smile die in there!)  Of course the new July kit just came in the mail over the weekend and it's a REALLY good one...so I hope to make something with that sometime soon too! :)

I found some really cool citrus type paper in the kit that went so well with my lemonade that is also from the kit.  It's one of those epoxy stickers.  (The two tiny flowers are as well.)
I stamped one of the angled strips from the stamp set in the kit with green ink and then I heat embossed the birthday sentiment with white embossing powder.  I've also stamped the "smile" sentiment over the yellow papers and basically just layered it all together keeping it fun and simple.  I thought this would make a nice Summer birthday wish for someone!

Thanks for popping in today!  Come back tomorrow for another challenge posting!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

I'd like to enter this card for the following:


Fantastic Tuesday - Touch of Summer or ATG
Cardz for Guyz - die or punch
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
SSS Work It Wednesday - Summer Refreshment 

35 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute card! so bright and happy! I'm not typically a fan of epoxy stickers, but you have made them look fun on here.

hope you have a great week!

MiamiKel said...

Now this is very Miami! Pretty sure these colors are the dress code around here ;) beautifully done, love the simplicity of it! ❤️

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Oh Vicki.. your card is fantastic... It looks of summer... a hot summer, with a cool drink.... wonderful.

Wish you a good start in a new week
Hugs Anja

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the bright colors on this cheerful summer birthday design, Vicky! Awesome layout and fabulous die cut sentiment!

Alanna said...

Such a fun cheery card. Love it!

jimlynn said...

This screams summer for sure. Pretty colors and a fun design. Love the Smile die.
Lynn

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this design so much Vicki, love the bright and juicy colours and the summer theme too. Well done x

Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!! and I love the color!!

Sarah said...

Love the citrus colours...it's most definitely summer on a card!! xx

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Vicki, I love the bright summery colours :o)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the bright sunshine colours and wonderful design.
hugs Sue xx

Pollard Carole said...

gorgeous love this stamp and sentiment fab colours its perfect love and hugs Carole x

Becca Cruger said...

I adore this! It is so bright, summery and fun!! The layout is DIVINE!

Diane said...

What a super cute design, love the colors and papers Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 91 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Sue said...

These colors are wonderful and yes they just scream summer. I do love a nice cold glass of lemonade on a warm summer day too. Wonderful design, the smile die is really nice.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

Oh sooooo delicious, Vicki! So perfect for summer!
hugs Asha

julieprice3 said...

Love the bright cheery colours, delightful card
Have a wonderful day xo Julie P

VanessaB said...

love that smile circle. love the card design. love the colors!! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicky, You are so right with the summer colors. Really cute and the design is awesome.
Hugs, Pat♥

Tammy said...

Gorgeous summery card Vicki! I LOVE these colors together and your fabulous design!!
Hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a delightful summer creation! Love the colors and your fabulous design.

Patti J said...

This is so sweet, Vicki! The colors are just delightful, and your wee stickers are too cute! Great job!

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki, this is awesome a real summer feel in our winter here...love the colour tones of this kit.x
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh yes! I do love that "smile" die. So cute. What a fabulous design/layout. LOVE this summery and delicious card.

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

Beth said...

totally love the colors on this card and it sure made me smile, smile, smile, the design is fab and that drink so inviting....great job Vicki.
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely card Vicki it looks very juicy and delicious it makes me thirsty just looking at it and as today is very hot I think I will pop off and make myself a nice cool drink, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card!! So summery, bright and FUN!! You rocked the SSS June Kit, for sure!! ;)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Tammy said...

Super great card using the kit! Love the citrus colors!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love all the layout
the colors
the DP so cutee with that lime
and the SMILE is I love this DIES
and that cute little glass with straw perfecto for this card
Love your happy summer card Vicki
May I ask you would you mind to send me 2 pieces DIE CUT with smile sentiment on this card Vicki..I have seen a lady she use this for a template and sponging the background with this lovely diecut...I want to buy but its only in USA ...if you dont mind to send me 2 pcs in black and white I will be a happy girld in the world...this is really my fav die at the moment hehe..
Hope you dont mind me write here Vicki (I will send you German chocolate as exchange hope you like choco)
biig hugs, Monika

Céline said...

fabulous! love the papers
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Great bright sunny card love the glass og lemonade and great strip of fruit slices paper
Carol x

Miriam Prantner said...

This was such a fun kit, I love the tropical goodness especially that sweet little sticker!

nwilliams6 said...

Very refreshing - love that little drink and the happy colors. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...