"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

{Cupcake Inspirations} is "LACING" Up Another Challenge!

Hello friends!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
I have been celebrating with my son for his birthday. So fun to visit with him.

So today starts another {Cupcake Inspirations} challenge!  And here is a stunning photo with the theme to help inspire you with that:
Such elegant looking cupcakes, right?!  Almost too pretty to eat!! :)

We have a fabulous sponsor for our challenge this week as well!
(Click on the badge above to be taken to their shop)

They are offering up a wonderful prize this week to a lucky winner by giving away a $25.00 gift card to their store!!  Wow!  How awesome!  So be sure to play along for your chance to win!!

They were very generous in giving the design team some beautiful products to play with for this challenge too!  Here's what I've come up....
The beautiful lace that I've used on my creation from the sponsor is some 1" White Lace Ribbon which you can find in their store.  I've also used some 1/4" Crochet Trim Ribbon that I've layered over top of that and wrapped around the die cut square.

So since this challenge was all about LACE, I thought I'd pull out a stamp I haven't used yet.  I've stamped MFT Lace Background stamp with VersaMark ink and embossed it with white EP over some really gorgeous shimmery card stock.  I've also done this to the stitched frame that I've cut out with MFT Stitched Square Frames die.  I've got the the frame popped up over the card note base with foam tape.  For the sentiment, I've taken the MFT Happy Everything stamp set and embossed it with silver EP and added a silver dazzles sticker strip below the sentiment to make a nice border.  I've also used the MFT Happy Trio Die and covered it with the same silver EP to match the sentiment and so that it stood out a bit better over the white lace.

So I wanted to add some flowers to match the photo as well, so I've placed some pearls in the centers of the flowers.  I thought this would make for a really elegant wedding gift note.  (Which I have one coming up soon, so this will be perfect for it! )

I sure hope that you will join us for this challenge because I would LOVE to see all of those gorgeous LACE creations entered for this challenge!! :)  So get your lace and play along!
Be sure to check out the {Cupcake Inspirations} blog for more inspiration!

Thanks so much stopping in today!  Hope you were inspired to create something "LACEY"!!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge - MFTWSC245

My Favorite Things :


Crafty Card Makers - Floral Embellishments

Simon Says Stamp - Use a Stamp (No digital)

32 comments:

Margreet said...

Congrats on your son Vicki!
This card is so elegant...a real beauty!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki, I love the delicate colours and beautiful detailing.
Happy Birthday to your son!
hugs Sue xx

Kim said...

Your card is so elegant and beautiful! Love all the beautiful details especially the lace and embossed background.

Pollard Carole said...

So special this is perfect its a wonderful card love and hugs Carole x

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card
hugs

jimlynn said...

So soft and beautiful! I never think to use lace on a card - and really don't even have much of it - but love the looks of it on this gorgeous beauty! Love the shine of the silver embossing on the sentiment too.
Lynn

Lisa J said...

This is so gorgeous. I love all the White and the lace. Its so beautiful. Lisa x

Chrissy said...

So elegant and classy Vicki..gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly said...

This is soooo pretty!! Love it!

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely spectacular, Vicki! Love that sketch and how you based your card on it. So elegant. :-D

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki! Great papers and the lace is lovely.

Asha said...

Gosh! This is sooo pretty, Vicki. Hope you had a fun time celebrating your son's birthday. How fast the years go by!
hugs Asha

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my this card is stunning!!! Love, love the lace!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beauty, Vicki! I love this elegant design!

Sandy said...

Your card is so gorgeous! Love the beautiful card stocks and silver.
Sandy

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii I adore your LACE stamped with white on your card sooo elegant sooo adorable and sentiment in silver wooooww I love much
I want to join but I am not having lace stamp
let me try it but I am not sure I can make so elegant like yours
love this my friend
hugs, Monika

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so elegant... a vintage beauty!! Love the lace and pearls. A real stunner!!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

just beautiful and so romantic, great card for the challenge
warm hello from california
Bibiana

Tammy said...

This is stunning Vicki! Gorgeous design and details and I love the embossed lace background & frame!!
Hugs, Tammy

MiamiKel said...

*Drops jaw!* WOW, Vicki - this is breathtaking! What a magnificent card, so detailed and vibrant! I love the scrolled lace work and the accent of the silver - STUNNING!!!

Hugs!

Céline said...

OMG totally love this one !!!
hugs
céline

Tanja said...

love the tone on tone embossing

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning, elegant and one classy looking card, wow, so very beautiful, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Beverley said...

Stunning! Love the soft and delicate colours and details. Hugs Bev x

jenn shurkus said...

what an awesome wedding card :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Donna said...

Such an elegant stunning card vicki! Just fabulous!

crafty-stamper said...

Belated happy birthday to your son and love the card love the beautiful lace and embossed lace background
Carol x

Sue said...

Simply stunning, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Emily Lauritzen said...

Oh my Vicki, this is divine! I love that lace background stamp! It's perfect embossed in white over the shimmer paper! Gorgeous card!
<3 Emily L.

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card and gorgeous detailing. Thank you for sharing with us at CCM and more challenge. Marlene DT

Pia S said...

I'm sorry for my late visit, I've been away on holiday but will now catch up. This is a stunning creation, so much lace, love the lace stamp you've used too. It's such a beautiful and delicate design.

CaroleAnn said...

This is such an elegant card - recipient will be very happy and it will be a treasure for sure. I browsed around MFT - and I have never visited them before and guess what I found!! Mice - the harvest mice were adorable and I wanted them so bad along with the die cuts - but alas not meant to be as it is sold out. But I will revisit for sure - love their products so thanks for introducing me to another way to spend my money or ask for an extra gift on my B day!!! LOL big hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...