Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

It's "Back to School" for La La Land Crafts!

Hello friends!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was fantastic!  I really enjoyed the time spent with hubby!  We ate out and saw a fun magic show in town..really amazing and fun! :)

So today, I'm here to share with you my creation as a guest design for
La La Land Crafts
Check out their awesome products if you haven't yet!!

Today, it's "Inspirational Monday" over at the
La La Land Crafts blog
and the theme for this inspiration is "Back to School"!

So check out the card I have made:
I thought that this Backpack Marci was SO cute with apple and backpack in hand.  The sentiment and extra apple by her feet are both from the same stamp set as well! :)

To help with the "back to school" theme, I've added some fun papers and I've used a spiral border punch to make the spiral look at the top of the lined school papers sticking out from behind her. For the yellow star and border on the design, I've used the very versatile Stitched Elements dies from La La Land Crafts as well as the Stitched Zigzags dies for added extra "back to school" design elements.  To finish it off, I had some Teresa Collins Wooden enamel dots and some linen thread to wrap around the metal paper clip on the image panel.

Here is a closer look at some of the other details you might not see in the above photo:
Of course I've colored her in with my Copic markers, but you might also notice the slight shine in the apples on this photo.  I have covered both the apple with some glossy accents.  And if you notice the die cut star on the top corner, I've covered that with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I've also used a gold glitter pen to color in the buckles on her shoes as well as the clasp on her backpack.  I was trying to give her headband a soft suede look like her shoes and backpack, but looking at his, I wish I would've colored it blue or yellow now! :)

I hope you've been inspired today with my "Back to School" creation!  If you want to see even more inspiration using these stunning La La Land Crafts products, then please be sure to check out the blog and subscribe for updates to see amazing designs from the design team!  They're so talented!

Thanks so much for dropping in today friends!
See you soon! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Clear it Out - Theme:  Back to School/ Stash:  Office Supplies (paper clip)
Papertake Weekly - To Die For 
Penny's Paper - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Back to School
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Use a Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - Back to School

42 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow Vicki, I've missed so many of your wonderful creations while I've been gone! Each one is so special and very creative and inspiring! Congratulations of the new DT!

Bad Kitty said...

this is very nice
have a nice day
hugs

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this adorable back-to-school cutie, Vicki! What a precious card!

crafty-stamper said...

cute image and love the shiny apple and great embellishments-congrats on the GDT
Carol x

Beth said...

Hey Vicki that is one cute card girlfriend love all the extra detailing you have added and as always colored to perfection.
Hugs

Shelly said...

Sooo cute and sweet!

MiamiKel said...

How charming Vicki! She's a cutie! And snuggled into this gorgeous perfect paper - it's The perfect back-to-school card! My kids started today - mixed emotions! ❤️

Tammy said...

Awww what a little cutie Vicki and you've colored her beautifully! Fabulous design and I love all of the embellishments!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Margreet said...

Lovely card with great coloring, Vicki...love the stitched element dies!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, she is adorable, and looks like she is all set with new clothes, shoes, backpack and an apple for the teacher! Beautifully colored and sweet layout.

Hugs
Sue

Sarah said...

Glad you had a lovely weekend Vicki. This is a great card, Marci is such a cutie and I love the special accents you have added, particularly the notebook leaf behind her and the twinkly stars xx

Chrissy said...

She is a little cutie Vicki..fabulous colouring and love the glossy red apples and sparkly star..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

Super coloring of this school ready girl. The paper fits the theme perfectly and I think you picked super embellies too. Cute!

Lisa J said...

Fabulous Card Vicki! Love the image and the colours. Lisa x

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my gosh - how absolutely adorable is this?!? I love the little glossy apples. Just an extra bit of wow!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Suoer cute image and your colouring is beautiful :)
Thanks for joining us at [url=http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/]Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge[/url]
Mandy x

Patti J said...

Glad you and the Mr. had a great weekend! Your card is adorable...perfect for back to school! Congrats again on your guest spot with La La!

jimlynn said...

Great idea to wrap the twine around the metal clip. I just never know what to do with those things! Love your sweet and cute card - AND that awesome coloring once again. Precious!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! Your coloring is amazing- your card embellishments with the pop of yellow and the paperclip are fab!!!

Jennifer Bradley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Vicki, great card ,love the image and colouring, the backing design is great. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we woul love to see you back with us again. Jennifer DT member

August 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM Delete

Kim said...

This is so cute! I can't believe school has started. Such a short summer. Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and love these colour combo's. Thought I commented on this but realise now it was on F/B
xx  {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki Marci looks so clean and spruce going back to school I love how you have coloured her also the fantastic background design it is a card that is worthy of a gold star my friend. lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Pollard Carole said...

Great card what a delightful image i love her so sweet and the embellishments and colours work so well its lovely hugs Carole x

Lisa Mensing said...

This is so sweet! I just love LaLa Land. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out. Lisa DT

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, she's just so cuuuute! Love the blackboard numbers dp for the background and how you matted everything with red. Fab coloring.

Céline said...

i love that Marci
fab card
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

Great image! I love how you embellished it with the stars, paperclip, wood dots, just right.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's

Helen x

Davi said...

Such a cute back to school card Vicki!! The image is sweet and your embellies are so cool. I really like that you glossy accented the apples makes them look so real!!

Greta said...

Super cute! Love the bow on the clip & your fabulous coloring!

Olga Jewell said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Asha said...

Eeek! Soooo cute! Love the way you coloured her.... she's flawless! Awesome die cuts too. So many things on my wish list. :)
x Asha

Kamila R. said...

What an amazing job colouring that cutie! Beautiful and fun card! :)

Donna K said...

wowzers she's a cutie! love, LOVE how you highlighted her hair and added those wooden accents. super cute and perfect for back to school! hope the rest of your week is fantastic talented lady! xo

Lisa said...

Beautiful job on the watercoloring, thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Vicki...I send you hugs from Croatia....I sometimes has internet connection but sometimes drop..
Before its drop wanna say Cuttteee little image and oh dear your colored totally adoreable..luv the LO and the colors perfecto..♡♡Luv your card and for you to know even I am.not commenting bcoz difficult connection...I always remember you...hugs.Monika

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Marci is so adorable. You covered every detail. Love the layers and your extra touches.
Hugs, Pat♥

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

nwilliams6 said...

Such wonderful coloring and she is adorable!!!! Fun card my friend. Hugz

VanessaB said...

cute! your coloring is amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...