Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Make Your Mark at Addicted to Stamps!

Good evening friends! :)
Are you ready for another fun challenge?  Come on over to
Addicted to Stamps
to play along with us for a "Make Your Mark" challenge this week!
-so bring out those markers, Copics, watercolors, pencils or anything you can "make a mark" with and play along for some FUN!-

We have a fabulous sponsor to give a prize for a lucky winner!
They will be giving 3 digital stamps to a lucky winner!
(click on badge to go to the store.)

Today I am sharing a really fun card that I actually had made for my son's birthday!  He has already received this and I know that it brought him a smile and his girlfriend really liked it too! :)
Isn't this the CUTEST idea?!!  I can't take the credit for this idea as it came from someone who I enjoy seeing ideas from which is Nichol Magouirk.  I changed it up slightly with the colors and design, but I absolutely loved her idea using the googly eyes for a shaker element!  Of course the punny sentiment is perfect with it as well! :)

The adorable monsters come from the Lawn Fawn set called Monster Mash along with the coordinating dies that go with them.  I've also used the fun papers from the Beachside Paper Pack and cut them out with the Stitched Rectangle Dies from Lawn Fawn to create the shaker frames.  I thought it was a great idea to use those larger googly eyes from my stash that never will be used on a card that I make.  I've attached a couple of them on the black background for floating effect.  I also have some tiny ones in there as well which sort of sank to the bottom, but go all over when you shake the card! :)

I really enjoyed coloring in these monsters with my Copic markers!  I used the feathering technique on some of the horned monsters for a "long furry" affect! LOL!  I also added some star sequins on the outside of the shaker and dotted it with gold Stickles in the centers.  Really fun to put together.

And for the record, EYE do think my son is rather NEAT!!! :)

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today and will be inspired to come join the "make your mark" challenge with us!
Thanks for stopping in!! 

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Lawnscaping Challenge:
(I figured you can't get any more textured than googly eyeballs!)

Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + Sentiment
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

32 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

grea card
I like it

CaroleAnn said...

This is a great card. What a great way to use all those "eyes" we have collected over the years of crafting!!! Your son had to be laughing out loud when he saw this as I was! Great design and catchy use of the words to top it all off! Hugs

jimlynn said...

Super cute card! Love all those little eyes - everywhere. The monsters and such are adorable too. Cute, cute card.
Lynn

Lynn McAuley said...

I had to giggle at this one, Vickie! Too, too fun!!

Barb Ghig said...

I can see why your son loved this card...it's such a fun design, and the googly eyes are awesome! Clever sentiment and beautiful coloring, too! Fabulous card, Vicki!

Tanja said...

this is such a fun card - I love it

Sue said...

Such a fabulous fun card, really made me smile!
hugs Sue xx

Julie B said...

This is so much fun, I can see why your Son loved it. :)

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki this is full of so much fab, fun elements, those little monsters and the googly eyes are brilliant this has brought me such fun to see, lol, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous card as always...

Donna said...

This is such a fun card vicki!

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and love the googly eyes
carol x

Sue said...

OMg, how cute. Love all the googgly eyes, what a creative idea for a shaker card. Thanks for sharing this super fun card.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

That is the cutest shaker card ever. Suitably to kids of all ages, as you have since confirmed! :) Using googly eyes for the shakes is just pure genius! Super adorable card, Vicki.
hugs Asha

Tammy said...

This shaker card is so cute Vicki! Fabulous design and I love all of the googly eyes!!
Hugs, Tammy

Lisa J said...

Your cards always make me smile Vicki and this one is no exception. What a fab idea! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuuutee with that all googling eyes
I have that monster stamp set tooo
you bring me inspiration idea
love the colors and love the coloring monster
cuuute cuutee cute card my friend
I ADORE THIS
Monika

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is super cute!!!!

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is fantastic Vicki!!! Such a fun idea! I love the little monsters...must get that stamp set! They are so adorable!
<3 Emily L.

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Vicki, this is so fun! I love this idea! Hufs from your ATSM team-mate stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Susan (rainy) said...

LOL! This is such a fun card! Bet your son got such a kick out of it.

Rahmat said...

Oh these googly eyes are so much fun, a very creative take on the card Vicki xx

Crafty EllenH. said...

WOUW!!! I didn't saw this card last till now. I love it!!!

PS. I'm having a giveaway for my sweet commenters on my blog; maybe you would love to see it :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is super! Love the little critters and those googly eyes are just fab. xxx

Shona Chambers said...

All those googly eyes are fantastic!!! What a brilliant idea for a shaker card, love it!

Jodene said...

This is so fun! I love all of those googly eyes in the shaker - great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Pia S said...

This card is so much fun with the cute little monsters and all those goggly eyes, it's a great design!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is too cute! I love the monsters hiding/peek out every which way and all those googly eyes in the shaker, adorable!

Furrbster said...

This is a brilliant idea for a shaker card - love all the little monsters lol.

Hugz Tinz

Deepti said...

so fun! I will have to give this idea a try for my nephew :)

Donna K said...

EYE...must try this!! I have a package of eyes just waiting to be used! so fun!!!

Lola said...

I never would have thought to put eyes in a shaker. This is delightful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...