"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mr. Handy Man visits Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Hello friends!
Hope you are enjoying your Summer so far!  It's really hot, humid and rainy lately, so I've been trying to stay inside the cool air conditioning! :)

Here to share with you today a new challenge up over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN
For this week's challenge, we are focusing on Mr. Handy Man himself!  Since Father's Day is just around the corner, this would be a good time to focus on those masculine projects!
*They are also having a DT call, so be sure to check that out if you're interested!*

Our sponsor this week is Deedee's Digis!  So be sure to play along for your chance to win a special prize from them!
They have also kindly provided some images for the design team to work with, so here's what I came up with using a fun digital stamp set from their store:
I've used the digital stamp set called "Tool Time".  It is the perfect set to have for any "handy guy" you know or even a nice thank you for that special "Mr. Fix-It"! :)

I tried something with this card that I don't normally do which is merge images together on my computer.  I took this tool box (all the pre-colored images) and then added the tape measure in front of it.  For the oval on the front of the tool box, I added the "Mr. Fix-it" wording so that it fit inside of the oval.  I also took one of the sentiments from the set and added at the bottom and then printed it out on a cream colored piece of card stock.

I rounded the corners of it as well as the red layer behind it and then added some mini silver brads in each corner.  I mounted it on some fun foam and then attached that to a gray card base.

Of course I couldn't help but add some more details to it:
I took my Wink of Stella glitter pen and covered up parts of the metal portions of the tools.  I've also used a glitter pen to go over the screws in the saw, the tool box handle and the "Mr. Fix-it" wording and the small piece of metal on the end of the tape measure.  Lastly, I covered the pliers handles, the screw-driver handle and the tape measure with glossy accents.

I did use my Copic markers to make some shadows around the tool box as well as inside the tool box and some places on the hammer, but not much more than this.

And to finish off the rest of the greeting that's on the front of the card, I wanted to continue it on the inside, so here's what's on the inside of the card:
I mounted the vanilla card stock with the greeting onto a red layer and rounded the corners with my corner chomper on all four sides.  I also printed out a wrench from the digital set, fussy cut it out and attached it to the inside greeting panel which was attached to the inside of the card base.
I keep some blank space so that I could write a personal message.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Can't wait to see your masculine creations!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Crafting for All Seasons - "It's a Boy Thing"
Creative Moments - anything goes/ Man in your life/Father's Day
Creative Corner - Just for Boys
Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C290) - masculine
Come & Get It - For the Guys

42 comments:

Donna said...

Brilliant card Vicki, perfect for a male and with such a snappy sentiment too...it's perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki, such a great image, wonderful colouring and I love the sentiment.
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

I love this Vicki card, so much so I have followed the link and bought the set!! It will be perfect for my Hubby on Sunday!! xx

jimlynn said...

I'm terrible at merging images - but you nailed it with this. SO cute and a wonderful card for a guy! They do love to think they can fix just about anything too.
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo! Getting all fancy with image merging and everything. Before you know it you'll be addicted to it, so watch out! I like the way you added metallic elements in there. Very cool masculine design.

Shannon McComb said...

Oh I love this!! Such a perfect masculine card!! I love the tool images!! You did an awesome job coloring!

VanessaB said...

awesome! i love all the little added extra details. perfect!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant male themed card Vicki great image a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Diane said...

What a fun masculine card design Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh fabulous image and I love the way you colored it up!

Chrissy said...

What a great image and colouring Vicki and I love the sentiment..fabulous masculine card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a super duper masculine card, Vicki!! I love everything about it, especially all the shimmer and shine!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image and love the sentiment
Carol x

laurie said...

Love this image..so perfect for Fathers day! Love the shimmer you added,too!

Patti J said...

What a great man card, Vicki! You're so clever...now why didn't I think of that? Hope your week is going well! Hugs...

Sue said...

What a wonderful guy set. Love what you did with it. Merging the images, beyond me, but love how you did it for the card! Really special, love it, might have to have this set, have a little friend who is 3 and has a tool box he carries around, cute card for his Bday.

Hugs
Sue

Susan (rainy) said...

Perfect masculine card for Father's Day. Wonderful image and fun elements with the glitter pen and glossy accents detailing.

vic said...

Wow Vicki love the masculine card I find these so hard to make but you have a done a fab job!!!!!
Vic xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love your new picture - looks so fun! I need to update mine too. Wonderful card - great guy images and I like how you merged them together. The inside sentiment makes the whole card soooo funny. Well done. Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card for that handy man...will he love it, I think so.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Beth said...

Good morning Vicki love your new profile picture great pose, this is an awesome card for fathers day love the tool kit and the sentiment is perfect great job.
Hugs

Shelly said...

Such a FUN and sweet card, Vicki!

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic use of that toolbox image, Vicki! Love the Wink of Stella. Great dimension.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work on this fabulous tool box! What a fantastic masculine card! Remarkable work, Vicki!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very fun masculine card, Vicki!

Patricia St Martin said...

You did a great job merging all those images and they look wonderful. Perfect guy card and love the Wink a Stella.
Hugs, Pat♥

Monika Reeck said...

Now I want to have this tool time set too
your coloring??? Amaziiiiing Vicki love love love that you have so many grey shade on this images and that yellow with green looks like a real one at the closed up Photo
love love love this
Every man who see this will fall in love I guarantee Vicki
hope you are doing well
Hugs
Monika

Tammy said...

What an awesome masculine card Vicki! I love the fun image and how you've added the sparkle, great inside too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Absolutely wonderful and very clever card! Love all the tools and great coloring!

Davi said...

Super card Vicki!! You did a fabulous job on the coloring of the image, it looks so real!!

Céline said...

fun card, love your coloring
hugs
céline

Jacqueline said...

Nice card. Lovely how the inside match the outside. And the technique you used to make give a vintage look is lovely. I will mis your DT-creations!
Hugs, Jacqueline

Jacqueline said...

Nice card. Lovely how the inside match the outside. And the technique you used to make give a vintage look is lovely. I will mis your DT-creations!
Hugs, Jacqueline

Donna said...

Fabulous masculine card Vickie!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this fun card- the sentiment puts a smile on my face- my hubby would get a kick out of this card : )

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. The sentiment is perfect.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that image and the coloring looks amazing!

Deepti said...

Fun cards, I like th glossy accents and shimmer on the tools :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Vicki! Girl I so love your awesome card. Fantastic details and coloring. Thanks for stopping by because you are always a sweetie.
Huggies!!!!

Bianca said...

What a lovely design! The colors you have used are very beautifull. It´s perfekt for little men :-)
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! Bianca XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...