"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sail Away With Me to Cupcake Inspirations!

Hello friends!
So excited to be sharing with you a special post today!
I have been asked by the lovely ladies over at {Cupcake Inspirations} if I would like to join with them this week as their....
How cool is this?!  I had actually just found their challenge blog as of last year and just fell in love with the concept of their challenges!  They have a wonderful mesh of inspirational cupcake photos and a fun challenge theme idea to go along with it!  The photos are phenomenal too!  And who doesn't love a good cupcake, right?!!  So I'm honored to have been asked! :)

For this challenge, here is the wonderful photo and theme to play along with:
I think this color combo is as delicious as the cupcakes in the photo!!

So for my project, I was really inspired by the Navy stripes and the sparkly gold hearts in the photo.  The first thought in my mind was pulling out my recent July Simon Says Stamp card kit!  I'm glad I got the chance to play with it too! Here's my design:
I took a white folding card base and trimmed a piece of the striped navy paper from the kit slightly smaller than the base and then cut it half diagonally across.  I attached a strip of gold glitter paper and attached it across the striped paper.  The sentiment was stamped with SU! Night of Navy ink and then I stamped the sail boat and wave border on a separate piece of card stock and colored them in with my Copic markers.

I sponged a bit of SU! Whisper White ink with my sponge dauber behind the sail boat area before I attached it because I didn't want the boat to look "lost" within the striped paper. I thought it brought another element of "dreaminess" to the design. :)
I then fussy cut out the sail boat and the wave and attached the boat and then popped up the cut out wave border with foam tape and placed it over the bottom of the boat.

The hearts were die cut out of the same gold glitter paper from my Lawn Fawn Hearts dies and I attached them around the sail boat and one by the sentiment.

Here's a closer view at some of that gold sparkle:
You can get a better look at the sail boat's coloring where I've used my gold gel pen to color in the pole and flag.  I've also taken some gold Stickles glitter glue and covered it so that it matched the papers that I've used in the design.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)  I hope that I've inspired you to join along in the challenge with us!  Can't wait to see what you come up with using this photo and color combo!!
Be sure to check out the challenge blog for additional inspiration!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
CAS-ology - Line

Simon Says Stamp "Work-It Wednesday" - die cutting (hearts)
Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle & Shine
Stampin' Royalty - Keep it Simple


40 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
my word this a stunner of a card.
Your work is excellent.
Love the fab theme of this, and your design.
Congrats on your news.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Congratulations Vicki!
Your card is stunning, such a great interpretation of the photo. A fantastic design and I love the gold sparkle.
hugs Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

congrats being a suprise sweetie-nd love the CAS card perfect for the inspiration,love the boat and waves and gold accents

carol x

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful card
hugs

Aileen (mum) said...

Vickie, this card is not just beautiful its stunning. I have the kit sitting and waiting for inspiration. I hope you dont mind if I CASE it, please dont mind. Its such a beautiful card.

*Vicki* said...

Hello Alieen (mum)! :) I don't mind at all if you want to CASE this card! I'm very honored! Thanks so much!! :)

Margreet said...

Awesome card Vicki....love it!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

o my! this is gorgeous!

hope you're staying cool!

hugs :)

Donna said...

Fantastic card Vicki, love the bold design and the glitter and sparkle too! A really clever design based on the photo inspiration...you rock! :) Donna ♥ x

Pollard Carole said...

Well done you on your surprise sweetie spot. your design is just perfect you've interpretted that photo perfectly a wonderful card love and hugs Caorle x

Skye said...

Fabulous card. Great design. I love the strong bold colours

Monika Reeck said...

that photo is phenomenal
and your card too love that blue white strip so striking
that heart and gold strip is perfecto
love the image too
great nautical card
Miss your visit Vickie
Hope you are not sick..only so busy...
my son was 23 July 11 years old today we go to cinema with his friends look at Minions film so funny and just arrove at home and visiting my blog land friends blog you are the first hehehe :)

hugs Monika

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute!

Ardyth said...

Great combination of these challenges! Lines are perfect for nautical cards! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Pia S said...

Wowzers!! I love nautical cards, and this one is nothing but stunning! What a clever and decorative layout and I love the effect of the striped paper, but there's still lots of white space for it to be beautifully clean and simple.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is beautiful I love the clean crisp colours of the blue and white that sentiment is ACE I love the gold ribbon and the little sail boat, excellent creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Jenna said...

Wonderful card, Vicki!!!

Chrissy said...

Stunning Vicki..love the navy and white stripes with the gold trim and hearts and little boat and waves..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Absolutely amazing card! Love everything about it!

Dawn Frost said...

Cool I love the stripes and gold, very nice!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this awesome nautical design, Vicki! It's beautiful!

aussie aNNie said...

Loving the nautical card Vicki, it's awesome...as always you inspire.xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh wow, what a fabulous card!!! LOVE the colors and the design! Just gorgeous!

Sandi said...

Love the glitter gold hearts! This card is stunning! xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I love the CAS design and all of the gold touches! Congrats on your guest spot too!
Hugs, Tammy

Regina said...


Vicki, your card is adorable! I love the maritime style!
hugs Regina

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is fabulous. I love the layout.

jenn shurkus said...

i love this!!! what a great color combo :) and i love what you did with the july card kit!! thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Céline said...

fabulous! love the add of glitter
hugs
céline

Patti J said...

Love that glitter stripe! Beautiful card, dear friend! You rock...seriously!

NanaConnie said...

Perfect take on that inspiration photo and the colors are exceptional !

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, how fabulous is this! I love nautical themes and your card is right up there with the best! Congrats on your DT spot - well deserved! Can you tell me who makes the wave die? I've seen it on a few blogs and love it! TFS!

nwilliams6 said...

One of my friends just got this card kit and I love it! You did a super job with it and your card is wonderful. Great idea with the gold. Congrats on being the Surprize sweetie - how sweet is that! Cute card. Hugz

*Vicki* said...

MiamiKel - I did not use a "wave die" on this project. I stamped the image from the stamp set and fussy cut it out to put on my design. I do know that there are several "wave border dies" sold from places like Simon Says Stamp, Lawn Fawn, My Favorite Things, Ellen Hutson and probably more than that. You could always do a google search to find a certain style of wave that you want. :) Hope this helps!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the gold sparkle and the stripes! Wonderful card!

Call me Naki said...

I am so happy to have you as a surprise sweetie this week! Your card is just perfect! You have incorporated the color theme and the inspirational photo beautifully! just love every detail on your card;-D
CIC Sweetie
Naki

VanessaB said...

Gorgeous

Asha said...

Oh my word! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card...this is nautical elegance at its best! Well done, my friend!
hugs Asha

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh it's no surprise you're a sweetie :D
I love this colour combo - the gold is perfection!

Lola said...

Wow, what a GREAT photo inspiration card! So perfect in all ways.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...