"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Looking for Some MOJO on Mondays with Me?

Hello friends!
It's the middle of the first week in June and the weather is starting to warm up nicely! Yay!
I just love Summer and being out and about outside during these months.

Stampin' Up! has recently came out with a new catalog that I've been looking drooling over and of course most everything that I own now is or has been retired for quite some time!  However, I remembered this stamp set that I bought last year that I wanted badly and I see it's available in the new catalog as well!  So yay for me on that one! :)
(And this is the first time that I've actually used it too! - another yay!)
The stamp set that I'm referring to above is called "Flower Shop" and it has a coordinating punch to go with it which I love about it!  Everything on my card with the exception of the white enamel dots and corner chomper are all from Stampin' Up!

So I've decided to pull out some of my older SU! papers (to go with the MOJO sketch below) and make my entire card a Calypso Coral monochromatic design.  I thought that this alphabet flower would work well with the papers.  The card base, printed design papers, ink and ribbon are all in the Calypso Coral color.   I've used circle dies to cut along the bottom edge of the front panel along with a piece of Whisper White card stock which fits my flower that I've popped up with a dimensional.

I've take a greeting from the "Lots of Thanks" (retired) stamp set and embossed it with white embossing powder.  You will notice a light halo around the sentiment which I wanted by taking a sponge dauber and lightly sponging some white ink over top of it.

I added the Calypso Coral ribbon at the top and I've used a corner chomper to get the rounded edges on it.  I then took some fun foam on the back of it to pop it up over the card base.  Finished off the card with some white enamel dots in the center of the flower as well as the top portion of the front panel.

So cruising through my usual challenges this week, I came across the MOJO Monday challenge that I've been following along with for years and noticed that they are having this week's sketch a contest and DT search!  Hard to believe that it's on the 400th sketch!!  Congrats!
So I thought I'd give their DT search a whirl!  Whatta think?  Would you like to see some MOJO on Mondays with me?  :)  Sounds like tons of fun!


I want to thank you so much for stopping in with me today!
I will have another fun post to share with you on Friday...hope to see you here!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
MOJO Monday (MOJO400) - sketch/contest/DT search (CONGRATS on making it to 400!)


Sisters of Craft - anything goes

Clear it Out - Theme: anything goes /  Stash:  You choose


36 comments:

Olga said...

Absolutely stunning my friend!!!!

jimlynn said...

I've got so many SU images I've never used too! Glad you used this one because it's so pretty. Love that beautiful coral color! Very, very pretty and a great card.
Lynn

Margreet said...

Beautiful card Vicki...good luck with the DT call...I will give it a try too!
xxx Margreet

The Crafty Pink Girl said...

Vicki I love this design and think it works so well, beautifully designed with such super colours. The verse is so fitting... well done Vicki x

Hugs
Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

Good luck with the DT call, hope you are successful as your amazingly talented xx

Sarah said...

This is fabulous Vicki. Love the white with the coral and that sentiment is wonderful. I shall have to remember that one xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How beautiful! Love the crisp white accents. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

Shannon McComb said...

Love, love this pretty coral color! Lovely Vicki!!

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki, I love the elegant design and gorgeous colours. the white embossed sentiment looks so effective.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful, classy card Vicki love the colours and design, excellent make.
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Tammy said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Vicki! I love the coral colors and that beautiful flower!
Hugs, Tammy

Beth said...

Oh Vicki this is stunning love that you used that color through out the card...just Beautiful my friend.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Absolutely wonderful card and such pretty colors! Love the layout and great sentiment!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Vicki As always your card is perfection!

Patti J said...

So pretty, Vicki!!! Those colors are a like a ray of sunshine - it's been so dreary here, for weeks! Thanks for cheering me up! Hugs...

Jennifer said...

This is so very sweet! I love the lettered paper and the lovely flower! Perfect sketch for this!

Carol L said...

I still have half a pad of this dsp too, and you may have inspired me to pull it out and use it! I love how you placed that flower in the rounded corner, and the enamel dots are perfect to finish this card!

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous just love this the colour is so special I love the great stamps and design as well all gorgeous today love and hugs Carole x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

this is a gorgeous card! I certainly understand why you wanted the stamp. Makes me want to put it on my wish list!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Vicki love the way you used the sketch that flower in the corner is so striking
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki..great use the sketch and I love the color combo...finger cross that they choose you as new DT....you deserve it my friend...hugs
Monika

Donna said...

Just gorgeous, you nailed that sketch and your colors and everything is fabulous, send me some of your mojo please!!

Donna said...

A really pretty card Vicki, love the warm colour theme and the fab aperture framing the flower...perfect sentiment too! :) Donna ♥ x

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work, Vicki! I love this monochromatic coral design!

Sue said...

Vicki, your card is so pretty. What a great color for summer and Love what you did with the sketch. Good luck with the DT entry, they would be lucky to have you.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

The color is wonderful on this! Super goodies you used and I like your techniques. Fun. Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed creation with gorgeous colour combo...enjoy your weekend...xx

{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Donna K said...

I received my catalog this week and...i haven't even cracked it open yet! I hope to sit and browse this weekend. I love their goodies...I love all stamping goodies...unfortunately for my wallet! Your card is lovely and I can see why you like this sentiment, very elegant and thoughtful. Pretty, pretty!!

Patricia St Martin said...

I read your title and the first thing I thought you have your mojo. Awesome card, great job on the sketch. Love your color choice and using the white embossing power very nice.
Hugs, Pat♥

Pia S said...

Love your take on this sketch, love the colors and it's so decorative and nice and simple at the same time. Great job!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the paper and flower
Carol x

Céline said...

wonderful
hugs
céline

Asha said...

Love the bright colour of tis card. It screams summer!
hugs Asha

Deepti said...

The monochromatic look is fabulous :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so beautiful! I love that you used all of one color on here!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty, forgot to say in above post....I can't wait to hear your good news!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...