"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Whimsy Stamps VIDEO Design Team! +Back to School Project with videos!

Hello friends!!! :)
Did you catch that title?!!  I'm SOOO excited and happy dancing right now...want to dance along with me?!  LOL!

I'm excited to be able to share the news with you that I'm now on the
Yay!! I can't wait to start sharing lots of fun videos with you using their wonderful products!
I have known Denise, owner of Whimsy Stamps, for a long while here in blog land and I'm completely honored to be working with her!  She is a wonderful person and has made an awesome business for herself in the stamping world!

Are you familiar with their products?  If not, then you'll really want to check out the video I have for you below!  Even if you are already familiar with Whimsy Stamps, I offer up some storage tips and ways that I like to store these products!  There is really something for everyone in every different crafting style you might have...which is why I love these stamps and dies...variety baby!! :)

So grab your favorite beverage and enjoy these tips:
To watch on You Tube or in HD - CLICK HERE!
*Don't forget to enlarge the video to fill your entire screen, scroll over bottom right corner and click on the "Full Screen" icon!*


BUT WAIT....I even have my very first  project to share with you too!! :)
So you know what time of year this is, right?!  It's BACK TO SCHOOL time!  It's time to get out all of those notebooks, pens, pencils and backpacks and get your kids in gear for the learning season!  For me, this means "back to college" for my kids!! LOL!!  They need some special inspiration too!  Even though they think their mom is a bit "corny" at times, I think they like the special attention!  :)

So I have made this really fun miniature sized "Chalkboard Easel" card for the occasion:
I've used this really cute pencil image from Whimsy Stamps called "Make Your Mark".  He was so much fun to color!!  I have him layered over a notebook looking designer paper to make it seem as if it's a piece of paper clipped on the chalkboard easel!  For the look of the spiral design, I have used a couple of Whimsy Stamps dies to make it as you will see in the video, I have a special technique that shows how to only cut the spiral edging and not the entire strip.  I've used the Spiral Notebook Die and the Stitched Border Die Trio set to get that look.

For the "A, B, C" lettering on the chalkboard, I have used this Clearly Whimsy stamp set called Stitched Alphabet Upper Case.  The entire alphabet comes in the set, but I only needed to use the first three letters for my design here. So if you'd like to see how I made this entire card to get the chalkboard design AND to see how to make the faux woodgraiin background that you see on this chalkboard easel card, then check out the video below:
(To watch on You Tube or in HD - CLICK HERE!)
*Don't forget to enlarge the video to fill your entire screen, scroll over bottom right corner and click on the "Full Screen" icon!*


Of course I wanted to carry the "chalkboard" look to the inside of the card as well and I've even written a special message to get my kid inspired to start learning! LOL!
This embossed white sentiment comes from the same set that the cute pencil guy is in!  So it makes the set even more fun to use! :)  So check out Make Your Mark!


Here is a closer view of the "pencil guy" colored in:

I have added in some details that perhaps you don't really notice from a photo, so if you'd like to see how I colored in this pencil guy, then be sure to check out the fun video below:
(To watch this video on You Tube or in HD - CLICK HERE!)
*Don't forget to enlarge the video to fill your entire screen, scroll over bottom right corner and click on the "Full Screen" icon!*

I hope you have enjoyed my "Back to School" project for you today as well as the videos on how I put it all together!  Be sure to subscribe to my You Tube channel if you haven't yet already and be sure to subscribe to the Whimsy Stamps channel to see more up-coming videos!

Thanks so much for joining in the fun with me today!
Happy crafting and see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my card for:
Everybody Art - emboss
Simply Create Too - anything goes

43 comments:

Julie B said...

Wow congrats and well deserved. Love this back to school card! x

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

CONGRATS! You so deserved it as you always create such gorgeous and cute cards! Your Back-to-School card is awesome and so much fun! Love the sparkles!!! :)

Bad Kitty said...

congrats!
love your card
so cute
hugs

Shannon McComb said...

Congratulations!! You very much deserve it!! Your chalkboard easel is SO cute! Very creative, love it!!

Donna K said...

Great news my friend. I can feel your excitement about your new adventure, this makes me happy as well. I love this easel card and...I'll just let you know right now that I HAVE to try this design. Adorable little pencil and a great sentiment. Have a super day today!

Pia S said...

What a fun design! Love the shape and how you made the inside message look like chalk on a blackboard. Cute image too.
And big congrats on your new DT assignment!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and great videos Vicki. I'm ready to redo all my stamp packages!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your new gig! I LOVE that adorable pencil! He has such personality :)

MaryH said...

Congratulations on your new assignment. Looks like you are off with a great start on this cute back-to-school project. Love this Mr. Pencil and all the themed elements you've added to make this so cute. Your kids are going to love it, and that you made it so special for them. Well done! TFS

alexandra s.m. said...

MEGA CONGRATS to You!
You so deserve it!!
I find your work absolutely inspiring!
You rock my Friend!!
xx

Kim said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see your videos.

