"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, August 31, 2015

La La Land Crafts Guest Design Finale...

Hello friends and happy Monday!! :)
AND..it just so happens to be THE very last day in August too!  (Summer has really flown by very quickly it seems like!)  BUT, before Summer comes to a crashing end, I'd like to share a fun "Summer-like" design with you today!

As with Summer finishing up, as it is so with my guest design spot for
LA LA LAND CRAFTS

I want to take a quick moment to say that I appreciated my time with the wonderful design team and the generosity of Irina with her stunning products!  I'm sure I will be having some fun with them in the future as well!  Very thankful to have had this opportunity to guest design for the last few months.
I hope you will stop by the blog and subscribe as they have such a talented group of ladies over there who do a fantastic job of showcasing these images and products!

For my final "Inspirational Monday" GDT project over at the
La La Land Crafts Blog...
we are sharing inspirational projects using metal embellishments.
(I have collected SO MANY charms over the years as well as generosity of other crafters sharing their stash of metal charms...so this was not a difficult challenge for me at all!)
Here's what I've come up with:
I think this might be one of my favorites from the "Luka" collection! :)
This cutie is called "Sailor Luka".  The sentiment that I've used on this card also comes with the stamp included in the set.
I've taken one of the Stitched Clouds Border Dies and used it to cut out the sentiment to place at the top of my card design.  I've also used the tiny cloud from the Stitched Sun and Clouds die set to pop up an extra cloud over the border that I cut.  All of the papers that I've used have come from one of the previous SSS card kits that I've received over the Summer and I thought it would be fun to use them for this design.  So I've cut a small banner using the Stitched Elements die set and then I just cut off the other strips of paper at an angle for the top left of my card.

I have used this fun metal charm from my stash that looks exactly like the "wheel" that Luka is holding! :)  Took some twine to tie it with my bow  over top of the strips of papers.  Then I popped up that tiny stitched cloud over top of the twine.

So I thought that I nice small border of red card stock around the edge of the card would set this off nicely and then I attached it all onto a top folding A2 sized white card base.  Simple and cute, just the way I like it! :)

Hope you've enjoyed seeing all of my creations using these cute products as much as I've enjoyed creating with them!  If you purchase anything that has inspired you from my blog, please be sure to let Irina know that I sent you there!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!!  Enjoy your day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


37 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card

Margreet said...

Awww, this guy is too cute Vicki....great coloring and lovely layout and embellies!
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

A perfect grand finale Vicki xx

Lynn McAuley said...

I love that fabulous seagull background and those wonderful banners for this sweet sailor boy!! What a sensational card, Vicky!

jimlynn said...

So adorable and I love the charm on this! You don't see many using the charms anymore and I, for one, love them. Love this wonderful card!
Lynn

Shannon McComb said...

What cutie!! Adorable Vicki!

Pia S said...

This image might end up in my stash any time soon, I think he's so versatile, not only for the youngest boys. I've got 5 nephews and I'm always on the lookout for new boy images. Super layout too, really like the DP with birds for a nautical feel...

VanessaB said...

how sweet! love the background paper and all the cute nautical embellishments

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so adorable, love the fabulous design.

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

This sailor is so cute! I love your design very much)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautifully done. Gorgeous coloring, colors and matching papers, as well as a perfect design.

Donna said...

This image is so cute, great coloring, like the bird background and how you did those cute ribbons with the charm and twine!

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Vicki such a fabby cute image and lovely nautical summer design, it has been raining here for the last few days and has turned quite chilly but hey ho Autumn is my favourite season next to Spring
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Summer was certainly on fast forward this year!Love the cute image and great B.paper and love the little wheel charm
Carol x

Shelly said...

Absolutely, adorable!!

Becca Cruger said...

Every time I come over here it feels like I just want to squeal. Again, this is soooo adorable! The adorable twine goes perfectly with that little metal embellie! So cute!

Asha said...

Gosh! He has to be the cutest little sailor boy ever! LOVE the adorable flags and the dinky little charm. Fab card, Vicki!
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

Your card is adorable and very nautical! Love the addition of the charm!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! That sweet little Luka has stolen my heart! Love it!!!

Sue said...

Love a guy in uniform. Luka is adorable. Love the papers you chose and the design on your card, as well. Vicki, have enjoyed seeing your la la land creation during your guest spot.

Hugs
Sue

MiamiKel said...

Another cutie!! I love anything with a nautical theme!! Sorry it's taken me so long to stop by still trying to find a moment to catch my breath!! ❤️

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...absolutely adorable and that charm is like the cherry on the cake isn't it?
Thanks Vicki!

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS WORKS BURGER HERE Vicki, love everything about this cute card.xx {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Vicki & the twine & charm finishes it off perfectly :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki thank you for your comment on my blog I get the same when I leave a comment I always worry that my comment has not been published which is why I am using Chrome, lol, these things are sent to test us aren't they.
hugs
lorraine x

Desire Fourie said...

This is so cute Vicki. Loving the sailors theme. Thank you for letting us know about the new challenge blog coming up.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki!! I love that sweet little sailor and you've colored him beautifully, fabulous design and that charm is so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- love the sweet sailor image and your coloring is so wonderful! The banners are cute and I love the clouds and the charm. I have such a hard time adding charms- and I have tons of this- love this sweet design!



Greta said...

Oh wow--this is so darling & perfectly designed!

Donna said...

Cuteness overload in this card Vicki, Luka is adorable and you have coloured him beautifully! Love the design papers too and the sweet little charm...a really cute and fun card! :) Donna ♥ x

Céline said...

totally love this one
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Just adorable. Love the banners and the charm. August sure went by fast. Luka is colored so wonderful.
Hugs, Pat♥

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii he is so cute and I adore your banner and that charm too so perfect with this cute little man image
your coloring always adorable
LOVE YOUR great card my friend
I have Internet signal and will send this comment to you soon before the signal go away
hugs
Monika

Crafty EllenH. said...

what a lovely project!!

NanaConnie said...

So adorable, Vicki! A wonderful way to end summer. :-D And you'll forgive me, I hope, if I say it can't end soon enough for me. I'm so tired of the hot, hot, hot temps. We awoke this morning to lovely temps in the mid-60s, although it'll get to 90 before the day ends. Still, that's better than temps in the 100s. :-D

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute. I love the image and the banners.

nwilliams6 said...

It would be hard to be cuter than this Vicki!!! Adorable image and fun details. Darling card. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...