Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Flashback Friday - Flippin' Out!

Hello friends!  Welcome to another Flashback Friday!
Yay!  Friday is finally here!  It's still the hot dog days of Summer and so I thought it would be fun to create a Summer theme design for today!

I have decided to pull out a few of my older stamps and combine them with some more current items on my design for today...so let's have a look at today's "Flashback Friday".....
I am using a couple of older Stampin' Up! stamp sets called:
"Around & About" and also another old set called "A Little Love".  These are both dated as 2003 and 2004. I've combined it with a brand new set I got along with a couple of current trends:
So I've combined these older stamp sets along with a brand new set I just got from Simon Says Stamp in their new card kit called:  Flip Flop Season (I've used the sentiment from the set.) and I've also made this a CAS one layer card, which is pretty popular right now.  I've also done an emboss resist technique with some distress ink blending.

For the frames, I had to pull out my "Stamp-a-ma-jig" to line it up over the flip flop image.  I stamped one slightly askew and layered with another frame image in black ink over top of that.  I also drew some lines with my Copic liner pen to mimic the style of frame over the flip flops.  The flip flops were colored in with my Copic markers and I stamped the dotted frame using the same colors of distress inks that I've used for my masked emboss resist blending.  There is also a clear gel pen in the kit which I've used to cover the tiny flowers on the flip flops for a bit of sparkle.

This card was very simple and fun to create!  I'm so glad that I was able to pull out some more of those OLD stamps and tools from my stash and use them again...and I got to use some of my NEW goodies along with it!!  Can't get any better than this, right?!  Life IS better in flip flops!! :)

Thanks so much for checking in with me today!
Please be sure to stop by again on Monday as I have a special post to share with you!
Bye for now! :)  Enjoy your weekend!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
One Layer Simplicity - Strip Down
AAA Cards - It's SO HOT!

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Frame It!

32 comments:

Kim said...

This is such a fun card! I love the fun colors and I will be in flip flops and enjoying the beach today :-)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the "hot" colors you used for your sponged panel. The emboss reset looks great. Love the lined frame and the dotted frame on top of it. Just a great combination of images, graphics and colors. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Margreet said...

Love your text going with the flipflops...nice, striking colors!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cas card and love the hot Summer colours and emboss resist -and I totally agree with the sentiment -would live all year in my flip flops weather permitting( have even had to walk home barefoot in the rain before now because of flip flops lol)
Carol x

Bad Kitty said...

great card
great coloros
hugs

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, great design and colors, such a challenge to make a one layer card and yours is stunning!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So awesome! LOVE the bright, bright colors!!

Judy V said...

Fun CAS card! Love the way you framed the flip flops! Thanks for joining us at CC&CC!

Pollard Carole said...

Just gorgeous the new and old work perfectly I love it Love and hugs Carole x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous hot colours, Vicki, the shading of the flip flops is so beautiful, have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

LesLee said...

Such a cute card... love the colors. i especially like the multiple frames. hope your having a great summer

Céline said...

fabulous ! love the colors
hugs
céline

Karen D. said...

super cute..

Thanks for playing along with the OLS this month.

Pia S said...

I'm impressed by how not one layer your one layer card looks:) super bold, summery colors and design!

Mac Mable said...

Very creative and clever card. Looks so 3D and just so gorgeous.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I LOVE those red hot, sassy and super vibrant summer colours Vicki.
Great design and take on our 'hot' challenge and thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah x

MiamiKel said...

What a fun and super summer card - flashes of bright color, a little whimsical cheer - this is absolutely spot on for a fun summery card! Love your flashback Fridays! I just packed up my cabana and put away the last of my stamps, but many I had an urge to get out as they've been on a shelf for 5+ years! Blessings!

Shannon McComb said...

What a fun summery card! Love the colors together!!

nwilliams6 said...

You totally brought the old stamp to life again Vicki! I love that this is a one layer card but really looks fab. Well done and super fun post! Hugz

Monika Reeck said...

hihihi
the sentiment makes me smile
yes in Indonesia I used always flip flops
but in germany in winter time
no chance hehe
in Indonesia we dont have winter Vicki
and I adore your one layer card
so happy and bright color
and your masking the white area so great
I love that dots stamp so cuteee
Sweet card my friend and see you soon maybe if you have a bit time
Hugs
Monika

Rhonda Miller said...

I love it.

MiamiKel said...

Vicki, this is tons of summer fun! I love the vibrant and wonderful, cheerful colors - the flip flops (my daily, year round shoe!) are just as sweet as can be! I just packed up my craft room and as I added each 'flashback' stamp set into the boxes, I thought of you! Perfect card - as always!

Jessi Fogan said...

This just yells SUMMMMMMMERRRR!!! Love the bright colours & the fun dots!

Beth said...

Oh Vicki this is such a fun card....love your distress ink blending on the side beautiful summer colors.
Hugs

Davi said...

This one is tooo cute, love the flip flops and agree with the sentiment :)

Jill Vickers said...

Love the bright fun summer colours - and the layered frames are such a great design element! Life really is better in flip flops! Thanks so much for playing along with our summer themed challenge this week! Jill

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

honeybeelane said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love red and flip-flips!! Melissa

Desire Fourie said...

... for sure ... I totally agree. Adore the warm summer colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous card! Love those colors!

Lola said...

So pretty and reminds me of sunset colors. Love the transition of colors along the side.

Greta said...

I adore this card! Wonderfully created!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...