Sue said...

GEEZ, just when I think I am getting organized, you make a video that shows me I am NOT! Thanks for the tips, I can see how it would make life easier!
Your card is outstanding, and even though they are going to college, love and good intentions from your Mom never go unnoticed!! Congrats on your new gig, you will do a great job for them.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Rock on here Vicki, you are a rocking chick....congrats..xx {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Forgot to mention you have a lovely voice....xx {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is really so fun for school. I love the stand idea and the chalkboard on the inside.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous as always!!

Becca Cruger said...

Ermagerhddddd - how cute is this?!?! Super cute, that's how cute. This pencil is A) colored amazingly well and B) freaking adorable. Love this shaped card and it's PERFECT for this back to school time of year.

Lynn McAuley said...

This is so adorable, Vicky! Your cute easel design takes me clear back to my kindergarten days (as teacher, not student)!

Tracey said...

Wooohooo! Congratulations Vicky :o) Very well deserved.
I love your easel.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Céline said...

WOW !!! congrats hun !!
thank for this fab tutorial! and you know how i love your fab work too !!!
hugs
céline

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yay!!!! Congratulations!!!! Really love this card, especially the shape of it, too fun!

Tammy said...

WOW how exciting Vicki, a big congrats to you! Adorable card, I love that fun pencil image and your fabulous woodgrain easel design! PS... I think I need a label maker now :) I love the one you used in your video- fabulous tips to keep organized!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

I love Whimsy stamp in fact I've just used a sentiment die today your cards are amazing i love the back to school design I'm not looking at the videos today a lot on but will be back Thanks for sharing love and hugs Carole x

jimlynn said...

I'm dancing right along with you!!! Big congrats on the new DT Vicki! Love this cute and fun card too. Precious.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this! Such a cute back to school image and love the easel card you have created. Congrats on joining the Video DT- I look forward to seeing your video's. Off to watch your storage video..!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats Vicki!! I love your card. Thanks for the videos.

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki and such a clever design! Love this little pencil stamp and the easel design is awesome. I've just watched your tutorial and WOW! so informative and some amazing tips! Thanks you! :) Donna ♥ x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun back to school card Vicky! LOVE that pencil and how you've colored it in! Julia xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki I am so thrilled to hear this news congratulations and what a fantastic, fun project you have made love that image and the easel, super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

Congrats on your new video DT! They chosen a better person for the job! Your videos are always inspiring and creative. Gorgeous little pencil card creation!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats, Vicki! And what a great design on the easel card. Watched your video, too. Thanks for sharing the faux wood technique. And the tip about doing the white distressing first... yeah good advice. (I now have two white ink pads... a clean one and a "dirty" one! lol)

Miriam Prantner said...

This is fantastic! I love the chalkboard shape to it and love the little clip and that great image!

Taunya Butler said...

I LOVE THIS - so fun and so very well done!! You have done a marvelous job on the styling and design of this card - perfect details and just so super awesomely done!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too” - hope to see you next time!!

DT-Member SCT
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

Beth said...

Congrats my friend and I know you will do a fantastic job....and next let me tell you I just love this darling easel card how stinking cute it is.
Hugs

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Congratulations Vicki!!! It's a super cool card, love your videos.

Warm hugs
Maarit

CaroleAnn said...

Congrats to you and so deserved. You are one of the many talented card makers out there that always thinks out of the box and comes up with something so fantastic! You have been a very busy lady too - I just scrolled thru some of your recent cards - fabulous creations!! Big Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Great easel card love the notebook edge paper-great fun sparkly pencil
carol x

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun music on your video - loved listening to your voice and watching you color! Great creation - so vivid and eye-eatching. Fun too, Congrats on the DT. Can't wait to watch more videos! Hugz

Monika Reeck said...

yayyy this is so so cuutee Dear Vicki my sweet friend
I adore that pencil image
the nice glittery part
the colored and the sweet smile on the pencil it self
great ABC and chalkboard idea
will CASE ing this hehe
sweet and cute card I LUV it much
hugs, Monika

Asha said...

Oh what an incredibly grand honour!!! So so happy for you - I'm doing doing the Funky Chicken dance to celebrate along with ya! AWESOME card, my friend! Such fun colours and embellishments.
Big hugs, Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I finally got some time to leave some comments been so busy. Got Isaiah off to SD sure did not want to see him go but school starts soon and being a senior this year time will go fast for him but I do have to say it is nice to have time now for myself. I forget how much time kids take. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comments.
I want to tell you how happy I am for you and you sound so happy and you even got to do the Whimsy Stamp design team video, YAY!!!! Thank you for sharing the videos. I love all of them. Your card is so adorable and love how Make it Make sparkles, how creative is the chalkboard easel, WOW!!!!
Hugs, Pat♥

Greta said...

Too cute!

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Oh gosh, this back to school card made my day! Tomorrow on the 1 of Sep all you pupils and students strat thier new school year. This card is realy about this day)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...