"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, August 10, 2015

New Release at La-La Land Crafts!!

Yay!!  It is a special time this week over at
La-La Land Crafts
This whole week the design team will be sharing creations they have made with
the NEW August Release products!!  How fun is that?!!

So be sure to check out the La-La Land Crafts blog EVERY SINGLE DAY this week so you don't miss out on all of the gorgeous creations made with the new products!
Since I'm a guest designer, I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy this release with them!
So here's what I've made:
This adorable image is called Kimono Marci with Lantern and she is new for this release.
I have also used some new dies on my creation as well which are the Lanterns dies (this comes as a set of two together) and I've also used the Scroll bracket die.  This is such an awesome die and I think it will be fun to use in the future as well!  (I've die cut it out twice for my card here with gold foil card stock.)

This card is so shinny and stunning IRL!!  Wish you could all see it the way I do! :)
I have used some really pretty foil colored decorative papers in the background for my card and I've also die cut the Scroll bracket die twice in gold foil card stock and attached it over top of the decorative papers.  For the lanterns dies, I've die cut them with pink card stock and cut out a purple piece for the back of it.  I also cut the lanterns out again in gold foil card stock and just inlaid the small gold circles in the center of each of them.  I then covered both lanterns with my Wink of Stella glitter pen too!  I've got them mounted on foam tape over my design and  I also took some gold cord and strung it through the lanterns.

So I wanted to make it look like Kimono Marci has plucked off one of the lanterns from the string of them I have hanging above her head.  She was fun to color and I was going for a soft silk flow on her dress with this.  I fussy cut her out and attached her to the front of my design.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
Hopefully here you can see a bit of the shine from everything on the card including Kimono Marci herself with the gold glitter gel pen I've used on the trimming!

Here is the products used:
Stamps - Kimono Marci with Lantern

Dies - Lanterns, Scroll Bracket

Copis: Dress, Bows, Lantern - RV34, RV32, R30, V17, V09, gold gel pen
Hair - N8, N6, N3
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R20, R00


So head right on over to the La-La Land Crafts blog and be sure to check out all of the wonderful inspiration from the design team!!  It's such an incredible release!! :)
If you want to have a look at the entire release....
They are all available RIGHT NOW!!  CLICK HERE to purchase!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
House of Cards - metallics


Clear it Out - anything goes

Sister Act - anything goes

22 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card
hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
beautiful card today.
What a very cute image, and your design is lovely.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lynn McAuley said...

Your gold and lantern framing of this adorable Oriental lass are spot on, Vicki! Beautiful work! What a gorgeous sample for this wonderful new release!

Shelly said...

How SWEET is this?!!...That little girl is ADORABLE! Lovin' all the gold and shimmer!

Margreet said...

What a sweetie in her kimono...great background and dies too!
xxx Margreet

Beth said...

Vicki this is so pretty love your cute little image and your paper choices perfect.....and as always perfection with your coloring.
Hugs

Pia S said...

You're doing such a fantastic job showcasing all these beautiful lalaland images! Love the oriental look you've given the scene, using lots of gold and love those lanterns!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the image, stunning colouring and beautiful design.
Sue xx

Shannon McComb said...

Love your card Vicki!! You did such a gorgeous job coloring her!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fanstastic design, Vicki! You really do such a wonderful job coloring these images.

Mynn Kitchen said...

Hi, Vicki! This is TOTALLY adorable! LOVE the sweet image, fun dies, and fabulous shine from the metallic card! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Davi said...

How cool is this Vicki!! She is a cutie and love the way you did the lanterns, perfect with her. Have a wonderful week :)

Céline said...

oh wow so fantastic card !!!
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiii
I adore all cards you made with Lala Land Images
all of them are cuute
and see that gold behind her
cleveeeerr
love the purple on this card too and adorable coloring as always
cute and super B card
thanks for joining us this time at HOC
big hugs
Monika

Tammy said...

This is adorable Vicki! Fabulous image and design, I love all of the gold touches!! Also, a big thanks for joining us over at HOC!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

GORGEOUS card, Vicki. LOVE the metallic shine. She is a cutie and your dressed her up so well.
hugs, Asha

Sue said...

Vicki, a stunning card. She is so sweet, and you have colored her up beautifully. So many details to look at an enjoy, just lovely.

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful Vicki. The purple, pink and gold is just so wonderfully lush.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my how pretty this is Vicki I love both the new image and the Oriental theme the colours and card design look amazing, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Miriam Prantner said...

Amazing coloring and I love those gold bracket die cuts!

jonim52 said...

Love the image, So very pretty, thanks for entering the metallic challenge at HOC.

Pat Couder said...

very cute card! I like the gold thread across the top. Thank you for joining in with HOC this month. Pat DT x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...