"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

La-La Land Crafts is Sketchy This Week!

Hello friends!!  Happy Monday to ya!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was very busy with running around and doing lots and lots of canning!  I think it will be worth the trouble though.  :)

So today is another "Inspirational Monday" over on the
 La-La Land Crafts blog
This week we are sharing some inspiration with you using this sketch:

So be sure to hop on over to the blog this week to see all of the wonderful inspiration that the talented design team has to share with you using this sketch!

Here's my take on this sketch:
This darling image is called Love You Marci and the sentiment I've used on the banner comes with this image set as well!  I've also used some dies that I thought went really well with this cutie too!  I've used both the Hanging Hearts & Love Word dies along with the Stitched Elements dies for my card design.

I have recently received a gorgeous paper pad by Trimcraft and I thought it would be perfect to try out with this sketch.  The colors are my favorite color combo!  I have used some papers to help me paper piece parts of Marci's dress too!  The bottom part of her dress along with the heart in the center of her dress and her head band were all paper pieced.  I've used some Copics to help a bit with the shading  It's been such a long time that I have used flowers on my cards, I think I almost forgot what an awesome selection of flowers I have in my stash!! :)

Here's a closer view of the design:
As you can see, I've added some glossy accents to the heart on Marci's dress and you can also see the bits of sparkle on the paper strips as well as the sparkle on the center flowers.  I've used some Stickles glitter glue on that and of course I put some rhinestones on the heart dies.  As usual, everything is hard to photograph that you want to capture, but I do love the way this turned out.

Here's some product details about my design:
Copis: Skin - E000, E00, E02, R20, R00
Hair - E49, E47, E43, E41
Dress - V12, V01 
paper pieced areas - BG72, 0 (blender)
Boots - E87, E84, E81, V01, gold gel pen

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!!  I hope you were inspired by my design using these really adorable stamps and dies!!  Be sure to hop on over to the La-La Land Crafts blog to see what the other amazingly talented ladies have come up with! :)

I'll be back again shortly with another post for you!  Stay tuned in!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - ATG with a twist: feminine (square or rectangle cards only)
Shopping Our Stash- "Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes

19 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card
hugs

Sue said...

Awww, Vicki, she is a sweetie. Love the flowers and the sentiment too.

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. I love the sweet image, pretty papers and such beautiful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a gorgeous card.
Love that fab image, and she is coloured in perfectly.
Wonderful design as usual.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarah said...

Love this card "muchly" !! xx

Pia S said...

Love the sentiment! And your paper piecing and color choices too! A really sweet girly design:)

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki, like your paper piecing and coloring!

Jennifer said...

Very Sweet! Love the design and flowers. Sweet accent on the heart on her cute outfit.

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday crafty hugs Judith DT x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday crafty hugs Judith DT x

Monika Reeck said...

You know what I want to say Vicki
perfecto coloring
I adore her hair her cheek colors and her paper piecing dress all are adorable
who will get this card is a lucky girl
she will scream with this cute image and great arrangement of the flowers
LOVE YOUR CARD again Vicki
hope you have 1-2 minutes time to visit me again ...really miss you :)
big hugs, Monika

Jessi Fogan said...

That sentiment! *awwwww* and I just adore that flower cluster!

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki! Absolutely gorgeous coloring and design!
Hugs, Tammy

Leslie Hanna said...

So cute! I love the scattered bling.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the Bling challenge!

Donna said...

Super cute card! Love the pretty soft colours!
Thanks for bringing the bling and for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash for our "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

This is so pretty and super cute. Adore your wonderful paper piecing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my how gorgeous this is Vicki Marci looks so pretty I really love the colours and embellishments you have used, ACE make
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

This is precious and your color choices are so appealing Thanks for joining the Simply Create Too challenge this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...