Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Guest Design for Deep Ocean with Maritime!

Hello friends!!
It's my second post for today!
(scroll down to see the La La Land Crafts new release!)

I'm here to share a fun challenge with you over at the
DEEP OCEAN CHALLENGE BLOG
I'm excited to have won a guest design spot from a previous challenge!
The challenge theme for this challenge is "Maritime"
The definition from what I understand of this word is:
"Maritime is primarily an adjective that describes objects or activities related to the sea."

So from that thought came my idea to make this:
I wanted to capture this fun "underwater scene" using this really awesome image that has been lurking in my stash for a while!  This is the "Journey into the Sea" image from Whimsy Stamps by Crissy Armstrong.  I fell in love with it when it came out a few years back and I had so much fun coloring her in!  I actually fussy cut the image and mounted it onto my watercolor background!

For the background, I have used my Kurtake Gansi watercolors with different colors of blues and greens mixed in.  I finished it off with splashes of pearl white!  (and then I covered the entire thing up!)  That's OK, because I wanted to have this underwater scene for the image!  I also pulled out my "Sea Life" stamp set with the coordinating dies to add some bubbles and the pieces of "sea weed" woven around the image.  I've also taken the sentiment and die cut it out and layered it over a piece of brushed gold card stock.

I've layered the underwater scene with the brushed gold card as well and then attached it all to a 5" square folded Garden Green card stock base.  Although I haven't added too many embellishments, I didn't really think it needed any with everything going on!  There's a lot activity underwater you know?!! LOL!!

Here's a closer look at some of the sparkle...
So as you can see, I've used my glitter gel pens to color the sea horses scales at the top portion of his body.  I've also used the glitter gel pens to color in the mermaid's hair, eyes, necklace and bracelet.  I also added some fine glitter to both the mermaid and the sea horses fins.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation this afternoon and I would love to see what your idea is for the "Maritime" theme!!  Hope you can join in the fun with us!! :)

Thank you SO MUCH for dropping in today!!  I'm hoping to "SEA" you soon!! LOL!
I will be back again tomorrow with a special announcement!! 

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Crafts 4 Eternity - Transport
Alphabet Challenge - "M" for Mermaids
Fantasy Stampers - Lots of Layers
Come and Get It - Feature a Creature

29 comments:

Karina said...

Your card is gorgeous, Vicki, and a perfect interpretation of the Maritime theme. Love your coloring and the color combo you chose. Thank you so much for being our guest for this round and creating such a piece of art for us.
Hugs, Karina

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki!! I love that image and it's colored beautifully... her hair looks awesome! Stunning Maritime creation my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

your card is gorgeous
love the coloring and this cute image
hugs

Becca Cruger said...

Fun card is right! I'm crushing on all that sparkliness! You are such a great colorist!

Sarah said...

This is a beauty Vicki. A brilliant design and I love the sparkle that you added to the image. Such a fabulous background too xx

Céline said...

really gorgeous, love the scene you created
hugs
céline

Pollard Carole said...

Well done you on your GDT spot so deserved i love this card its very special Love and hugs Carole x

Chrissy said...

What a stunner Vicki...gorgeous image and colouring and I love the sparkle...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Asha said...

WOWZER! That is pretty stunning, Vicki. Fab idea to layer the seaweed and oh the sparkle.... LOVE that!
hugs, Asha

julieprice3 said...

This is just gorgeous! Love that image, nicely done, sorry I haven't been by to comment for a while limited computor time with my frozen shoulder, but wonderful cards as always xo Julie P

Olga said...

Gorgeous!

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Pia S said...

You did a great job coloring this image, I love the different shades of her hair and tail and that background looks awesome with the different blue colors and added grass.

Donna said...

Beautiful coloring, glittering and design!!

Sue said...

Vicki, a beautiful and fun card. Love your watercolor background and this image is adorable. Who doesn't love a Mermaid, and with her own ride!!!

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

WOOOOW Vicky is truly gorgeous. I love how the sea weed grasses in the front gives lovely dimension to the scene.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card the image is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers this time. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Shelly Schmidt said...

You really did a fab job showcasing this image. The background is so pretty and the ferns are great. Congrats on the GDT

Donna said...

Wow this is so beautiful Vicki, the mermaid image is mega pretty and I love the little scene you have created. Fantastic sentiment too, it's perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Vicki love that beautiful image and how you have coloured her the die cuts and the background look ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

Oh be still my heart Vicki! This is a stunner! What a gorgeous colored mermaid paired with a fabulous card design, super elegant and beautiful!! What a scene you've created - swoon!

Cazro said...

Gorgeous, amazing colouring. So pleased you shared with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the layers and dimension despite the fact that it's so nice and flat and easy for mailing Wonderful coloring!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my goodness... you fussy cut this image! And what a fabulous scene you created with it. That background is beautiful, too.

Beth said...

absolutely gorgeous Vicki love the image and your coloring is always done with perfection.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot and love the mermaid image and underwater scene
\Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous! Lovely image and scene! I thought I had commented on this already - but I see I haven't! Really pretty card! Hugz

Monika Reeck said...

oh Vicki
I am sorry for being so late
was busy with hubby birthday hehe
This is adorable colored Image Vicki
how you colored her hair I love it
and the glitter on her blue area wooow
sweet SEA card my friend
LUV this
hugs, Monika

Greta said...

Oh my--what an amazing scene you created!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...