Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Flashback Friday - Old Stamp meets New Papers

Hello friends!!
Happy Friday!!  Yay!  I have some fun plans this weekend for a long awaited "date night" with hubby and we are both looking forward to it!  Hope you have some fun plans going on too! ;)

For this Flashback Friday, I have a card that I had made for a friend's birthday.  I sent it out late of course, but I least I got it sent and she has already gotten it!

This stamp that I've used on this card dates back to 1996!
This was actually a set that I "used" to have back in the day, but had long since sold it somewhere along the line.  My mom had this same set and ended up giving it to me as I don't think it has even been used when I was looking at it!! LOL!!  It's actually in excellent condition...brand new like!
So thanks to mom for "saving" this for me to use!! LOL!!
This set is, of course, a Stampin' Up! set called "Nice & Easy Notes"...anyone remember?
I thought his image had a nice country feel to it and I thought it would be great to use for my demo friend who lives out in the country.  Hope she didn't mind that I used something so old!! LOL!

I have actually embossed the image and then used my aquapainter and some Stampin' Up! reinkers to color in the image with.  I forgot how much I used to enjoy coloring with my ink pads!  It's awesome that I can get the colors to match up with my papers, etc.  (Of course the photo doesn't look like it matches up the colors with the papers, but IRL, it looks more matched up.)

I have some mega punches (If anyone remembers those popular punches from a few years back before the dies started becoming really popular.) and used them to punch out the image and the scallop circle behind it.  I have popped it up over some NEW Stampin' Up! papers from the Farmer's Market DSP that I received from a paper share.  (They are awesome and I've used tons of them along with the Schoolhouse DSP...which are the two that I didn't think I'd use at all!! figures!) I just love the gingham pattern in these colors!  I thought it helped to bring out that "country feel" that I was going for with this.

Lastly, I have added some thick baker's twine in matching Blackberry Bliss color along with an Old Olive button that I attached on top of the bow.  And now that I see this photo, I see my bow was twisted and didn't get a chance to fix that before I sent it off! LOL!  So hopefully she didn't get a twisted bow when it arrived!! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my "Flashback Friday" today!!  Thanks so much for stopping in, I always appreciate you taking the time to visit!!
Enjoy your weekend and see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Creative Knockouts - Celebration Time
Sister Act - anything goes
The Friday Mash-Up - 1.  Birthday and/or 2.  Technique (I did watercolor)

Brown Sugar - Buttons & Bows
Crafty Catz - Flowers

39 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, I am thrilled with this card, in fact it is sitting on my desk and I am looking at it RIGHT NOW! I am honored you used such a sweet country image for my birthday! One of these days, I'll put it on MY blog...when I get my act together! Thanks again!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the chequered background and the way you used the twine Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

alexandra s.m. said...

And still so beautiful! I love your card and your coloring Vicki!!
Thank You~

Shelly said...

This is so pretty and sweet!!
Happy Friday and enjoy your date night! Yay! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Super cute design with this sweet image and checkerboard papers!

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, love those colours together and the gingham looks fabulous with that watering can. I have had a bit of a tidy out of my craft room today AND I have been ruthless and thrown out a lot of stuff that I am never, in a million, going to use. What's the betting that next week I will find a use for some of it!! Enjoy date night!! xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Vicki...I so love the gingham papers!
xxx Margreet

Pia S said...

A great combo of new and old stash to create this rustic country feel design. I find it interesting to see people use old stash, we all got them, just need reminders to use them I think...

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card
hugs

Chrissy said...

I remember the punches..I even have a few Vicki..almost forgotten how to use them..lol..love your country feel card..super design and image and fabulous colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Monika Reeck said...

Hiii Vicki
Yes I remember in German too we can buy that MEGA PUNCHER
I have the circle one and scallop one too hehe
and I was using it much
but its also consumin place right..
Vicki I love this cute Image and your DP in purple hmmm yummy I want it BAD hehehe
sweet flower card and remind me the time that scallop was soo papular I have that border puncher too Vicki
maybe if we open our cupboard and we found some similar puncher Vicki hehehe..
Happy weekend for you sweety..and if you like to see my first post (AGAIN??) I edited hehe I use lawn fawn nautical stamp like you have (I guess we have some same lawn fawn stamp am I right Vicki?)
I am sorry to much writing
Big hugs for you and I will go to bed it is 00:46 (crazy Monika)*Grinz*

Patti J said...

Gotta love checks! Sweet card, my friend! Thanks for always inspiring! Hugs...

Greta said...

Sweet card--does have a country feel! I love using my old stamps--some are still my favorites!

Céline said...

fab card , i love the colors you used
hugs
céline

Olga Jewell said...

Very, very pretty!!!

Donna said...

Oh my Vicki, I adore this card, the colours are beautiful and I absolutely love seeing gingham on cards especially more than one colour! Well done for your Mum saving you this stamp set, its adorable! :) Donna ♥ x

Maria A. said...

Hello Vicki: Your card is so sweet and beautiful, love that little watering can and the way you colored it.
I love the DSP also, there is something about Gingham paper, it has that country feel, like the kitchen towels my sweet grandma, on my mother's side, had in her kitchen.
Beautifully done, thank you for sharing.
Maria.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely creation my lovely friend, beautiful image and gorgeous colours...
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

jimlynn said...

That stamp may be an oldie - but it's a goodie too! Very pretty papers and design to go with it. I think I may even have that stamp somewhere. Need to get some of them out and use them now.
Lynn

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Vicki & I love that image :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shannon McComb said...

Love the background papers! So very pretty & that image is so swett and colored so beautifully!! Very pretty!!

crafty-stamper said...

It may be an old stamp but really cute reminds me os a Little Claire type image and great papers-hope you enjoyed your date night
Carol x

Davi said...

Beautiful Vicki, I love your old stamp and the burgundy and green look so pretty together, love the checks! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Pollard Carole said...

I just love this that stamp is still gorgeous even after nearly 20 years I love the fab papers and design its all prefect Enjoy your date night love and hugs Carole x

Beth said...

love love love this Vicki.....think I have this set stored away might have to pull it out.....those are great papers to go with that imagine looks so country.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I love the gorgeous colors and fabulous papers!!
Bug hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

Love the mix of papers, same design different color, so nice and great colors too. Lovely image. That's why I have such a hard time getting rid of rubber stamps!! Pretty card, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Shannon McComb said...

Ohh my i I've this back to school Marci!! It's SO cute and your coloring of her rocks!! Also love the elements you added to really give it the back to school feeling. Love it Vicki!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I need to start using some of my older neglected stamps! Love this!

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful! Those gingham papers really make the image pop. Great color combo, my friend.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the papers/colors you chose, what a great image!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our Flowers challenge.
Aunty Sue DT

Asha said...

So sweet and simple. The gingham paper works so well with the image. LOVE it.
hugs x Asha

Mad Moose said...

Lovely card. Great layout and lovely paper. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

brrenwick said...

Such a cute card! I love the watercoloring and fun paper! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is super sweet. I just love that purple paper! Thank you for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

nwilliams6 said...

These papers and your sketch totally bring this image back to life. Wow - you could single-handedly bring back interest in old SU! sets!!! I think I may have this one - I need to check. Cute!!!! Hugz

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Your pattern paper brings life to the whole project! So cute and country looking, like it)

VanessaB said...

very sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...