"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

La-La Land Crafts is Going Monochromatic!

Hello friends!
Hope you had a great weekend!  I'm here to share some more inspiration with you from
La-La Land Crafts!

Today is another Inspirational Monday over at the La-La Land Crafts blog!
This week it's all about "Monochromatic"
Be sure to check out the blog for more inspiration from the rest of the team!

Here's what I've made for my monochromatic design:
This time I've used this adorable Bumble Bee Marci as I thought she would be a great image for a monochromatic yellow idea! :)  I've kept the card to an A2 standard size this time and everything here will be able to lay flat nicely in the envelope when I send it along! :)

I've used the sun from the Stitched Sun and Clouds die to tuck behind the image panel as if the yellow sun is trying to peek through.  I've also used the fun Stitched Zigzags dies to make a fun border behind the image panel too.  I think they look great stacked together in different colors.  I've also used this adorable Build-a-Bee die for my bee accent next to Marci!  I've die cut the wing portions from the die with vellum and then glued them on the bee and curled it up a bit to give it some dimension.  I've also went over the wings with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen for some shimmer.  (Of course it's so hard to photograph this!)

I found the perfect "bee" papers to use for my background and matched up the colors with it.  The papers and colors are from Stampin' Up! in the "Hello Honey" color.
Here's a closer look at some of the details that's hard to capture:
I've used some fine clear glitter on her wings.  As mentioned above, I've used the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen on the bumble-bee wings.  I've also used it on the bottom portion of her dress and at the ends of her antennas.  I've also taken a white gel pen and added some dots around it as well.  Still hard to see unless you are holding the card up close and personal as you turn it...the whole thing is so sparkly! :)  Of course the added clear sequins helps with that as well!

Hope you've gotten inspired with my creation today!  I'm so glad you've stopped by!
See you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Things with Wings
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Sister Act - anything goes

36 comments:

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous what stunning colours and lovely design She is delightful a fabulous card today Love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

so lalala cute and love the mono colours..xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG so adorable, love the glitter wings and the fabulous background paper!

Shelly said...

Oh, too CUTE!

Shannon McComb said...

Love the monochromatic look!! & the way you colored your bumblebee girl is just lovely! Adorable card!!

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card
have a nice day
hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh you have really rocked the monochromatic Vicki...love the shimmering girl bee and love the way you used the faux stitched elements!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sarah said...

She is fantastic Vicki and what perfect papers too, love the twinkly wings xx

Tammy said...

This is sooo sweet Vicki! I love that adorable image and all of the yellow, fabulous sparkle too... boy, do I want that build a bee die now- it's so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Regina said...

what an adorable little fairy. Love how you have colored and the glittery wingst is perfect!
wish a wonderful week and hugs
Regina

Pia S said...

Love how everything on this card fits the bee theme, even the chevron border with the way you combined the colors. Absolutely darling!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. such a sweet image, stunning colouring and I love all the pretty sparkle.
hugs Sue xx

Kim said...

She is adorable! Love the prints and bits of distressing you did :-)

Monika Reeck said...

ayyy she is so cuutee
and all yellow around here is great idea my friend
the bee paper is so cuuutee and I love the bee DIES really sweet
nice color combo too Vicki
I adore this cutie pie card
now it is 23:29 I will go sleep hihi hard job just commenting at ATSM and the other challenge where I am DT
hugs, Monika

Tammy said...

Goodness, what a sweet bumble bee! Pretty card Vicki!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That image is soo cute and I love the paper.

Céline said...

this card is fantastic !!!
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

I love everything about this one, Vicki! The glittery wings are fantastic and I'm glad you did the close up for us. Wonderful background dp and great color combo.

alexandra s.m. said...

HOw adorable Vicki!
Love your card ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Vicki this is so beautiful I love, love that image with her sparkly wings, the colours and design are superb, a little smasher.
hugs
lorraine x

Dawn Frost said...

I love the bees wings and her wings, so sweet! Great monochromatic colour and card!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, She is just adorable, love the Monochromatic colors. Love your papers and the zigzag die along with the build a bee die make it so cute and we can not forget about all the sparkle.
Hugs, Pat♥

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Adorable monochromatic card! Those glitter wings are fabulous! And the bee... how fun is his wings too! I absolutely love your card! So much fun!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful image and love the sparkle and fabulous bee B, paper
Carol x

Diane said...

Really gorgeous Vicki, love the little glitter wings.

Hugs Daine

MiamiKel said...

How darling this is, Vicki! What a gorgeously detailed and BEE-tufiul card - so full of glitz and shimmery goodness! What fun paper to add to your card, too! Lovely work - as always!! Inky hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful coloring and the yellow is sooooo cheerful and sweet. Love how you did the wings. Darling card Vicki. Hugz

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful coloring! Great paper choices too, this is such a sunny summery card!

Sue said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Vicki, Love the yellow tones you chose and the bee background paper is perfect. Beautifully colored too! So sweet.

Hugs
Sue



VanessaB said...

Aw. Super sweet

Norma said...

Oh, so cute, Vicki. Beautifully coloured. Love the glitter on the wings. Perfect choice of designer paper. Love the chevron/zigzag diecuts.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a bee-utiful creation. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar. Good luck.
Lynn, BSCB DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sweet card. Everything works beautifully together.

Asha said...

WOWZER!!! The yellow is fabulous. Not my fave colour but I'm loving it on this card. So bright and happy. AWESOME colouring, my friend!
xxx Asha

Jessi Fogan said...

What a perfectly coordinated card! That bee die, the chevron dies, the beautiful yellow scheme...love it! And her sparkly wings!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...