"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Addicted to Stamps is Going CAS!

Hello friends!
Popping in to share with you a new challenge this week over at
Addicted to Stamps
The challenge this week is CAS (Clean & Simple)
- meaning more "white" space, limited layers and embellishments. -
I enjoy this style of card making and look forward to seeing what everyone creates!

There are also TWO sponsors for this challenge:
Deedee will offer $15 coupon to the store
AND

Rosey Hearts
Prize is 5 digis from the store


Here's what I've made for the challenge:
This guy just makes me smile!! ;)  The sponsors have kindly donated some images for our team to use and I've used this adorable set called Bugs & Blooms from DeeDee's Digis.

I've chosen to keep this card simple by making a note card.  I've printed out the image and the sentiment together and cut it out with my LF stitched square die and layered that onto a 4 1/4 " square pink note card to match the flower.  The coloring is the only thing that took the longest, but I really enjoy coloring with my Copics.  I've also added some glitter around where the snail might have been slithering underneath his body and I couldn't resist to attach some googly eyes! :)

Hope you've been inspired to create CAS this week and join in the challenge with us!
Thanks so much for popping in!!  I'll be back with more!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + a sentiment
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' - No decorative paper
Shopping Our Stash - "Don't Get Stressed Out, Get DE-Stressed!"
(For me, coloring an image is very relaxing...I love keeping it simple...so this is my favorite way to create a card!  I also love a quick trip outside my back yard when I feel a bit stressed.  The flowers are so pretty to look at and I love to watch the bees, wild-life crawling around outdoors...just makes me STOP and enjoy life a bit more.)  :o)

46 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a fun critters with the googly eyes! Great card!

Pam said...

So sweet! Love googly eyes.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantastic coloring of this adorable of the image. Your clean design is a knockout.

Patti J said...

You always inspire me, dear friend! This card is darling! Totally adore those Google eyes! What a fun image...DeeDee is so talented! Great job, thanks for sharing :-)

Kim said...

This is so sweet and hose buggy eyes are so fun!

Billie A said...

Ha Ha Haaaa I love this card and the eyes really made the right touch to the slimy critter. I am so glad you joined us at Aud Sentiments.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hilarious stamp loving those googly eyes and the slimy glitter ;)

aussie aNNie said...

as I said on Facebook you are rockn these CAS cards, adorable.xxx

Alanna said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest image ever. Great card.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, adorable image and stunning colouring.
hugs Sue xx

Céline said...

so fun! love his eyes
hugs
céline

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card
love the image
hugs

Olga said...

Thatis just too cute.............

Asha said...

Clean, simple and utterly gorgeous!!! Oh those come hither eyes! LOL
hugs Asha

cm said...

Absolutely adorable! Your colouring is sooooo impressive, and adding the googly eyes...oh my! So cute!
~c

Davi said...

Sooo darn cute Vicki!! I love the image and way you colored it! The little shimmer and that sentiment makes me smile :)

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! I love that snail with his googly eyes!!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our De-Stress challenge!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! And the googly eyes! Hahaha - i couldn't stop giggling. Adorable make!

NanaConnie said...

I love this darling snail, Vicki, and love how you colored it! Fantastic google eyes. :-D

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my goodness!! This is stinkin adorable!! The googly eyes=amazing. Love this.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh deearrr this is so so cuuuteeeee
I look your card and smile always by typing this comment :)
tooo cuuutee for words
love that googly eyes too and fantabulous coloring too
hihihi again you made a winner card (congrats on the Lala Land card you won somewhere I forgot but you won my dear friend)
big hugs..Monika

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh so super cute...Especially love the shimmer you added and the cute eyes
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Pia S said...

How cute! Really fun with the googly eyes. Great CAS style.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Awe. This is so sweet and cute! Love the fun addition of the googly eyes! This card really makes me happy! I absolutely love it, Vicki!

Pollard Carole said...

This made me smile as well its fabulous love it Love and hugs Carole x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

Donna said...

So cute, and fabulous coloring, those goggle eyes are so fun!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how CUTE, Vicki! I love your Copic coloring and the sentiment is perfect! Such a fun idea to add googly eyes and sparkle under his tummy...so adorable!

Julie B said...

Gorgeous colouring of this sweet image Vicki. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute!!!! Love the image, your fab coloring, the cheerful feel and that awesome sparkly sand! Fun card!!! Hugz

VanessaB said...

What a wonderful sweet card colored beautifully and those eyes!!? Perfect. Love it :)

alexandra s.m. said...

What an adorable card Vicki! I love it!!

Wedgie said...

Super cute card, love the image and the googly eyes!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the cute image with the googly eyes and sparkly snail trail and the perfect sentiment
Carol x

Tanja said...

your coloring looks amazing and I love those googly eyes

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki, I love that image! Gorgeous coloring and the googly eyes are so cute!!
Hugs, Tammy

Beth said...

Oh my word Vicki this is absolutely adorable that is one darling image and I just love the googlie eyes.
Hugs
Beth

Cass said...

Fab fun card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab, I love it, it's such fun!

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Chana said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

jimlynn said...

LOL! SO fun and cute! LOVING those wonderful googly eyes. He's just precious.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this cute image and love the eyes and the flower. The eyes are the best!

Neets B said...

great work with this digi, Vicki. Your colouring is wonderful and I love the touch of glitter x

coldwaters2 said...

This is just fun, fun, fun that is such a cutie image I love those goggle eyes, lol, fantastic card.
hugs
lorraine x

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE those eyes, lol! Beautiful set of colours and colouring Vicki.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a fun sentiment and I love the eyes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...