Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Lawnscaping June Coffee Blog Hop!

Hello friends!!  Happy Friday and welcome!!
So excited to be apart of this awesome blog hop with The Lawnscaping Challenge Blog! Yay!!
What could be better than Lawn Fawn goodies AND coffee?! :)  LOTS of happiness indeed!

So you can't just have a fun blog hop without prizes...right?!  There are LOTS of sponsors for this wonderful blog hop and LOTS of prizes to be won!!  
CHECK OUT ALL OF THE AWESOME SPONSORS:
Lawn FawnEllen HutsonThe Ink Road, Crafters CompanionSpectrum NoirThe Alley Way StampsNewtons NookFaber Castell, and Right at Home!

  So what do you need to do to win something fabulous?
COMMENT!!!  Yes, make sure that you leave a nice comment on ALL of the blogs along the hop!  The blog hop order is listed below in this post.  If you have arrived here from Melissa Bowden's blog, then you are at the right place!  If you haven't started yet...what are you waiting for?  Click the blog hop badge at the top of this post to be taken to the very beginning of the blog hop! (Which is located at The Lawnscaping Challenge Blog)
You will be inspired with creative designs while you are entering to win at the same time! :)

*Please note:  You will have until 11:59 PM (EST) on June 28th to get your comments in!  The winners will be announced on The Lawnscaping Challenge Blog sometime that week after the blog hop is closed.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now let's get to what I've decided to make for this blog hop:
I took some inspiration from the blog hop badge above and decided to make a fun "coffee chalkboard" theme with my design!  Hubby and I always love our coffee, so this is a good card for him!
I've used the adorable Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte stamp set and coordinating dies for my card today!

I took some actual chalkboard paper and embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and then I took the small coffee bean from the stamp set along with the hearts and "steam" from the set and the hearts and stamped those with some white ink.  I "blotted" them to make them look a bit more faded and I also added a "chalk line" around the border of the chalkboard panel.  I then took a sponge dauber to rub over it with white ink in areas to give it more of the "chalkboard" look.

The chalkboard panel was then cut out with the Lawn Cuts Stitched rectangle die and attached to a Kraft card stock layer.  If you notice in the corners of the bottom layer Kraft panel, I took a brown marker and added a diagonal line to make it look like a framed chalkboard.  I also took a a thin strip of Kraft card stock and some foam tape to pop up the bottom portion of the chalkboard to make it look like the coffee cups are sitting on the ledge.

The papers are also from Lawn Fawn, but from an older stack they no longer carry in stock.
This panel was layered onto a black card base which was attached to the front of an A2 sized Kraft card base.  I took some sparkle turquoise ribbon from my stash and wrapped it around the top layer before attaching it to the card base.

For the cute coffee cup couple, I've stamped the coffee cup image twice from the stamp set and then took one of the adorable smiley face images to add to each cup.  They were stamped on white card stock and colored with my Copic markers.  I die cut them out and attached them on the "ledge" of the chalkboard.  For a finishing touch, I took a small heart wooden accent from the Lawn Fawn Hearts Wood Veneer package and glued it in the center of my bow.

This was super FUN to make and I love how it all came together to go with the blog hop theme!  I hope you've enjoyed it too and I thank you for stopping in!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The NEXT stop on the blog hop is CHITRA!*


So in case you might get lost along your way...
Below is the blog hop list order: 

*Begin here*Lawnscaping Challenges *Begin here*
YOU ARE HERE>>>>>>Vicki <<<<<<YOU ARE HERE

If you encounter any errors along the hop, please email Laurel directly at laurelbeard at me dot com. Please do not leave them in the comments.
Thank you so much for hopping along with us!  Have fun and good luck! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my card for:
allsorts - Use a stamp (no digis)

{Cupcake Inspirations} - Mustaches & Men

Use Your Stuff - Wood (wood veneer heart & "chalkboard")

117 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki...love your coffee cup couple!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this adorable chalkboard design, Vicki!! And what a cute coffee couple!

Melissa said...

What a cute card! I love your chalkboard design idea. Your coffee cups are super cute, too!

Maaike Uijthoven said...

so so sweet love the chalkboard

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! What an adorable and clever design. Love this!

Sarah said...

What a fabulous chalkboard design!! Love it!! xx

kristinasartcorner said...

Fabulous chalkboard project.I am impressed.Thanks for the inspiration!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card gorgeous colours as well and fab style.
xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

francesca said...

omg this chalkboard style it's amazing!!! :) beautiful card!! :)

Nina-Marie Trapani said...

love the fun chalkboard behind your coffee cups!

Donna K said...

This coffee lover is crazy about this design! How absolutely FUN. The chalking effect and those sweet cups are fabulous, Vicki. Hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!

