"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Let's CHILL!

Hello friends!  Welcome to July!
Finally the rain has stopped for the time being and the sun is out! Yay!
Hope to enjoy time with hubby while we can get out!   I do hope you are experiencing good weather wherever you're at.

Although I try not to use the same ol' type of image on my designs all the time, I do like it when I find something new that I can add to my already beloved collection that I don't want to part with!  I have a small LARGE collection of penguin stamps...I can't resist every time I see one! :)  So of course when My Favorite Things came out with their version of a penguin set...yep...HAD to have it!!  I couldn't wait to play with it...you'll be seeing more of course!
Although this is only a partial penguin....how cute is he?! LOL!!  I'd chill with him any time! :)
The stamps I've used come from the MFT Penguins in Paradise.  I was trying to follow along with a sketch and thought it would be cute to put a penguin peeping through one of the circles.

So I've used a circle Stax die to cut out the three circles in the Blu Raspberry panel.  I layered it onto a piece of Persimmon and popped it up with foam tape over top of the images that I colored in with my Copics.  I added some stitch lines around the circles with a white gel pen.  The banner was die cut out with the Banner Stax from some Lemon Chiffon card stock and I embossed it with a large dotted embossing folder.  Lastly, I added some twine and a matching button to it and added the sentiment with the Persimmon ink in the corner.  The card base is an A2 sized Sweet Tooth colored card stock.

So I hope you've enjoyed chillin' out with me and my penguin buddy for a moment!
Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to add this card for:
Sweet Sunday Sketch


My Favorite Things color Challenges:


The Pink Elephant - anything goes

40 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Loved the window idea Vicki...I have a special liking for aperture cards and yours is gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card
cute image

Davi said...

Great colors and love the way you framed the little image, very fun :)

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki! I love the fabulous circle design and your cute little images!! Perfect summer card!
Hugs, Tammy

jimlynn said...

I just got this stamp set the other day and haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your cute card and the three cut-outs. Precious and pretty.
Lynn

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

This is adorable! Love the windows frame. I am the same way with pandas! I don't know why I need so many. They're all almost the same, but I just gotta have them in my collection. Lol!

VanessaB said...

tooooo cute for words! love this!

Sarah said...

Yep definitely a cute penguin to give Happy Feet a run for his money!! Love the layout too xx

Inkyfingers said...

Such a cute card Vicki and a great take on the sketch! You penguin is adorable and I love the sentiment - we could do with chilling in this heat!
Hugs
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant take on the sketch,love the little images in the apertures
Carol x

Diane said...

Just darling Vicki, wonderful take on the sketch.

Hugs Diane

Tammy said...

Super cute! Great card for summer!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, you rocked the challenges with the cutest images and design! Great use of the colors and I loved the fresh, clean look.

Alanna said...

What a great card. I love the little penguin peeking out.

Desire Fourie said...

This is so cool Vicki. Loving the cute penguin and its a great take on the sketch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation, fabulous sketch and window idea and love the gorgeous images and colours used. Have a great weekend..xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning design your penguins is so cute I love penguins as well Love and hugs Carole x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is absolutely gorgeous I love how you have the images showing from the apertures that looks really effective, the faux stitching, the embossed panel and twine are the perfect touch, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

This is gorgeous Vicki...love how the creatures are peeping through the 'window'.
Thanks for your friendly visits. Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, but at the moment I'm on holidays in Switzerland and I have no internet everywhere.
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this sweet penguin and his tropical refreshment!! Too, too cute, Vicki!

NanaConnie said...

Too cute and what a fabulous take on the sketch, Vicki! Love the little penguin. ;-D

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely wonderful ! So fresh and vibrant! I've been seeing this sketch all over blogland and yours is by far one of the cutest! Great job, Vicki!

Patti J said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Vicki! Oh my goodness, I'm smiling all over my face - what a darling creation! Thanks for sharing and always being an inspiration to me!!!

Beth said...

Love the windows and that penguin peeking out how stinkin cute is that great colors and take on the sketch, Vicki...
Hugs
Beth

Kamila R. said...

What a super cute card Vicki!! I love the window idea and the cute penguin! Your colouring is so great! Thank you for visiting my blog and for the warm welcome to the ATSM team :))

Céline said...

really original !! love the colors
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

I just adore these penguins and this card is so cute! Love it!

Shannon McComb said...

Love this Vicki! That sweet penguin poking out is fantastic!!

Pia S said...

Sorry I haven't been around for some weeks, I've been busy enjoying my holidays:) but now I'm back to more normal routines.
My collection of penguins is very limited, due to the fact I think they're tricky to color, I've never got the grip of using black Promaker and shading, but you certainly know how to color these lovely creatures. Such a cute version of the sketch!

Donna said...

Adorable image and showcased so beautifully!

Monika Reeck said...

ooh my GOD
this is super duper cuuuteeee
love the windows idea
love that cute image
love that lovely flower too and great using the sketch
Vicki I am sure the recipient will smile big this is the cutest card I have seen today
hugs
Monika
PS: I hope you are doing well cause I did not see on my last post Vicki

bumblebee creations said...

Love this card, Vicky!!! Love the sketch too!!

nwilliams6 said...

Totally adorable!!! Fun sketch and cute images!! Hugz

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki! Fab circular apertures and such adorable images peeking through...the little penguin...he's soooooo sweet! Fab sentiment too, just what we need to cool us down in this heat! :) Donna ♥ x

Deepti said...

So adorable :) I love the window panel !

Sue said...

Awww, sweet design and stamps! Adorable card, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, love how you used this sketch.

Jacqueline said...

This card is so cute! I love those pinguins and the design of this card is marvelous! Hugs, Jacqueline

Asha said...

Do I need penguins in my collection... Yes I do. And I blame you for that! :) Love this window idea... too stinkin' cute!
hugs, Asha

Lola said...

You really do have great CAS style. Wonderful layout for your adorable penguin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...