"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, August 17, 2015

La La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday

Hello friends!
Hope that you had a wonderful weekend!
I'm stopping by today to share another creation I made for this week's Inspirational theme over at
LA LA LAND CRAFTS BLOG
For this week, the team is inspiring you with projects made using flags and/or banners!

Of course the first flag that came to my mind was the U.S. flag, so I have made this card:
Even though Independence Day is long gone and OWH is not accepting cards, I do know that there is special place that take cards that are given to Veterans and I thought this would be a special one for someone to receive and thank them for their service. (Veteran's Day is November 11th.)
I have used this cute Saluting Luka stamp along with the sentiment that comes with him for my card today!  I have colored his pants and hat with the camouflage pattern in mind when I did it.  It was fun coloring in a pattern on his clothes!  I've also used a silver gel pen to color in his dog tags, they are so shinny!  For the sentiment, I cut it out using the banner die from the Stitched Elements die set.  I've also used the stitched star that comes in the set for the silver stars behind Luka as well as the stars I inlaid into the Scalloped Trim Banner Die.  I cut that out twice to get a dimensional look for it.

Here's a closer view of Luka:
Here you can better see the sparkly shine on his dog tags and the camouflage pattern.
Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration over at the La La Land Crafts blog!

Thanks so much for stopping here with me today!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Penny's Paper - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Fantasy Stampers - Boy's Rule!


34 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

great card
hugs

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant design and such a thoughtful card whoever receives this will be truly thanked for their wonderful service to your country love and hugs Carole x

Margreet said...

Awwww, such a cool guy...so fab colored, especially the camouflage look!
Sorry I haven't been around so much, but my mom has got a stroke, so I'll have to spend much time with her.
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

way to cute my friend, you know I think I have heaps of lala stamps somewhere in a box, may have to look to find them and enter a challenge or two, your card is too inspiring not to.xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

OMGosh He is so cute! What a great card~

Dr Sonia S V said...

So super cute Vicki and love the subtle shimmer you added
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sue said...

Vicki, what a wonderful card! I thought you had paper pieced the hat and pants, great color work! Love the idea of giving cards to vets. We owe them so much for their sacrifices and a card is such a warm way to say thanks. Love your card, friend.

Hugs
Sue

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Wonderful masculine card! Perfect coloring on the hat & pants. I especially love how you achieved that camouflage look! Very cool!

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my this lovely!!! Perfect masculine card!! Love the camp on that little guy and that stitched banner is awesome!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow this is just totally awesome Vicki fantastic image and colouring a smashing card design, ACE make
hugs
Lorraine x

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous work with the camo, Vicki! What a sensational card!!

Maria A. said...

Vicki, I love how you colored this little guy's clothes in perfect camouflage, I thought you paper pieced his t-shirt and pants.
Simply fantastic.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Becca Cruger said...

Freakin' adorable!!! Your coloring skills are soooo good! And I love the sweet scalloped banner. You are like the die cutting queen!

Pia S said...

You couldn't have gotten him a more perfect outfit than this! Super coloring!! And I admire your eye for detail, like the silvery dog tags. It's very patriotic and cute this card.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image love the camouflage colouring
carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Vicki! You did it again!
Beautiful and absolutely ADORABLE!!
Thank You~

jimlynn said...

Fantastic camo coloring! I thought that was camo paper instead. Cute, cute card Vicki! Love the little banner and the double cutting gives it great dimension.
Lynn

Shelly said...

Aww...this is so cute!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, as a child of a military family (and sibling still serving), this is just heartwarming and fabulous! I love his uniform, so realistic and well done! What a lovely tribute to those serving and honoring our freedom - this card is amazing from top to bottom! Hugs!

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is adorable. Loving the camouflage clothing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Julia Aston said...

Love your sweet soldier Luca - and your coloring is marvelous Vicki!

Lola said...

This is so awesome and your camo is great! This is really well done all around.

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki! I love that image and it's colored beautiful, fabulous camouflage pattern!!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

So cute, Vicki! Great job combining the flag and the banner. As you can no doubt tell, I'm still playing catch up on visiting all the posts I missed on my fav blogs while I was traveling for those 2 weeks. I wish I had time to leave an individual comment on everything you posted while I was gone but I'm just so backed up... I know you'll forgive. :-D

Beth said...

Adorable my friend and what a fab job on the camo.
Hugs

Cazro said...

A beautiful patriotic card, loving your little boy. Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy
Stampers. Caz DT.

Céline said...

fab fab card!!!
hugs
céline

nwilliams6 said...

Great banner, super camo, and darling image! I love this cute card! Hugz

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your Patriotic card is wonderful! Love the banner, love he sweet image and fab coloring!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is wonderful! I love the banners & cute little guy!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vickiiiiiii
Luka is so cute
your coloring him so adorable
the cheek also pink oh so sweetttt
and the oants and hat colored so perfecto
nice dog tags too on silver coloring
nice Layout simple but swweeeett
Ach you are great at making cards with LALA LAND image
LUV THIS much too
hugs, Monika

Donna said...

Uber cute card Vicki and so clever that you created the camouflage pattern yourself, you are such an amazing crafter and I always love visiting your blog for inspiration! :) Donna ♥ x

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful image! I love the layered banners and how you added a bit of sparkle to his dog tags!

Asha said...

Awww! Just look at him! He's adowable! LOVE how you've coloured his cap and pants... soo real! LOVE his rosy cheeks too. Well done, my friend!
hugs Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...