"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Flashback Friday - Happy Birthday Harry! + video

Hello friends!!  Yay for Friday!
Are you ready for another Flashback?  Well how about a flashback to Harry Potter?!
Today is actually the birthday of the character of Harry Potter (click his name for information.) as well as the creator of it all J.K. Rowling, the author.
When my boys were grade school age, they loved Harry Potter and I had to take them to see every movie that came out!  They read the books and my younger son wanted to dress up like Harry Potter for every Halloween! LOL!  Of course I enjoyed it right along with them.

So I thought it would only be appropriate to make a fun card in Harry Potter's honor:
This guy isn't exactly the true Harry Potter, but I think he's so cute! :)  I had bought this stamp a few years back when it came out over at Riley & Company.  This guy is called none other than Riley Pottermoose!  LOL!

I've got lots of fun things going on with this card.  Some of which is captured with an "experiment" that I did and I went ahead and included it on my card.  The sentiment comes from Whimsy Stamps  (Party Mini Letter Seals) and was cut out with a circle punch.  I sponged around the edges with some purple ink and I've also added some glitter to it as well.

It was an "after-thought" to add the silver strip line Dazzle stickers to the borders as well as adding some loops behind the sentiment after it was completely finished, but you can see the details of all of this in the video that I've created using a jar of Perfect Pearls by Ranger on my design.

CLICK HERE to see the video on You Tube or in HD:




And here's a SECOND separate video that shows you how I've colored this fun image:
CLICK HERE to view the video on You Tube or in HD:



Here is a closer view of the coloring as well as some details of the shimmer:
Of course it's always so cool looking in person and you can obviously see the shimmery look of the Perfect Pearls as well as all of the sparkle and details.  I've added some glossy accents to his glasses that you can see better in this photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I sure hope that you've enjoyed my card and video and got inspired to try out different ideas in your stamping too! :)  If you'd like to see some more ideas using Perfect Pearls, let me know!  There are so many things you can do with them!

Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1531) - Harry Potter
Alphabet Challenge - "L" is for Lavender 
Little Red Wagon - Things that Fly!
Penny's Paper - use ribbon or twine

30 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

your card is so cute!
love it!
I watch your videos
they are great
hugs ❤

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
wonderful card, and beautiful colouring.
great design as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

aussie aNNie said...

What a star, loved your video and your colouring is awesome....love the 'harry potter' music in the background.xxxx

Shelly said...

Oh, too cute!
Love your coloring and all the little details added!

Natalie said...

super cute! :)

MiamiKel said...

Well you know I just squealed! Lol! Riley looks perfect paired with this purple goodness! He's one of my faves, too, and I love all the little details your card has!! Hugs!!

Donna K said...

What the what!! This is SO fun!

Shannon McComb said...

SO this is the cutest thing ever! That hasty Potter moose is just amazing lol. Love this!!

Regina said...

gorgeous card, absolutely perfect!
sending big hugs
Regina

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki! I love that Riley image and all of the lavender! Also, a big thanks for joining us over at Alphabet challenge blog!
Hugs, Tammy

Margreet said...

Gorgeous, humorous card with your Harry Potter....love his eyes....Your video's are great!
Have a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Vicki..love cute Riley and I really love the purple stripe background you made..great video.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant card Vicki and thanks for the great videos I loved the Harry Potter films as well such fab movies Love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Super cute! Love the purple!

Kim said...

He is so CUTE!!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just tooo cute!!! Harry is one of my faves, too...love the Riley stamp and what great videos!!!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicky.. .your card is fantastic and wonderul - love your coloration.

Hugs Anja

Brenda said...

So cute, Vicki! I love the sparkle perfect for a cute little wizard moose! Thanks for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon!

Céline said...

i looove harry potter, your card is fantastic
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

I think my younger nephews would love a card with this image. And after seeing your video using Perfect Pearls I'm definitely going to add some on my shopping list!! Love how your card turned out!

Susan (rainy) said...

Happy BD, HP! Such a fun card, Vicki. That shimmer really makes it magical!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and love the purple and sparkle -great videos
Carol x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super cute card, Vicki, enjoy the rest of the weekend, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Asha said...

Oh this is just beyond adorable, Vicki! And thanks for the video...I so love watching your vids.
hugs Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks for the videos enjoyed both of them. Wonderful job on your card and love your card and how nice to make a birthday card in honor of Harry Potter's.
Hugs, Pat♥

Lynn McAuley said...

Absolutely awesome, Vicki! Thanks for sharing this delightful HP inspired design with the CCEE Stampers to celebrate his birthday with us this week!

Amy Cohen said...

What a cute image- love all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Monika Reeck said...

hi hi hi this guy is realllyyy cuuutee
Harry Potter not the Harry but the critter hihihi makes me smile Vicki
and clever use that purple our fav color on your card..lovely Bday sentiment in circle too
SWEET cute purple Card Vicki
I love this
hugs, Monika

Jessi Fogan said...

One of my favourite things I've introduced my kids to! This is so shimmery and perfect for Harry's birthday :)

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...