"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 13, 2015

Inspirational Monday GDT for La-La Land Crafts!

Hello friends!
Well Summer is upon us and the heat has come full swing this week!
So since it's scorching outside, what a great day for inspiration, right?!

Today is another fun Monday full of inspiration over at the
  La-La Land Crafts blog!
Today our inspiration takes you pretty much anywhere you want to go with it...so how about an
"ANYTHING GOES" inspiration!  Do please hop on over to see what the other very talented ladies have made to inspire you as well!! :)

Here's what I've made for my project:
Now how adorable is this pretty pink party girl?!
This cutie is Paper Doll Marci-Birthday (with sentiments) stamp and I really enjoyed coloring her pink dress and fun party hat!! :)  The row of candles were stamped several times to achieve the row of candles in front of her!  The sentiment is just the sweetest, right?! :) (The candles and sentiment are both included within the set!)

So for my "anything goes" project, I thought it would be so much fun to make this birthday themed Flat Backed Treat Box!  (My long-time blog friend Patti came up with this tutorial and you can CLICK HERE to see the tutorial on SCS to see how to make one for yourself!)  I added some layers of color to it, but the main box portion is Kraft card stock.    The row of candles are folded at the bottom so that they would pop up at the front of the box.  Of couse it's hard to see in the photo, but the flames are glittery and the candles are all covered with glossy accents.

I've rounded the corners at the top and I've added some lace, seam binding ribbon and silver twine to hold a birthday candle in place.  I've fussy cut "Paper Doll Marci" and popped her up over the ribbons with some foam tape.  You can probably see those teeny tiny glittery heart sequins that I've glued all over in certain spots on the box design.  I thought it added a fun sparkly element to it.
So here's a closer view of the candles and sparkle:
As you can now clearly see, the shine on the candles from the glossy accents as well as the glitter in the flames and you can also now catch all of the sparkle from the heart-shaped sequins that I've randomly glued to the project.  If you take a look at her cheek, you will also see that I've covered her heart with Wink of Stella glitter and then glossy accents over that.  I even glued some heart sequins to the birthday candle with the ribbons! :)

And of course, it wouldn't be any fun if I just left the box empty, right?!  So here's what's inside:
I think this box is the perfect shape to add some chap stick, or more birthday candles or even some yummy candy if you want! :)  I chose to go with some fun "Cake Batter" chap stick for this fun birthday theme project!  This box can be opened at either end and I think it's fun because it's like a stand-up birthday card with an added bonus of being a present too! :)

So I hope you've enjoyed my "anything goes" inspiration today and I hope that I've inspired you to go create something fun as well!   Thanks for joining me and enjoy your day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Clear It Out - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Girlie!
Fab 'N' Funky - Inspired by Song - "It's my Party & I'll Cry if I Want To..."
Little Red Wagon - Birthday
Cute Card Thursday - Ladies Only


38 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very prety!
love it!
have a nice day
hugs

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Oooh. This is ADORABLE, Vicki! So sweet!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love that treat box idea and am so glad you included the tutorial, Vicki! Great idea for stamping the candles and the sentiment is wonderful. :-D

Lynn McAuley said...

How precious is this! Delightful work, Vicki!

Becca Cruger said...

Adorable AND clever! How cute is this?!?! Love the little lacy accents and I'm in awe of just how much work must have gone into this!

alexandra s.m. said...

Another fabulous idea! I just love it Vicki!!
super cute and fancy!

jimlynn said...

I've never seen a little treat box like this, but it's so pretty and fun. Love the row of candles and that cute little gal. Great coloring too.
Lynn

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my!! This is perfect! What an amazing idea first of all anbd secon your coloring is stunning and love that you used a candle on it!! Amazing!!:)

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh dear Vicki
she is soo soo cuuteeee
love that all ribbon and the lace is perfect for her
the stand candles is adorable and so shiny and so bling2
and the extra gift inside? A clever CARD and box together
LOVE THIS
hugs, Monika (see you around my sweet friend...today no one visit my blog I guess hihi it is so empty :) )

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a fabulous design, sweet image and beautiful colouring.
hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

What a super design Vicki and love the sweet little girl with her glossy and sparkly candles...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant I firstly want to say well done you on your GDT post. The card is fabulous just loving this sweet image and your fab colours and what a great idea just love the box and candles love and hugs Carole x

Donna said...

This is the sweetest creation Vicki, love the scrummy ice cream colours and adorable little image...she's perfectly coloured! Uber cool too that this has a lip balm gift inside, such a wonderful gift idea! :) Donna ♥ x

Tammy said...

Fabulous way to give a little gift and my goodness, the candles look like they are lit! Great coloring too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image and so pretty the way you colored her. I love the cute treat box- very neat. Fun gift- and I love the bow with the added candle in it! I am back from our road trips and spending the day trying to play 'catch up'!

Patti J said...

Awwww.....absolutely adorable, my friend! Love your coloring, as always, and I love that you're guesting for La La Land! How cool is that? I need to use some of my La La stamps! Thanks for the shoutout! Hugs...

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME love it and love the candles. I saw a similar one in the silhouette shop yesterday.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Lisa Mensing said...

Too much cuteness! Thanks for sharing this week at Clear It Out’s Anything Goes Challenge.
Lisa DT
The Crafting Cave

Heather said...

This is just adorable. I really like the added treat box and row of candles. Thanks for sharing with us to Little Red Wagon this week.

Heather said...

This is just adorable. I really like the added treat box and row of candles. Thanks for sharing with us to Little Red Wagon this week.

Davi said...

TOOOO cute Vicki, I love the little card, gift box combo :)

Donna K said...

I can't think of a sweeter card! How fun is that sentiment and all those candles! I love how you shaded her hair too. This is wonderful, Vicki!

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous girlie creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Céline said...

i totally love that project !!! colors, image, design, everything
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Love the trims and the sparkle, great images!

Pia S said...

What a fun design, kind of take 2, pay for 1! Brilliant card with box! Nice sparkle on the candles and I'm so impressed by how well you colored her hair.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is so cool, beautiful image of Marci and how lovely to have a little surprise gift, brilliant project, thank you for joining the challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
hugs
lorraine x

laurie said...

What a fun gift! It's such a cute project, and sounds like fun to make. Your image is adorable, what a sweetie!

crafty-stamper said...

Great project and love the cute image and all the candles-the cake batter chapstick sounds quite yummy I use chapstick all the time
Carol x

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki!! I love that super sweet image and your gorgeous soft colors! Fabulous little gift idea... I need some Cake Batter Chap Stick it sounds delicious! :)
Big Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning! And that sparkle! Thanks for the link to the instructions.

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautifully done Vicki... you are amazing!

Sue said...

She is adorable, the candles look great and what a nice little gift this makes. Coloring is awesome, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

I want to make one of these - how fun is that!!!! Love the surprise and the images and coloring are fabulous. Super duper fun Vicki! Hugz

Deepti said...

Awww so adorable, love ur coloring skills !

Asha said...

Oh my!!!! What a fabulous birthday gift idea. So much sparkle... but the real treat is the cake batter Chap Stick. How very thoughtful! :D
hugs Asha

Beth said...

gorgeous Vicki and such a cute gift box.
Hugs
Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...