"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's a Penguin. That is All.

Hello friends!
It's mid-Summer here and just plain HOT!  So I was supposed to run some errands today...but nah!
I felt like making this card instead! :)

This guy looks like he's missing his friend on the beach..or in my case, in the backyard with a kiddie pool!!  LOL!  I think he needs to watch it before he gets hit in the head!!
So, I just had to pull out this sweet and fun penguin set from My Favorite Things called Penguins in Paradise.  I've also used the Stitched circles dies and the grassy fields border die to complete it along with the yummy colors from the MFT color challenge going on!  (See challenge photo below post.)  I made it quite simple as this is what I "saw" when looking at the MFT sketch today.

And here is a closer view of the glossy accents I've added to the beach ball and inner tube the penguin has on:
I just love the expression on this guy's face!  Poor thing!  Someone get him a friend to play along in his kiddie pool!! :)

So what things are you enjoying while it's hot right now?
I need some ice and a cool drink right now!  Whew!  Thanks for taking the time to stop in!!
Be sure to come see me on Friday!  It'll be fun! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here's what I'd like to enter this guy for:
My Favorite Things - color challenge (yummy colors!)

My Favorite Things - sketch challenge

Tuesday Throwdown - Summer Fun

31 comments:

Sarah said...

What an adorable little chap!! You have done an amazing job Vicki and I don't blame you for choosing crafting over errands!! xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Isn't he adorable. Love your coloring and overall design.

Olga said...

Super cute!!

Bad Kitty said...

this is super cute!
I told my hubby that I want pinguin!
he say to me what??? LOL

big hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute little penguin and glossy accents -he wouldn't have to look for water here had almost non-stop rain for the last three days -Summer? roll on Winter lol
Carol x

Shannon McComb said...

The bright pink of your card totally caught my eye!! I adore bright pink! This is oh so lovely!! Love your penguin! You did an amazing job coloring!!

MiamiKel said...

SUPER sweet, Vicki! What a cutie he is, and I know how much you love penguins :) Beautifully paired with the pink and greens ~ wonderful job!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! I'm really lovin' this one! You are pure genius, using the beach ball in both white and colors! Great card!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful colors to work with and the little penguin is so cute.

Hugs
sue

VanessaB said...

Awww. So adorable

Sue said...

I love this Vicki! The penguin is adorable, the colours are wonderful and your design is fantastic.
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

A Penguin, LOVE it as well, not seen a penguin cross your blog for a while my friend.xxxcx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, oh Vicki he is a little cutie and he definitely looks like he is looking for something, great zingy colours, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

He's great what a brilliant design love him so much I also love that stitched die its looks fab perfect card Its certainly not hot in the UK can you send some heat please !! Love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Such an adorable penguin and I love her inner tube! Great movement with the beach balls!

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous work with both the sketch and the colors, my friend! I'd be hitting the beach (or kiddie pool), too, if I had a choice. Anything to cool off in this hot weather.

CaroleAnn said...

I know you love penguins and he is just so adorable and he does look lonely - perhaps there is another penguin throwing that beach ball at him!! LOL They can be playful! Love the colors of this card and the glossy accents are perfect! Hugs

Pat (mspfd) said...

love, love love this! Brilliant design and colors. Awesome, fun card, Vicki!

Pia S said...

Sooo cute! Love the bright colors and the strip of grass and the ball to make up the layout of the sketch. So sweet and fun!

Donna K said...

Oh MY I love this...simple and oh so sweet! that is all. xx Donna K

Becca Cruger said...

This card just makes me grin. :) <-- see? A penguin wearing a floatie? Yes, please! Love the bright summery colors you chose, too. Sorry I've been silent for a bit. I'm just getting back from a 5-day camping trip!

Regina said...

Vicki, your little penguin is so cute! That card is sure to make anyone smile.
hugs Regina

Tammy said...

Oh what a cutie Vicki! I love that penguin and your gorgeous color combo! Enjoy your weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly said...

Aww...too cute! Love that little penguin!

Monika Reeck said...

this card is really VICKI
I know you love penguin and I knoe you like to use that glossy accent
really make the ball so shiny so lovely Vicki and the color combo oh so sweeeettt
I adore this cutie pie card
your penguin colored adorably..
hugs and happy weekend Vicki
Monika

Céline said...

so cute
hugs
céline

Asha said...

Now that is just too adorable. Will he be able to squeeze out? LOL.
hugs Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

Love all the glossy accents! Love the color choice and the added white balls on the top of the paper. The penguin is so sad and he needs a friend but he is adorable.
Hugs, Pat♥

Indy said...

Too cute! These colors are gorgeous and your take on them is fabulous!!

Jessi Fogan said...

SO FREAKING CUTE!! ACK! his little cheeks! I love the beach balls in the background - it gives the coloured one that amazing sense of movement.

Jill said...

Oh my word--this penguin and his floaty get me EVERY time! Such a fun little scene--the beach ball "going to hit him in the head"--Ha!! So fun with the glossy accent touch.
Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge Vicky! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...