"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Star Filled Thanks

Hello friends!
Today seems like it's a bit cooler than what it has been, so we were actually able to shut the air off and open the windows today..yay for fresh air!  I would much rather open windows than have the air or heat on...but sometimes it gets unbearable with the changing weather. :)

Since Operation Write Home (OWH) will no longer be taking in cards after August 1st, I really want to make it my mission in the next month to get a few "Any Hero" cards made as well as send in a few other cards (as many as I can anyway!) and hopefully get a box together before the deadline.
(Click the badge to learn more about the "Finish Strong" mission.)

So the card I have to share today is one of my "Any Hero" cards to send:
When I saw a color challenge (see below), I knew that this would be a great time to make one of these type of cards.  It's very patriotic looking when all you need is to add the stars! :)

I've used the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set called Happy Everything.  I've picked out the striped large star in the set as well as the row of stars for my card.  I've also used the Whimsy Shapeology Die Thanks Large Word Die which I die cut out several times in the Real Red and stacked them on top of each other for dimension.

For the background, I've used my Stampin' Up! stars stencil and sponged some stars in the background with my Pool Party ink.  I stamped the larger striped stars over that with some Island Indigo ink.  I stamped the row of stars at the bottom with Whisper White ink.

I rounded one corner of the star panel with my corner chomper and added some Real Red ribbon as well as some gold sequins over the bow and on the corner of my design.  The Pool Party banners I made by cutting my own "fish tails".  I think that the sequins are OK to put on an "Any Hero" card, but I made sure NOT to use any glitter as I know this is not allowed.

So I hope you've enjoyed my patriotic "any hero" card and if you send in cards to OWH, please remember the deadline as they will not accept them after this date and they will be returned!

I want to thank you for stopping by today and I'd like to wish you a lovely day! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

1.  ShowCASe Your Style - sketch


2.  The Paper Players (PP249) - color combo


3.  Just Us Girls - trend week


37 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So pretty Vicki...love the stars and the dimensional thanks
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

stampwithsandy said...

An absolutely gorgeous patrioric creation Vicki! I love how you layered p the stars and that great die cut sentiment. As a Marine mom I thank you for supporting our troops, and thanks for playing along with my color challenge at The Paper Players!

NanaConnie said...

This is terrific, Vicki! Love that sketch and color combo.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this gorgeous patriotic card, Vicki! How beautiful!

jimlynn said...

Wonderful background with all the fun stars. Love the design too. A perfect card for our heroes!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, this is an awesome card and perfect for OWH! Such a cool sketch too! We are always thrilled to have you playing with our PP challenges, Vicki!

Becca Cruger said...

This is a stunner. I love how you've interpreted the sketch!! That star panel is so bright and happy and amazing!

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi Sweeties. This is the perfect Any Hero card and masculine beauty. Love how you use the sketch to bring out the focal point. Have a beautiful day.
Hugs
Berni

Dawn Frost said...

I think its a great any hero card, love the layout and how you did the thanks die!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fab patriotic card! Beautiful work. Great take on the challenges.

stampwithamyk said...

Fantastic card! Love the layout and your sponged stars are awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

What a lovely card!! I love your changes to the sketch to make it yours. Someone will be thrilled to receive this card...thanks for taking care of our troops!! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!!

Nancy said...

LOVE your card!!!! Also, LOVE OWH...way to help out such an important cause...I have sent them a few boxes myself over the years. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls and we hope to see you join us again soon!

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki, I love the design and wonderful colours.
Sue xx

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous creation

Monika Reeck said...

For me the sketch is a bit complicated Vicki but you managed soo lovely I love the bold red sentiment and all the star on your card
Awesome card Vicki
big hugs, Monika

Tammy said...

Fabulous 'Any Hero' card Vicki! I love the colors and your gorgeous background!!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Vicki! Love all the pretty stars and their colors. The red just makes it all pop!

Beth said...

beautifully done Vicki and for such a wonderful cause.
Hugs

Diane said...

Gorgeous papers, layout and design.

Hugs Diane

Patti J said...

Great job, Vicki! You are one very special lady! Hugs...

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend and for such a good cause!
Thank You!!

Penny Odell said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!! Love those layers.

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant card today such a fab design I just loved it. What a great cause sad its finishing its marvellous way to use your spare cards Love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty neat card here Vicki...xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Davi said...

I always love the color combo, it is such a fun happy combo!! Great card, with the fun stars :)

laurie said...

Love your card for the cause!Your background with the tiny stars is so sweet!

Céline said...

really beautiful
hugs
céline

Inkyfingers said...

This is a beautiful card Vicki and so stylish too! Love the bow with the little star on - such a great finishing touch.
Hugs
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

Such a great cause, it broke my heart to see they were closing but glad you are still planning to mail this beauty and others!
It's stunning, as always! Well done!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great mix of colors and stars on this Vicki. Super cards for the OWH finish. You deserve an extra pat on the back and hug for this! Hugz

Shelly Schmidt said...

I used to make a few cards for the soldiers- so sad to hear they are closing at OWH. Bless you for making cards- love this fab card design!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki love the design you have used also the papers a perfect card for such a worthy cause
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

A great card for a great cause love all the stars and dimensional thanks
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. The star background is so fun.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great OWH card! I love the overlapping stars!

VanessaB said...

great card! great take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...