"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Whimsy Stamps - Pocket Tissue Holder + Video!!

Hello friends!
I certainly hope that you are having a wonderful week so far!  The Summer is ending, school has started up...and you know what comes so close to this, right?!  Not talking about Fall or Christmas even...I'm talking about that dreaded COLD SEASON!! BLAH!!
I actually have just recently gotten over a horrible cold that I believe my son brought home to his mother...how nice of him to share, right?! LOL!  AND...speaking of the "cold season", this leads me into my post for you today as well....

Welcome to another "Whimsy Stamps Wednesday"!
Today is my turn to share a project and video with you using some fun products from
Whimsy Stamps

I have taken some adorable "Get well" themed stamps and dies to make some fun and useful gift ideas for someone who may not be feeling well:
I had made these before years ago and honestly do not remember where exactly the idea came from, but I remember how fun and easy it was to put one together.  When I saw these cute Whimsy Stamps images and dies, I knew that they would be perfect to use for this idea!

You could actually get an entire package of these Kleenex pocket tissues at any local grocery or discount store.  Being a mom, as you may know, I have gotten in the habit many years ago to always keep one of these handy in my purse at all times!! :)  So here'a another great idea for them!
For this particular "Pocket Tissue Holder", I have used the fun Clearly Whimsy Stamp set called "Circles, Circles, Circles" to make the background of my tissue holder.  For the sentiment on the top part of the main design, I've used the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set "Get Well Soon".  (I have used this stamp set more extensively on the second design which you can see more closely on down within this post.)

Here's a closer view of the details with the die cuts on it:
I have used the die set from Whimsy Stamps called "Get Well Additions" where you see I've cut out the adorable bottle with the hearts on it as well as the scattering of pills and hearts around it.  You can better see the details in the cap of the bottle with the ridges that get embossed when you die cut it out.  I've added some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen over that as well as the white pills in the pile.  You can also better see the details with the glossy accents on the hearts.

If you would like to see how to make one of these "Pocket Tissue Holders" for yourself and see how they come together, then please check out my video below:
**To watch this video on You Tube or to see it in HD, CLICK HERE.**
(If you want to enlarge the video to fill your screen, click on the bottom right corner of the video.)
{If you haven't yet, please be sure to subscribe to my channel or the Whimsy Stamps channel to see more videos made using these products!} - thanks for watching!


Although I didn't mention this within the video, I thought you could easily make several of these at one time for a various amount of occasions like for a teacher, or to decorate for the seasons in your own home or even to make one for a special gift for a fellow office colleague to put on their desk.  You could even add a gift card on the back of it or design a pocket for it to fit in.  It's a great idea rather than just sending along a card, I think.  :)  And of course, as you can see, the pocket tissues can easily be slid in and out on the side of the holder when you need to refill it.

Here's a closer look at the other tissue holder:
For this one, I have decided to use this image from Whimsy Stamps called "Jenny Has the Cure" from the Lizzy Love/Oddball Art Collection.  I have colored her in with my Copic markers and fussy cut her out to prop her up on the tissue holder.  (She is secured with foam tape.)  I have also taken the "hugs" sentiment from the same image set and cut it out with the Stitched Tag Dies and tied it onto the red ribbon bow with some linen thread.

Of course to make my "background papers" on the tissue holder, I have used the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set called "Get Well Soon"...so many useful and fun images to work with in this set!  I'm sure I'll be using it again very soon! :)

I hope you've enjoyed my project and video today!  I have some more fun videos coming very soon, so be sure to stay tuned into my blog and channel to see them! :)

Thank you so much for your support and taking the time to visit!  I appreciate it!!
Stay healthy and crafty my friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Alphabet Challenge - 'N' for "No Designer Papers"
Sweet Stampin' - Spots and/or Stripes
Crafty Card Makers - No Designer Paper

52 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Vicki! How creative and adorable!
These are absolutely FABULOUS!
Thank you so much for the inspiration!!

Debbie said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in this week at Sweet Stampin'. Debbie X

Sue said...

These little tissue holders are wonderful. Love the papers you created with the stamp set too. Great job on the video, Vicki. Beautiful projects.

Hugs
Sue

Pia S said...

They're great! Giving this to someone who's sick will surely spike up their spirit. I really like your own made paper using stamps and you've used a lot of goodies that I'm now putting on my very long wish list....

jimlynn said...

WOW! Vicki, these are absolutely outstanding!!! Not only a great idea but as cute as can be. I'm going to have to PIN this for future use now. Loved the video as well. Lot's of tiny pieces like for the pills, etc. and you did a beautiful job!
Lynn

Becca Cruger said...

These are just so beyond darling!! They'd be a perfect way to wish somebody well because they'd definitely bring a little cheer to an otherwise gloomy situation.

Donna K said...

I can't think of a CUTER way to share a tissue. These are both absolutely wonderful, Vicki! Sorry to hear you've been fighting a cold though. Great stamps and colors that you chose too. I really gotta try one of these.

Greta said...

Terrific project sure to make someone feel better! You're so clever!

