"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Making "Merry" on Monday with Pastel Colors!

Hello friends!  Welcome to my SECOND post of the day!  :)

(If you'd like to see my "Inspirational Monday" post for La-La Land Crafts, please scroll down or
CLICK HERE to be taken to it.)

I am very honored to have won a spot as a guest designer over at
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge!
While it's still SO HOT out right now, this is the perfect time to be thinking "cool thoughts" and getting your crafting geared toward Christmas time!  I'm happy to have a mild start on this! :)

So, for the challenge this week, they would like to see your CHRISTMAS designs
with keeping this in mind:
I really love those soft pastel colors, but sometimes we don't always think about them on a Christmas card, so here's something that I came up with for this challenge:
I have done a bit of masking on this card and I was thinking perhaps that this would be better explained in a future video.  It's actually really simple, but to type it all out might be a bit confusing if you've not attempted this before.

I've used some Stampin' Up! colors in the "Soft Subtles" color family to do the masking for the background.  I think it sort of created that "Northern Lights" feel to it.  The stamps that I've used are also from Stampin' Up!  The tree image comes from the "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set and the sentiment comes from the "Many Merry Messages" stamp set.

I have stamped the images in black ink after I made my background and then I took my glue pen and added some fine loose glitter to the trees.  I then took some larger glitter and used that for the ground coverage under the trees.  I finished it off with a few snowflake sequins.  I thought layering it behind a thin black mat would make the pastel colors pop out even more.  I've used some foam to pop up the panel over a Soft Sky colored piece of card stock.

So let me know if you'd like to see the "how to" video on what I've done here!
Thanks so much for dropping in today!
Hope you have enjoyed my posts...be sure to stop by again tomorrow for more!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Songs/Carols - I chose:  "Winter Wonderland"  :0)
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges - Color Combo:

Happy Little Stampers CAS - masking

45 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card
hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the soft background you created with the pastels, Vicki! Congrats on being guest designer at Merry Monday!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Such a fun card! I love this pastel tone look! Your Northern Lights are fabulous & you achieved it perfectly!

Sue said...

Vicki, beautiful scene you have created on this card. Loving the pastel colors and the sparkling snow. Lucky recipient!

Hugs
Sue

Sarah said...

This is so pretty Vicki and very elegant actually. I love the turquoise card base xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
oh my word this is so lovely.
I love your scene you have created.
Beautiful work.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Loll said...

Your masked and sponged sky is so pretty Vicki. Love the sparkle of the snow! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Chrissy said...

I love your masking technique for the background Vicki..gorgeous colours and love the trees and sparkle..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shannon McComb said...

Love this Vicki!! The colors are so soft and pretty!! Lovely!!

Margreet said...

Beautiful and elegant card Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Pia S said...

Wow! What an original and marvelous Christmas design! Gorgeous colors and I like the feeling of movement on your card...

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Vicki! The colors are lovely as they are, but the sparkly "snow" makes it even prettier! Congrats on being a guest designer too!

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on being GD love the tree images and Northen lights effect
Carol x

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous holiday design with these pretty pastel colors and snowy trees, Vicki!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!
I love your background. That's an excellent idea!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card,your background is stunning! And a winter scene is very refreshing today.

Bonnie said...

Your use of masking and pastels is amazing, Vicki! Thanks so much for joining our DT this week at Merry Monday! And thanks for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers too!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, You always surprise me and I love that. Congratulations on being the guest designer. You make me smile when you talk about sequins because I have them but forget to use them all the time. You did a nice job with the Northern light and the sparkle really helps. Beautiful job!!
Hugs Pat♥

Asha said...

WOW! That background is just amazing....immaculate masking, my friend! So elegant!
hugs Asha

Patti J said...

They just don't get much prettier than this, Vicki! Beautiful creation, dear friend!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love the background.

Monika Reeck said...

as I see that color combo I think I will pass the challenge
never make christmas card with soft color like that
and you did it CLEVERLY VICKI
love that glittery tree soooo adorable and soo calm down the color on your card...great sentiment and love the black paper like frame there
GORGEOUS MADE my friend
hugs, Monika

Jessi Fogan said...

WOOOHOO! on being GD! This card is utterly gorgeous :)
I've fallen so far off the wagon on making xmas cards that I can't even see the dust cloud in the distance...I'd really better get back into it!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love that masking and sponging Vicki, great in those soft colours and I love the scene you created, very tranquil! TFS. Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

Céline said...

wow this is absolutly fantastic !!
hugs
céline

MaryH said...

Saw this over at HLS CAS Masking, and zipped in for a closer look. Your sponged hills look lovely. Like the pastel hues of the color scheme and looks wonderful behind these icy trees. The snow on the ground area looks quite icy. Would love to see a video of how you did this, because it is a really stunning card. TFS & HUgs

Tammy said...

WOW gorgeous Christmas card Vicki! I love that beautiful background!! Fabulous sparkle and sentiment also!
Hugs, Tammy

Debbie Henderson said...

Great job with our challenge this week. Love the colors and your stenciling! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Merry Monday!

nwilliams6 said...

I love your pretty waves - what a great idea!!!! Another super card Vicki! Hugz

Karren said...

This is stunning! Your "sky" is beautiful and so clever! So happy to have you as GD this week.

Toni said...

oooooh, I love the pastel colors and background of your card! thanks for sharing!

Toni
HLS CAS DT

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Vicki this is stunning. Just love the waves in the background to the silhouette trees.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Lori said...

Vicki, this is SOOOOO pretty!! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday - so good to have you with us! :)

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so beautiful and so dreamy :)

Davi said...

Wow is this beautiful!! I love the way you did the background, has a wonderful wintery look ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Wow Vicki this is so beautiful those rolling hills in different pastel colours look amazing so do the trees and the snow effect, awesome creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Donna K said...

GORGEOUS! Lovely colors, perfectly matched to the color challenge and that sentiment is so pretty. Love your unique Christmas creation. Have a happy weekend, Vicki!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!! Love the masking!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Vicki, this is SOOO pretty! Love the soft waves of sky and the sparkles on the trees! Thrilled to have you as our guest designer this week!

Donna B. said...

Very pretty card! Love the background. Thanks for playing at CCC this week.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful wintery scene, I love the sparkle. So glad you could join us as guest designer this week.

Linda said...

What a beautiful winter scene .... it looks gorgeous in those pastel shades. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers ........ Linda xx

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this soft wintery scene you created here, Vicki! So pretty!
So glad you could join us at Guest Designer this week.

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Vicki! Love the masking and the soft pastel colors! The glitter adds a nice bit of sparkle to it! Thanks for being our Guest Designer the last 2 weeks!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Love your beautiful pastel card, Vicki...very elegant!


Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland for our Christmas Carols/songs challenge, and good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Jennifer. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...