"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, June 22, 2015

Oh My Stars and Stripes!

Hello friends!
Happy Monday and happy Summer too!
Nothing says "Summer" like July 4th, right?!  Well, since I don't really have a need to make 4th of July cards, I decided to do another patriotic "Any Hero" card to send to OWH.  I really need to get some cards made for that and this helps with the mission! :)

I pulled out some of my fave stuff to play with which is Lawn Fawn of course!
So I thought it would be fun to take the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die set and try to come up with a flag type design.  So I die cut the stitched journal with blue card stock and then took the line of stars die and cut out three rows of stars in the middle of it.
Behind it, I took some silver glimmer paper and then layered it onto a piece of red card stock.  I die cut the banner from the die set and then stamped the sentiment in red from the So Much to Say stamp set from Lawn Fawn.

I also tied some Lawn Fawn Trimmings Silver Sparkle Single Cord around the star panel before I popped it up over the red striped paper.  I thought it needed an extra touch, so I took three of the blue stars from the negative of the die and attached them to the bottom corner of the card.
Simple, patriotic and effective is what I like here! :)

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate you being here!!
Be sure to come back again Tuesday evening for a new challenge post!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Lawnsscaping Challenges - Stars and Stripes


37 comments:

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant card and I just love that die set the stitched edges are just fab love and hugs Carole x

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty

Dr Sonia S V said...

Vicki those stars look so cool
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

LeAnne said...

This is AWESOME! You can never go wrong with red, white & blue, especially when there are glittery stars as well!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these glittery stars, Vicki! What a fabulous card for the 4th!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card and wonderful layout and paper!

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully done, my friend! Love the sparkly stars and the striped paper.

Davi said...

Vicki I really like the diagonal strips and the way you did the glitter behind the stars, really looks super!!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Vicki, very striking :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

KimCreate said...

Beautiful card and take on the challenge!

jimlynn said...

Loving all that wonderful red, white, and blue! Great card Vicki. Very creative and pretty. Love all the stars!
Lynn

VanessaB said...

fantastic! perfect! :)

Shannon McComb said...

Ohh!! Your stars and stripes card is just fantastic!! I love the sparkly stars!

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic patriotic card Vicki love the stars with the sparkle and the stripe paper it is perfect.
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

A super duper patriotic card Vicki...brilliant!! xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very pretty card with fabby sparkle and textures.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a very super card.
Lovely design, and colours.
Would be loved by our U S friends especially for their forthcoming celebrations.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Beth said...

Wow Vicki awesome card like you know use for a fourth of July card but yours is perfect for hero's.
Hugs
Beth

Tammy said...

Another fabulous 'Any Hero' card Vicki!! I love all of the stars and the sparkly background!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Vicki
Carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, I love it.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is great and wonderful.. .love your creation.

Hugs Anja

Patti J said...

What a wonderful hero card, Vicki! Great job, dear friend!

Lozzy T said...

This is a fab card Vicki, great design and love those dies you have used..Hugs Lozzy xx

laurie said...

What a great design! Another fun patriotic card! I just love the vibrant happy feel to your card!

Céline said...

love it, love it, love it !!!!
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card, just love what you created.
Hugs, Pat♥

Samantha Mann said...

oh wow! love this! those stars and stripes are absolute perfection! love them!! what a wonderful thank you card! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

BubblegumPaper said...

So pretty. I love all the die cutting -- it's so perfectly straight!

Monika Reeck said...

If you give me challenge to make a card with stars and stripes I think I will say please change the theme Vicki
I am not good at making some kind of card
and yours is adorable
i love that red white stripes paper so yummy
and the star looks so amazing too
lovely stiched Dies on your blue panel too
great card as always my friend
hugs, Monika

nwilliams6 said...

Great CAS patriotic card Vicki! Love the design. Hugz

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is fantastic. I love the glittery stars.

Asha said...

LOVE this card... the glittery stars are perfect!
hugs Asha

Deepti said...

Fabulous!

Regina said...

Oh, this looks gorgeous!
Regina

Lola said...

Love your patriotic card! This really is such a beautiful layout.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these stars and stripes! What a great use of your dies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...