"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Colorful Challenge at {Cupcake Inspirations}!

Hello friends!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far!
Took a fun trip to the local apple orchid...one of my fave things to do in the Fall! :)

So today starts a "colorful" {Cupcake Inspirations} challenge!  And here is a stunning photo with the theme to help inspire you with that:

I think this is a really fun inspiration and a fabulous combo for Fall too! :)

We have a fabulous sponsor for our challenge this week as well!
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

They are offering up a wonderful prize this week to a lucky winner by giving away a $10.00 gift Voucher towards the purchase of digital stamps!!  Wow!  How awesome!  So be sure to play along for your chance to win!!

They were very generous in giving the design team some cute images to play with for this challenge too!  Here's what I've come up....
I think Cocoa is probably my favorite "character" that they make! :)  This particular one is called Cocoa's Candy Apple.  Although it's supposed to be a "candy apple", I can't resist a really good caramel apple and so this is what I've chosen to do with it!  As you can see from the photo, I have the yummy looking caramel covered with glossy accents and for the red apple, I've covered it with some Wink of Stella.  I thought it would be fun to make "dots" on the ribbon with my white gel pen as well.  I've kept the color combo in mind when making this card too.  So I've used both the red and green card stock to match.  I've used a Whimsy Stamps speech bubble border die for the top portion above the image and then embossed the sentiment with a stamp set from Whimsy Stamps also called Sweet as Candy - Sweet Sentiments with white embossing powder.
For a finishing touch I just added some clear sequins.

I hope you're inspired to play along with us!  Be sure to check out the challenge to see the rest of the inspiration from the DT!! :)

Thanks for stopping in!! See you real soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Papertake Weekly - Animal Magic

40 comments:

Margreet said...

Lovely card with that sweet image, which you colored beautifully.
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

Yum, yum in my tum!! This is fabulous Vicki!! Cocoa is certainly very cute and I love the layout of this fun card xx

ribenaruby said...

Hello Vicki my friend. Hope you're well...I do love your fab card, cutesy mouse and so very sweet! Gorgeous creation with lovely pink sequins. Ruby x

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card
hugs

jimlynn said...

SO cute and fun!!! Little Cocoa always makes me smile. Precious card Vicki!
Lynn

Suz Ica said...

Prelepo :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Precious love this mousy.. Will have to hop their at become a follower abd check what's in their shop.... Thanks for the inspiration...Enjoy your wonderful Sunday....

Jennifer Scull said...

this is adorable! I love how you have the speech bubble set at an angle! so very clever! :)

p.s. glad I'm not the only one with a monkey phobia. ;)

VanessaB said...

Soooo adorable! !

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Lovely card, Vicki, I so adore those clever speech bubbles.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Chrissy said...

Super cute card Vicki..Cocoa is so adorable hiding behind that candy apple dipped in caramel..mmmm..yum..FABulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Monika Reeck said...

ooh deat
that mice or mouse is so so cuuutee on your card
and the colored so wonderful
I adore this cute Image and how you arrange it Vicki
and sweeet sentiment fit to him
I adore this cute card my friend
hug, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I wrote wronggg I mean oh DEAR ooh I need sleep maybe hehe

NanaConnie said...

Delightful use of the colors, Vicki! You certainly nailed the color for the caramel on the apple, too. Caramel apples definitely make me think of fall, even if they aren't on my diet plan any more. :-D

crafty-stamper said...

Great image and colouring and love the glossy accents on the caramel
Carol x

Tammy said...

Your caramel apple looks yummy! Cute card and love Cocoa!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, it doesn't get cuter than this! Fabulous design and coloring.

Davi said...

What a VERY cool card Vicki!! I love the way you used the glossy accents, makes the candied apple look So real!!

Asha said...

Oh yummmm! And little Cocoa knows it! Just look at the cheeky little guy! Too cute! Wishing you a lovely week, friend!
hugs Asha

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just over the top with cuteness. Just love the design.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,100 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT. love this gorgeous creation and the beautiful colours... {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Lynn McAuley said...

So cute, Vicki, with your shiny caramel apple!

Olga Jewell said...

Simply Gorgeous!!!
Hugs
Olga

alexandra s.m. said...

Could this be any more adorable?!
Love your card Vicki!!

Patricia St Martin said...

So much fun Vicki, Look good enough to eat.
Hugs, Pat♥

Lola said...

This is so adorable! I won several of these mice a while back and haven't used them :( But you make this little guy look sooooo good!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Perfect take on the color challenge! I love the mouse and the Carmel Apple- so perfect with the crystal effects and shimmer.

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous, fun card Vicki I adore that cutie image also the added sequins a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

Absolute cuteness, Vicki! This is a dreamy card - both in how sweet it is and how much I want one of those! LOL! Darling in color and design - you're just a master at all things CUTE!!! ♥

Pia S said...

A very sweet CAS design, I love that speech bubble, have to put that on my wishlist!!

Donna said...

This is just adorable Vicki, and beautiful coloring! Donna

Tammy said...

Oh how cute Vicki! I love that image, your fab layout and the added sequins!!
Hugs, Tammy

julieprice3 said...

Very cute, nicely done xo julie P

Céline said...

hee he so fun card
hugs
céline

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cute image! I love the glaze/candy on the apple!

nwilliams6 said...

Ok, now I want a caramel apple!!! Cute image and details Vicki - adorable card!!! Hugz

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! Love this!!! That caramel apple looks good enough to eat!

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki, such a sweet festive design...I want a toffee caramel apple now but might have to make my own as we can't get them over here in the UK! :) Donna ♥ x

Donna said...

So cute and the way you used the glossy accents is so stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...