"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hello My Baby, Hello My Honey...Anything Goes!

Good evening friends!!
Here to share with you  a new challenge over at
Addicted to Stamps
For this week's challenge, it's an "ANYTHING GOES" theme!
So basically have fun making anything you want!  So easy, right?!

The sponsor for this challenge is
They will be giving away a $12 gift certificate to the winner!
So be sure to play along for your chance to win!!

The sponsor has kindly provided some images for the design team to work with, so I picked out this really cute and fun image for my card:
This is called "Top Hat Frog" from Sami Stamps.  I've colored him in with my Copics.  In an attempt to add some texture, I've really made him look so "dotty" that it looks like a frog with measles!! LOL!! So...dots or no dots?  Right now, I'm not liking them!   He has "frogotten" something too!  Probably a birthday because I do this all the time!! :)  The sentiment comes from an older Stampin' Up! stamp set I have in my stash.

I have kept this card really simple which I think makes it great for a guy card too!
I've added some Wink of Stella to his hat and I thought it would be fun to add in some green sequins as well.  I've added an additional black strip of card stock to the bottom to give some interest to the overall design.

Maybe I'm showing my age here a bit, but when I was a child, I would watch this Looney Toons cartoon and this image really reminds me of that cartoon!  Do any of you recognize this fellow?

LOL!
If you do NOT know this cartoon image or what I'm talking about, here's a little clip from the cartoon that I'm referring to:


Be sure to hop on over to the challenge blog to what the other talented design team has come up with as well!  I look forward to seeing what you all create!
Thanks so much for dropping in!  See you soon! :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:

Brown Sugar - animals

41 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this is super cute! It does look like your cartoons and I love that sentiment. Fun!!! Hugz

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

LOVE that singing frog! So cute with his top hat on!

Alanna said...

So cute. Love the frog.

Sarah said...

I'm not usually keen on toads and frogs but this one is an exception as he's so cute and the sentiment made me smile too!! xx

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card,cute image
have a nice day
hugs

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh Vicki,
I thoroughly enjoyed popping over today and seeing your lovely creation and also the little cartoon clip. You made me smile for sure.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable card and your coloring is fabulous, Vicki!

cm said...

ACK! Your dotted frog is absolutely darling, Vicki! And your colouring: so realistic! Fantastic! The sentiment: tee hee! So sweet!
Hugs~c

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my ! Love that frog! Stinkin adorable!!

Sue said...

Love your adorable frog card, and that sentiment is perfect!

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

Super cute Vicki. Love the froggie and fun play on the word.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tanja said...

love everything about your card: the cute frog, your coloring with the dot detail and the "punny" sentiment

Deepti said...

Awww this is so cute, your coloring is soooooooo awesome !

Monika Reeck said...

Achhh this is so sooo cuuutee
I love Sami Stamps too and your did it perfectly Vicki
the green dots on that frog is so clever
and lovely add of the sequin too
love all green on this card
cute cute cute
Hugs from Germany to you
Monika

Beverley said...

Fabulous card and your colouring technique is awesome, such a cheery card too :) Hugs Bev x

MaryH said...

Mr. Frog is just too darned cute & cheeky, and I absolutely love the sentiment. The pretty sprinkle of sequins added such a light touch of bling & it's just a very fun card with a delightful design. TFS

Davi said...

Actually I love the texture look Vicki, I think it look super, a VERY cute card!!

Asha said...

LOL... toooc cute, Vicki. In the wake of the distressing news about Kermit and Miss Piggy's divorce, I cannot help but picture Kermit in top hat and tails having a fun evening with the ladies!
hugs Asha

Jane Knudsen said...

I loved the singing frog! Thanks for bringing back great memories!!

Margreet said...

He is soooo cute Vicki and so fab colored....great sentiment too!
xxx Margreet

Wei Wei Wang said...

Hahaha! This frog is so cute ! Love your fab coloring and the sentiment!

Céline said...

oh, so fun !! love it
hugs
céline

aussie aNNie said...

Frog-a-licious....all gorgeous.xx
{aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

Julie B said...

Love the frogs here Vicki and the texture looks fine! :)

cass said...

Fun card, Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Animals" challenge

Maria A. said...

Oh my gosh!!, this card is so cute, love the sentiment, it's so darn funny!!!
The little segment with the singing frog just made me LOL, this cartoons are classics, I remember this one, I can still feel the frustration on this guy's face, LOL!! Darn Frog...!!

Donna said...

Super cute card Vicki, perfectly coloured and the sentiment is so sweet...fab CAS design too! :) Donna ♥ x

Pia S said...

Before reading your comment I was thinking how great he looked with your dotty coloring. And after reading your comment I still feel he looks great spotty. They're quite dotty in real life too, not the type of skin you'd like yourself. And the sentiment is a great choice as well, matches your frog image.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh gosh Vicki this card made me smile giving this will get you forgiven anything, lol, that frog is super so is that sentiment I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

bwahahaha! I love that video! Fabulous coloring on your frog too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fantastic, fun froggy! Love how you colored him. Great card, Vicki!

Tammy said...

Oh my Vicki, that frog is sooo cute! I love his top hat and the way you've colored him, fabulous dotty body!!
Hugs, Tammy

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I LOVE the dots. It really looks so realistic.. Fabulous coloring. And a darling card!

Donna K said...

Ok, so your post title had me singing BEFORE I saw the video clip! This is so funny, Vicki. I love your sweet froggy and how you textured the colors with the dots.

Beth said...

Good morning Vicki sorry for being MIA but have had bandwidth issues again....just can't seem to get it right......I am not going to leave comments for every card today ...but am loving this cute little frog great cards as always girlfriend and I hope to be back on track Mon.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute frog and colouring is brilliant they are quite spotty-we have loads in our garden and love the singing frog lol
carol x

Neets B said...

Great work with this digi, Vicki. Perfect to send to anyone and I personally love the dots! x

Dana said...

Love it!! So cute and your coloring of the frog is fabulous!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh too cute -- we were just at Disney and I was telling my kids a similar 'frog/ story from my childhood in Splash Mountain! Love the simplicity of this and how the frog takes center stage! (no pun intended!) Sweetness!!! ♥

Shona Chambers said...

Thanks for the memories Vicki! I haven't thought about that frog for years and I loved watching him as a kid. Your card frog is so much like him and looking very dapper indeed!

Greta said...

Very cute card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...