"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Number is Up over at Retro Rubber!

Hello friends!
I'm honored to have won a guest design spot over at the
RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE BLOG
The fabulous ladies have asked me to join with them for this challenge using a stamp that is at least 1 year or older to make a creation with this theme in mind....



As you know, it's never really a problem for me to "dig out" some older stamps in my collection to play along!  If you've ever seen any of my "Flashback Friday" posts, then you know that I really enjoy doing that and so...this challenge blog is always one that I like to join with! :)  I hope you will be inspired to pull out your older stamp and play too!

So here's my take on this challenge:
Of course SPORTS come to my mind when I think of numbers...I have all boys and a husband that loves his sports any time of the year! :)  I'm always needing masculine cards anyway!

So what I've done is cut out a jersey style shirt with my Cricut Explore machine and then I took an older stamp set called "Jersey" from My Favorite Things and stamped the name along with the numbers on the shirt.  You may notice that this is the name I took when I married my husband.  The number on the jersey was carefully selected as well because this represents the year we were married.  And I've chosen these particular colors to make this card because we are both big Chicago Bears football fans and it's just something that we enjoy together.  This October we will be celebrating our 16th wedding Anniversary and so I thought this would be a great idea for a card for him.  :)

The sentiment on the jersey as well as the football helmet came from another older My Favorite Things stamp set called "All Star".  I got these stamp sets because I have many photos of my boys all playing in various sports during their high school years.  So some day...I will possibly get everything put together in scrapbooks! :)  For the stars in the background, I did use a more current stamp set from My Favorite Things called Totally Happy.  I thought this was a great set to use because it has so many stars in it!

I've also added an orange strip of numbers with an old embossing folder I had with numbers on it as well.  Do not know how many moons ago that I got that either!  :)  I finished it off with more punched out stars and some ribbon with the football helmet attached above it.

There's only one last thing I have to say as the football season is upon us...
GO BEARS!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  I appreciate you being here with me! :)
Please stay tuned in!  I will have more to share later today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a the challenges I'd like to enter this creation for:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Dry Embossing



28 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Wohooo Vickiiiiii
this is COOOLLLL FUNTASTIC and really manly card
your hubby will thrilled if you give it at your anniversary tag
I ADORE Your idea and the PARSON also there
coooll
really masculine card you made dear
and I miss your visit again
hope you are healthy there
biig hugs, Monika

Bad Kitty said...

great card
hugs

Shelly said...

Super fun card!

Debbie Mageed said...

We always love your cards, Vickie, and this one is no exception! I love your football-themed anniversary card! What a fun idea! Mine always have to be about the ocean, so a different theme is nice to see. Love your details and texture. Thanks for being the guest designer for Retro Rubber and look forward to you playing along again soon!

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card love the shirt and embossed numbers
Carol x

Katy McGloin said...

Vicki, this card is absolutely adorable! Love love love your use of the numbers by incorporating a sport theme. I don't have sons nor a husband that is into sports so would never have considered this possibility. Great job and a fantastic guest design team member inspiration card. I always enjoy your entries...

Olga said...

gorgeous as always..........

Tammy said...

Fabulous masculine card Vicki! I love that awesome Jersey and your embossed numbers!!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

PS... congrats on your GDT spot!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

WOW! This is fantastic Vicki, your design is wonderful and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Shannon McComb said...

This is a perfect masculine card! Love it!!

nwilliams6 said...

I love this personalized jersey card!!! Super fun with the stars and great colors. Well one! Hugz

Virginia Lu said...

Awesome layering! Love the color combo--so striking! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Asha said...

What a special card, Vicki. Full of beautiful and sentimental details. Hubby will be thrilled... might even get a mexican wave out of him!
xxx Asha

Pia S said...

A card which feels very masculine and I love how you incorporated so many personal details as well, that's one great advantage about making your own cards rather than going for store bought ones. This card will be treasured, I'm sure!

Sue said...

What a fun idea for those guys in our lives (and girl sport fans too).
Love the colors and design and how you personalized it. Very nice.

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the red and blue and the kind of retro feel.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Bonnie Taylor said...

This is a fabulous masculine card! SO much fun. Thanks for joining our Dry Embossing challenge over at Creative Knockouts. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Deepti said...

Fabulous!

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous as always!
Hugs, Pat♥

Davi said...

Awesome Sports card Vicki, love the way you did the jersey!!

Jane Knudsen said...

LOL!! Your number is up! And what a great job you did with this challenge! I love the story and the detail on that jersey! I am so delighted to have you as guest designer!

Céline said...

i totally love this one !!!
hugs
céline

Donna said...

Awesome card Vicki, these colours work so well together and your design is perfect for those ever so difficult male cards..gotta love cutting machines for their versatility :) Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Vicki loving that stamp and the card design it is super.
hugs
lorraine x

Claire Grantham said...

OMG this is so awesome Vicki, I love the bright colours and its a clever way to include numbers. Glad to have you with us for this challenge. Claire DT

Donna K said...

What a FUN personalized card! You certainly chose a fun set to dig out and wow us with!

Maria A. said...

Vicki, congratulations on being the guest stamper at Retro Rubber, this ladies are just fabulous.
I love your card, I have a grandson who plays football and loves the Bears so, if you don't mind, I will CASE your card, it's fantastic.
I also entered a card for this challenge with a football theme, I made the card for my grandson with the colors of his school football team. I hope you visit my blog to take a look.
Thank you for sharing at Retro Rubber.

Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...