Kelly said...

love the chalkboard design and the wee subtle beans in the background!

Donna said...

This is absolutely adorable Vicki!!!

Jessica said...

Wow, this is so fun! Love the chalkboard look, such a great card! :)

Crafty EllenH. said...

Oh that blackboard is so cute!! I love it :)

Hetty said...

Very sweet card.
Love the blackboard look.
Happy Friday!

Beth Fairweather said...

How clever!!! This would make a great teacher gift too!

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Great idea with the chalk board!
Creative regards from stempelfrida

~amy~ said...

I love the chalkboard technique and this is just way too CUTE!!!!! Love all your fun details and that ribbon action!

jimlynn said...

Vicki, this is so cute and fun. Love the chalkboard technique and those tiny little cups. Cute, cute card!
Lynn

Dawn E said...

Awesome chalkboard!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, I"ve been hopping along and what a fun stop to see the chalkboard pop up! Brilliant! I love everything about your card today, from the lovely design to the softness of the hues of blue - and those sweet little coffees! LOVE!!! TFS!

Carisa said...

Absolutely love the chalkboard idea!!! Great card!

Jerrie said...

Your smiling coffee cups make me smile! I'll take a cup of pure happiness along with your card!!

Irene Grau said...

Love the chalkboard look! Cute!

VanessaB said...

that is so sweet and creative!

tiffelijah said...

I love the colors and the fact that it is a cute little chalk board! so great! LOve the mustache!!!!!

KimCreate said...

Get out! The use of the chalkboard theme is brilliant! It's like the sentiment is drawn with chalk! So cute!

Judy Tuck said...

Really cute idea of doing a chalkboard.

Adinda said...

who would have thought chalkboards and coffee would mix. But I love it (especially because I'm a teacher!) Very cute!

Emily Cupely said...

This card is adorable!! Love the board and the coffee cups with their cute faces ♡

Libby said...

I love the chalkboard card! That is so cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, I love it!!!

Deepti said...

This is stunning, the chalkboard with coffee beans stamped on it looks so awesome !

Lola said...

Oh my! this has got to be the cutest chalk board around!

Carol McGregor said...

Your chalkboard idea is great. Love the coffee cups and faces. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Carol McGregor said...

Your chalkboard idea is great. Love the coffee cups and faces. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

I think your card is so pretty and I love the colors ! So cute to have done a chalkboard look !
Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Great idea to use the chalkboard , fun card :)
Kate xx

vic said...

Hi Vicki oohh how can you get any cuter coffee cups these are just adorable!!!!! Love the chalkboard too this card is super sweet and put a smile on my face so thank you!
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Vic xx

SuprFoxDesigns said...

Love the chalkboard look and who doesn't remember needing coffee while at school? Perfect combination!!! Love your card!

Eva said...

I love the blackboard design and coffee cups couple. Your card is very beautiful!!! ;)

Alanna said...

What a fun card. I love the chalkboard.

crafty-stamper said...

Great card love the blackboard effect and great play on words
Carol x

Monica Maier said...

Love the card! I know some that would have loved a card like this for teacher appreciation.

surprise me said...

Chalkboard, awesome. I need to learn to color, I love the blue!

Shannon McComb said...

Oh Vicki!! I LOVE, love , love this!!The chalk board look is just phenomenal and the way you have the beans and you sentiment look like chalk is just amazing!!1 Love your beautifully colored cups and your cute little bow with heart!!! Just lovely!!!

Bad Kitty said...

this is gorgeous

Tammy said...

Wow, wow, wow! Amazing and fun card! Love the chalkboard background!

Nora N. said...

The chalkboard background on this cad is so fun!! Totally adorable card!!

Amy Fillmore said...

Awesome card! I love the chalk board background!!

Tina said...

wow this is amazing...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet coffee cup couple and your fabulous chalkboard design, so fun! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Indy said...

This is so, so loving this! The little latte faces just make me smile! So glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations' Mustaches and Men Challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for playing alone with Cupcake Inspirations!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. The little cups are so cute.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the chalkboard idea. Wonderful creation.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Michelle Lupton said...

Love the chalkboard look!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love everything about it Vicki!
So fun and adorable!!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful latte card, Vicki! Wish I had time to do the entire hop but that's just too many stops so will settle for visiting just you instead. :-D

Regina said...

This is just gorgeous!
Regina

jenniemay16 said...

Love the cute coffee cups and blackboard and chalk backdrop - very very cute xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I am not on the hop but had to stop by and tell you that I love your card the fun image and sentiment it is terrific.
hugs
lorraine x

Isabel Casañas said...

