"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 7, 2015

My Lucky Stars!

Hello friends and happy Labor Day!
Did you have plans for the weekend?  We have worked around our house and have done some grilling out, but that's about the extent of it.

It's been a while since I've played around with some My Favorite Things goodies, so I was happy to pull out some items from my stash that I haven't even opened up yet!  They have a couple of challenges going on, so I thought I would incorporate them together with my card:
When this stamp set came out, I thought it was so cool and a really unique take on the stars.  Now that I'm looking at this design with the colors, it reminds me of the 80s for some reason! LOL!
But anyway, I've used this awesome Count the Stars stamp set to stamp the stars with Wild Wisteria ink over my Wild Wisteria tag that I cute from the Stitched Tag dies.  I stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink and masked off the portions to make it fit on my tag.

I stamped the "Stars" sentiment with Blu Raspberry ink onto a Blu Raspberry die cut Count the Stars die and then layered that onto a another piece of the same die cut out of some Tropical Teal card stock.  I thought it would give it an extra piece of dimension or shadow.

I've also die cut some different stars in Blu Raspberry and Spearamint card stock with the Lucky Stars die set.  I covered them with my Wink of Stella glitter pen before I glued them to my card.  I've also used some black sequins to tie in the other black elements of the design.

For the stripes in the background, I took the MFT Diagonal Stripes stencil and made an uneven pattern behind my tag by adding in some black ink and embossing paste together.  The tag was popped up with foam tape and I've layered the striped embossed panel over another piece of Wild Wisteria card stock and then mounted that onto a Black Licorice A2 sized card base.

So I hope you like my creation today!  Thanks for stopping in for a peek! ;)
Be sure to stop by here on Wednesday....there will be something FUN coming up!
Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

29 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE the colors on this one!! Lots to look at and enjoy on this card.

Hugs
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! So pretty and what a great color combo!
I love this!! Thank You~

Suz Ica said...

Prelepa je :)

Margreet said...

What a gorgeous, cool card in those colors, Vicki...love it!
xxx Margreet

Olga Jewell said...

Beautiful card...

coldwaters2 said...

Smashing card Vicki love the colours and those stars also the wording and the stitched edged die tag these are on my wishlist, lol, such a lovely design a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

nwilliams6 said...

Super colors and stars - great card. Happy Labor day. Hugz

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, a fabulous design and I love the colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Patti J said...

A Vicki masterpiece! Great design, my friend, love this!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love all your new goodies and great job with the sketch. I like the shades of the colors and the shadow for the stars. Happy Labor Day to you also. Way to HOT here so good say to get on the computer or be in the craft room.
Hugs, Pat♥

Becca Cruger said...

See, to me it reminds me of the 90s. It's definitely got that funky fresh flair going on!!

Tammy said...

Love, love, LOVE the colors! Great card!

Susan (rainy) said...

Those colors are fabulous! Love the tag design. Awesome card Vicki.

Alanna said...

Great card. I love the colors you used.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this card just pops off the page. Fantastic colors and a fabulous design.

aussie aNNie said...

Super creation Vicki, this would suit our new challenge of mixed media...xx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Tammy said...

Oh what a fun card Vicki!! I love the colors and all of the stars, fab stenciled bg too!
Big hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

What a great idea for a card, Vicki! Love the word "Stars" and the shiny sequins. Great design.

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Fantastic colors! And I so love the design! So pretty!

Pia S said...

I really like the dimension given to the stamped and die cut star sentiment. I also like the effect of the stripes, it adds to the cool feel of this design. Yes, I agree, this card does have a flair of the 80s, maybe because of the design of the star sentiment in combination with the colors. I think it looks really nice.

Céline said...

this is so stunning, love the colors
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Love the stripe stamp and great tag with the stars
Carol x

Asha said...

Super colour combo!, Vicki. Great take on the sketch and fabulous die cuts that work so well together.
hugs, Asha

jimlynn said...

Oh, I LOVE that color combination. So pretty and love the big sentiment of "stars" too. Great card Vicki!
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

Hiii Vicki
I have also that stencil and I did not realized it is from MFT hihi
and I smile looking your words you did not even opened the stash yeah
you must be have bought so much dear
ok the card is clever
combine the colors the sketch too and I used the same TAG yayyy like it much
Love the color combo you used here and lovely star DIES too..
great card my friend
hugs, Monika

Miriam Prantner said...

Great take on the sketch and fantastic use of the colors!

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful what a brilliant card love the dies and gorgeous colours its perfect Love and hugs Carole x

MiamiKel said...

You are definitely a card superstar, there is no doubt in my mind :)
What a fun color combo to play along with, it works so well together! Love that bold word - such a great focal point ~ always a smile seeing your cards!

Scrapthat said...

great take on the sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...