"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, September 6, 2015

I'm a Cupcake Inspirations Sweetie!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all enjoying what's left of your weekend!
I have some really fun news to share with you!!

Who doesn't love a good cupcake?!  What's even better is to combine cupcakes with crafting!
I'm so excited to announce that I'm a


I have enjoyed playing along with their challenges, so it's really fun to be able to join them now! :)
I hope you will enjoy the fun inspiration and play along too!
(Be sure to check out the challenge by clicking on the Cupcake banner above and to also check out the rest of the inspiration from the design team!)

I not only get to announce that I'm on the team today, but check out the awesome sponsor we have:
The winner of this challenge will get a 6x6 paper pad and stamp set of their choice!
(What an awesome prize pack!...be sure to play along with the challenge and enter to win!)


Ready to get started on the challenge?!
 You will need to use this color combination on your card:
Grass, White & Navy

I thought the the inspirational photo was so cute and I got inspired by that as well when making my card for this challenge.  (You certainly don't have to use the photo if you don't want to make a design, just the colors.)  Here's what I came up with:

And of course you probably know already how much I LOVE to use my Lawn Fawn products, so I pulled out the Cruising Through Life stamp set to make the flag stake.  I colored it with my Copic markers and embossed the "Yay" sentiment from the set with white EP.  I colored the pole with a clear sakura glitter gel pen.  Then I used some Blue Jay twine to tie a bow around it.  I die cut it all out with the coordinating die cuts and glued it to fit inside the circle that I hand cut.

I used the LF Spring Showers cloud dies to cut out some clouds with the LF Beachside 6x6 paper pack.  I then took the sentiment from the stamp set and stamped the sentiment with navy ink just below the stitched clouds.  The grass field was created using the LF Stitched Hillside Borders dies.  I popped out the front layer and then I punched out a circle in white card stock,  I ran the circle through an embossing folder to give it the texture of a golf ball and then popped that up with foam tape on the grassy hill.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation for the challenge and it inspires you to come join in the fun with us!  Be sure to check out the challenge blog to see more inspiration and enter! :)

Thanks so much for dropping in today!  I sure enjoy seeing your comments and thoughts!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Other Challenges:
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon - CAS
Penny's Paper - Use a Sentiment
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes

38 comments:

Alanna said...

Congrats on the new design team. Your card is super cute.

Bad Kitty said...


good for you!
very nice card
have a great day
hugs

Pia S said...

I find color challenges quite difficult. This is just perfect, a great choice of theme for this color combo and a great designed scene.

Olga Jewell said...

Love this card!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT so love this colour combo as well as your style Vicki...x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki this is a stunning take on the cupcake inspiration and so perfect for a golf loving guy. Love how you did the greens.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

NanaConnie said...

Congrats, my friend! I play as often as possible at Cupcake Inspirations and am thrilled that you've joined that team. :-D Love that color combo and your card it perfect for showcasing it. Will have to dig out some papers and markers and see what I can do.

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a clever interpretation of the colors
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

jimlynn said...

Big congrats on the new DT Vicki! Love that inspiration picture AND your card! That little golf ball is darling! Great card.
Lynn

Jennifer Bradley said...

Great male card, love the details and many congratulations on your DYT post. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Penny's Paper Crafty and we would love to see you again. Jennifer DT member

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous textures and design, Vicki, the colours are so pretty.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Margreet said...

Congrats my friend....they must be happy to have you in their DT team!!!
Your card is wonderful!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Congrats on your DT position Vicki and I love your golf card..fabulous dies and design..perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

MiamiKel said...

Congrats, Vicki! You are just movin' and shakin' these days! It will be fun to see all your upcoming creations! This card is just darling - perfect for the men in our lives! (we have some serious golfing here in South Florida, lol!) Hugs!

Patti J said...

Congratulations, Vicki!!! How exciting for you AND your new team. They are so lucky to have you! Your card is adorable, dear friend - love it!!! Enjoy your new gig!!! Hugs...

Patricia St Martin said...

Congratulations on joining the Cupcake team, so happy for you. But I do have to say I can't have just 1 cupcake. Love your darling card. Great job with the colors. Perfect card for my brother.
Hugs, Pat♥

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is so creative & darling! Gonna check out that challenge--always fun to find new ones!

Kristie W. said...

Congrats Vicki! Your card is a great take on the color challenge/photo!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Vicki!! Wonderful news and wonderful card! Love the layout and the sentiment!

Davi said...

Vicki this is just adorable!! I love the clouds.

Asha said...

super sweet card, Vicki! Love it!
hugs, Asha

Sandy said...

Welcome to the team Vicki! Your card is just perfect for the challenge! I love the print on the clouds too! Have a great week.
Sandy G

Sue said...

Very creative take on the challenge, and what a wonderful golfer card you came up with, love it, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

coldwaters2 said...

Excellent sport themed card Vicki love the dies you have used to create the golf green, my son has just taken up golf so this type of card would be perfect for him
hugs
lorraine x

nwilliams6 said...

Congrats on the new DT - this is a fun one too. Great masculine card!!! Super cute. Hugz

Céline said...

oh so fun, love the desing
hugs
céline

Becca Cruger said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you! I definitely love their challenges and play along when I can. Your card is adorable!!

Joanne said...

Love your card! It is a perfect CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Donna said...

Congrats Vicki! Fabulous masculine card, great scene!

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats, Vicki! Super cute card. LOVE the embossed circle for the ball!!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love the wavy ground and your fabulous golf theme!!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT and love the card great layout and scene
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

yayyyyy you really rock Vicki
another DT member yayyy
and how did you managed still visiting the friends blog and commenting the participant
I have to learn from you
and if you are DT there I should join I must hehe
Vicki this card is clever
manly great using the color combo and as I said CLEVER
LOVE THIS
hugs, Monika

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great guy card! Love the texture on the golf ball!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love it. Wow colors and a fab clean, crisp design!

Donna K said...

Congratulations!! How fun to be on such a Sweet DT! I am sure they are over the moon to have your talented self in the DT mix!! Your card is totally perfect for the challenge and it's super fun as well. I hope you have a great weekend that includes some crafty time!

Call me Naki said...

Welcome to the team, Vicki! How awesome is it to have you with us:-) Your card is absolutely adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...