Beth said...

This is adorable Vicki and your right what a way to put a smile on someones face who is under the weather....that would make a great teachers gift for her desk also.
Hugs
Beth

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so clever and fun!

Chrissy said...

So cute Vicki..what a fabulous and clever idea. The little nurse is so sweet, love them.

luv CHRISSYxx

Creations by Shirl said...

These are amazing Vicki! love the images and the way you inked up those papers...Cute idea.... In fact these are part of projects that I'm working on for someone too...Love your version though!

Bad Kitty said...

fabulous creations
love it
hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial on these wonderful creations.
Wonderful designing and what a great idea.
Love all those great stamps, and ides used on this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lin said...

These are so cute and useful, two very lovely designs.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations in my 'no patterned paper' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my these are the sweetest things ever!! How creative!! I could totally use one of these today lol! Just amazing Vicki!! Love it:)

Asha said...

LOVE this project, Vicki. What a clever gift idea!
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

OMGosh Vicki, both of these tissue holders are so cute!! Adorable images and I love how you've created your own DP! Fab tutorial too, my friend!! AND.. thanks so much for joining us over at Alphabet challenge blog!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Super wonderful and clever! What a great gift for someone under the weather!

Donna said...

These are totally awesome Vicki!!

Maria A. said...

Hello Vicki: WOW!! this tissue box tutorial is awesome!!! I'm always looking for little gifts to give my little grandchildren's teachers an this one is one of the best.
Love the little nurse image and all those pills and tablets, how cute are those!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, so fun and creative. You rock!!

Olga Jewell said...

I love this!!!!! Gonna have to make a few..TFS!

Julia Aston said...

How fun are these! Your stamps are perfect for them!!

Lynn McAuley said...

These are absolutely too cute for words, Vicki! What a great gift for a sick friend!!

Céline said...

that's so cute !!! thanks for the vidéo
hugs
céline

Pollard Carole said...

what a fab idea they look stunning and a great gift idea so beautiful love and hugs Carole x

Patti J said...

SO stinkin' cute, Vicki!!! What a fun little gift idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, So adorable... I love those tissue box holders. I made several for my friends when they where sick and they loved them. I love the speedy recovery set it is so cute. Amazing job.
Hugs, Pat♥

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant designs Vicki and awesome image and colours used.xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

nwilliams6 said...

Vickie - what a great idea!!! These would be perfect for work - I am going to have to check out those stamps and dies and your tutorial. How fun!!! TFS!! Hugz

Davi said...

Oh my gosh Vicki are these the absolute cutest!! What a sweet gift to give someone feeling under the weather! You did a fantastic job on them, so clever!!

Lisa J said...

Vicki, you are so clever. These are absolutely fabulous! Lisa x

Cazro said...

Your projects are highly commendable. Very appealing to the eye, would make me smile if I was poorly. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges Caz DT.

crafty-stamper said...

Abrilliant idea love the plasters paper and added pills and bottle-off to check out the video
Carol x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh these are so adorable Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely fabulous tissue holders, Vicki, love them!!! The video was very helpful too. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a clever idea, Vicki! I love all the 'get well' related embellies on each of these. My grandkids have been back in school exactly one week so I'm expecting the cold germs to be coming my way any day now. :-D

Donna said...

This is such a cool and clever design Vicki and a great way to cheer someone up who is feeling under the weather. Great choice of DP's too and such adorable images! Hope you are feeling better too! :) Donna ♥ x

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Vicki, I've thought it is pattern paper at first sight! Your stamping is amazing! And I like you color combo)

VanessaB said...

ohmygosh. soooooooooooo awesome!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Vicki I LOVE these what fantastic gifts for someone whose under the weather!

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki these are both brilliant and beautiful what a handy little gift for someone who is not feeling well, the images and designs are top notch.
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

How fun is this box, Vicki! Superb! I've only made this once and it took me all day - I figured it wasn't my type of technique, LOL!! These are a gem - what a perfect duo for those not feeling up to par! Gorgeous coloring, splendid paper choice, too! Hugs!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my friend
this is soooo creative
I LOVE BOTH OF Them
If I am near your home I take one or I will learn from you how to make this
I adore the one with so many circle sooo clever to choose those color Vicki
I see a CASE ing alarm
I have circle stamp too but never stamped with this colors like you did soo perfect red circle postion on this I am in love with that heart and all pill outside the jar ach Vicki your card always adorable and makes me happy to see it...Love love love this all
Hugs from Croatia
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Vickkiiiiii yeah the internet go so good now I just look at your video yeah I love it I will make similar like this in Munich...and you are right I can give it for a colleague if she or he getting flu..thanks for your video Vicki..
hugs
Monika

Crafty EllenH. said...

Oh this is beautiful!!

Helen said...

These are great! Love the backgrounds you've created.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen N x

Rhonda Miller said...

These both look great. They'll make someone feel better.

Marlene Atkinson said...

These are very creative designs. Brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakrs and More. Marlene DT

J said...

What a cool project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

Jackie

Joanna said...

Super cute! :)
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...