"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, June 21, 2015

TAWS Guest Design Post - Sharing the Weather

Hello friends!
Happy Father's Day to all of those wonderful males out there! :)
I have another fun post to share with you for the second part of my guest design spot over at
If you remember the video on my last TAWS post (CLICK HERE),  I showed you a different stamp set they gave me to play with..so now I'm sharing the second set which is called: 
So of course this looks like a fun stamp set to make some Christmas trees with and fun little doo-dads in there to decorate trees with along with some snowflakes and such.  But if you notice, there are also some other sentiments in there to make something completely different which makes this another really versatile set and more "bang for you buck"!  So I took Christmas off the table with it and came up with a couple of other variations with it:
So for my first card, I thought it would be fun to take that tear drop shaped image and make some colorful "rain drops" falling from a set of gray and white colored clouds.  I took the sentiment from the same stamp set and made a get well  card!

I die cut a cloud from the front white panel and popped it up so that the gray colored card base would show through.  I die cut another cloud and popped it up over top of that.  I added some dotted gray papers along the side and embossed the greeting with white embossing powder over a darker gray banner.

So I stamped the rain drops in various rainbow colors and then I went over them with my Wink of Stella Glitter pen for a bit of shimmer and then I thought the clear sequins would finish it off nice.

So for my second card, I played around with one of the triangular shapes from the set and came up with this:
I really had fun with this one and like how it turned out!
I finally had a chance to pull out the beloved MISTI tool that I had bought a while back, but I kept forgetting to pull it out and actually use it!  Well, now that I have, I can really SEE why people love it!  It was SO easy to line everything up and re-stamp it if I needed to...it lined up everything perfectly!

Perhaps when I play with it just a bit more, I will feel better about getting it! 
All I did for this card was put the "circle" image where I wanted to make my "sun" and lightly drew a circle with my pencil.  From there is where I lined up the triangle image with my MIST tool and stamped it in two different colors to go all the way around the circle.  I stamped the circle image onto a piece of yellow card stock and punched it out with a circle punch and popped it up over the pencil lined circle.  I also die cut a couple of clouds and added those around the circle.

I die cut the "hello" sentiment with black card stock and then I took the "sunshine" sentiment from the stamp set and embossed it with black embossing powder to go underneath the die cut sentiment.

In this photo you can better see all of the yellow stamped images where I covered them with my Wink of Stella glitter pen for some shimmer.

I really love playing around with The Alley Way Stamps and sure had fun being their guest designer this month and sharing how versatile and fun the stamp sets really are!
I hope you've enjoyed my creations with them too!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  Hope you're having a great weekend! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my FIRST card for:
Try Stampin' On Tuesday - Inspired by Rain
Use Your Stuff - Color Me Happy (favorite colors:  rainbow type colors together!)
Sister Act - anything goes
Creative Corner - Bling it Out (sequins, Wink of Stella)

Challenges for my SECOND (sunshine) card:
Little Red Wagon - Stitching (used stitched die cuts)
Aud Sentiments - Summertime sentiment
Moving Along with the Times - Inspired by Song - "I can see clearly now the rain is gone.."


37 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely fun creations Vicki. Loving the rain/sunshine themes of the cards.
Hugs
DesĂ­re
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

jimlynn said...

Great uses for that fun set of stamps! Love both of these Vicki. Delightful and pretty too!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

great cards

MiamiKel said...

Super cards - both so rich in color! I can't believe you've had a misti and weren't using it - wow! I'm salivating every time I hear about one on the blog😄

Margreet said...

Great, fun creations Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this idea with the triangular images- and love the raindrops idea as well. Congrats for the GDT- love these cards : ) Hope you are having a sun-shiney day!

Sue said...

These are fabulous Vicki, wonderful designs and colours. The added sparkle looks fantastic.
hugs Sue xx

Deepti said...

Congratulations on your a guest Design Vicki ! You have created fabulous cards, love them !

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Love, love the rainbow raindrops, very creative!

Shannon McComb said...

Such fun cards Vicki!! I love your colorful raindrops and the color combo on the second card!!
Lovely!:)

Lynn McAuley said...

Fair weather or foul, you've got them covered with these sweet designs, Vicki! Fabulous work!

Linda Beeson said...

Your "sun" idea on your second card is just plain neat!!!

barb hendrickson said...

Hi Vicki!
I just think your card fits the "rain" challenge so perfectly. The different color raindrops are really fun. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try Stampin -Or Not - On Tuesday. Join us again very soon!!

Donna said...

Ace cards Vicky, such bright cheery CAS designs! Love the colours of the rainbow on the first card and the sun burst on the second card is a really cool design! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

I want to tell too the sunshine on the second card is coool idea you are so great using this set my friend
and the first card so cuuteelove the cloud and that grey cloud and love the rainbow water drops
cute polkadots too...so many layers but look CAS
adorable made my friend
hugs, Monika

JanR said...

Absolutely fantastic! I just love it!! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Mary Marin said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! Thanks for playing along with us at Sister Act Maria DT

NanaConnie said...

Very clever, Vicki! Love the raindrops. Would you send some of those our way? We need it so badly. :-D NC

Davi said...

Both cards are very cool, like the way the second creates the feel of spinning!!

Super Stamp Girl said...

Oh what fun colorful raindrops you have created for us, Vicki. But, I also like the alternating rays on your sunshine card too. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday! Crystal

VanessaB said...

love both of these. so fun!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are awesome.....but the raindrops are THE BOMB!

coldwaters2 said...

Two wonderful cards Vicki love them both they will bring joy to anyone who receives them.
hugs
lorraine x

Beth said...

girlfriend I love the way you think...love both of these cards great mind you have there Vicki.
Hugs
Beth

Tammy said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki! I love the colorful raindrops on your first card and the stamped design on your second card is awesome, gorgeous bright colors!!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards love the raindrops and clouds and love the layout and design on the second
carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are both so super cute, I love the rain drops that shimmer, so fabulous.

Patti J said...

Look at you go! My goodness, these are just adorable! Thanks for sharing, and for always being an inspiration!

CĂ©line said...

oh wow fantastic!!!
hugs
céline

Sandi said...

These are amazing!!! I love your rain card...everything about it!!!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday! Hope to see you again soon! xx

nwilliams6 said...

Great cards! Love the colorful rain! Hugz

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are amazing.

Asha said...

FAB duo - sunshine and rain! You're definitely having fun with these stamps!
hugs Asha

Billie A said...

Both cards are wonderful. Love the idea of the get well card, awesome idea. The other card is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
your both cards are simply marvelous!

big hugs Regina

Julie said...

Very creative use of the triangles. The color combo is so cheerful. thanks for joining us in our summer challenge at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Miriam Prantner said...

I love these, the rainbow drops add a sweetness to that first card and great way to stretch your stamps on the second!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...