I love the complete card: colours, design and the idea. It's so cute

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant just love those coffee cups love and hugs Carole x

Dragonfly said...

just awesome! it seems as the blackboard is real! great job!

Yolanda Garrido said...

This blackboard is so cute!!! I love how it combines with the paper!!

Sandi said...

oh my goodness...this is just the sweetest! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge this week! xx

Jodie Stoddard said...

I love the chalkboard design. The blue you used was he perfect accent color.

Pilar María Torres Deza said...

its a nice to see your cards!!!! wonderfull blog pop

Céline said...

oh fab card, love the design
hugs
céline

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the use of the blackboard. the layering is great.
thanks for sharing.

Nathalie Paquette said...

The châle bord is a nice idea !

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun and clever card! That chalkboard element is fantastic!

Laura Dovalo said...

Wow, what a perfect card! Love the chalkboard! I can imagine two teachers on their coffee break... Thanks for sharing!

Julie C. said...

Love this card!! The chalkboard effect is just wonderful! Also love the hint of blue colour! Beautiful card! ^_^

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

It for sure turned out great!

Nikosinas E said...

So cute!! :)

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

This is so sweet....love the chalkboard!!! CUTE!!

Chark said...

adorable!

Sue D said...

Very cute with the coffee chalkboard.

kris craft said...

Aww I love the chalk board idea. Great for a teacher

Lorianna said...

Love , Love, LOve
Your coloring is fabulous!!
HUGS

nwilliams6 said...

I love this Vicki! What a great way to showcase the adorable coffee cups - I want some right now and I LOVE your super fun card. Super colors too. Hugz

lenny said...

Very cute card!! love the black board background!!

Beaumonde Designs said...

So cute!! Love the chalk board background! - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

Jennifer Scull said...

what an adorable coffee card! you know I love it! :)

Ruby N said...

oh this is just so clever and cute!

BubblegumPaper said...

Your chalk talents are by far the best I've seen! Thank you for sharing. Now I can't wait to try this on a card! Great job - awesome card!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Just love your card - looks like a real chalkboard. Awesome job! Your hubby will love it, I'm sure.

Kristina B. said...

Love it! The chalkboard is awesome!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great chalkboard themed card for these cute coffee cups.

Taunya Butler said...

What a cute and clever card - love the use of the chalkboard and the wood veneer!! You are very smart to have created and styled this awesome card!!! Way to go!!

Dianchik said...

Gosh, your chalkboard panel is just amazing! Your hubby will definitely love it:) Great design and color combination as well.

Anita in France said...

Such cute little coffee cups, Vicki ... and a brilliant chalkboard ... the subtle beans and steam are fabulous! Anita :)

Michele Smith said...

I love the paper you chose for this cute little chalkboard card! The teal blue ribbon is a brilliant way to bring out the colors in the cups. So cute!! Thanks for sharing msmith 38652 at gmail dot com

Miriam Prantner said...

Adorable! Love that little pair and the doodles you added to the chalkboard!

HelenM said...

adorable

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oh, I just love the chalkboard and those darling little coffee cups!!

Helen said...

A really cute card!

Thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

Helen x

Denise Bryant said...

Cute card! Love the chalkboard look!

Shelly said...

This is super sweet, Vicki! Love it!

irisesther54 said...

Very cute card. I love the chalkboard.

Oreety said...

Such a beautiful card-- I especially love the chalkboard technique, which believe it or not, I've never tried before! A very inspiring card, which I'll be pinning...now! :)

Janis said...

What a great idea to do the chalkboard look. This turned out sooooooo cute!!! Love how you did the beans.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Oh I love it! The blackboard is brilliant!

Sandra Bonagura said...

love the chalkboard look.
fun card.
Sandra ltb

cghundley said...

Oh so lovely and cute!
Great job with the
chalkboard and the
cute cups.
Carla from Utah

laurie said...

This is such a cute card!Love the chalkboard...so fun!

Lysa said...

Love the chalkboard look! Super cute!

Beth said...

Gorgeous card Vicki and I love the chalkboard that is so cool whole card beautifully designed.
Hugs

karrie sweet said...

Your chalkboard card is genius and perfect for the wood challenge at Use Your Stuff, thanks for playing!

Monika Reeck said...

I want to say congrats on being top 3 with this card so so cuutee and Love the chalkboard too Vicki so cute and you made a lovely scene
I adore this sweet and cute card..
hugs my friend
Monika

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhhh! This is so awesome! I love the little mustache on here!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the chalkboard,great coffee cups and love the play on words
Carol x

Asha said...

Ok...i'm starting chronologically now! Sorry for the long absence, my friend.
I am loving the chalkboard look and those cutes LF stamps. MUST have them!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...