"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Using Your Die Cuts for Embossing Paste + VIDEO!

Hello friends!
It's Wednesday and that means it's time for another
WHIMSY STAMPS Wednesday Video!
Today I have something fun to share using your die cuts with embossing paste!
I have created these three cards with this method that I will share with you in the video below:
I've used a different method on each design with the embossing paste which you can learn more about in detail how I've done each one on the video.
I've used several Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Dies to create some "stencils" to use with my embossing paste!

To check out the details on how I achieved the look in each card, check out my video!
(To see the video in HD or on You Tube - CLICK HERE!)
*Tip* - to view the video to fill your screen, click on the box on the bottom right corner after it starts to play!  ENJOY!


I hope that you can see that the dies you already have on hand can be very useful in stretching your products and give you other ideas on how to use them in your crafting!  I think it's fun to discover new ways on using products that you already have on hand! :)

For a closer look at the individual cards....
This is such a fun way to use those sentiment dies in your collection.  I found that not all sentiment dies will work for this technique, but it sure is fun to get another use out of them!  If you want to know how I got this look, check out the video above! :)
I've used the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set Basic Backgrounds & Borders set as well as the Thanks a Million stamp set to get this look.  The sentiment die that I've used is the Thanks Word Die.

Here's a look at this pretty star design:
For the look of the stars on this, I've used the Whimsy Stamps Pierced Stars Die set.
I've added some Pearl Ex powders to give that shimmer look.  (If you want to see a video on some ideas on how to use the Pearl Ex powders, please let me know...they're so fun!)
I've added a sentiment and some stars on this design with both the Pearl Ex powders as well as some silver embossing powder to give some shimmery "wow" factor.  I've also sprayed it with some shimmer spray to help hold on the Pearl Ex powder and an extra added shimmer to the design.
The stamps that I've used on this card are from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps Happy Everything set.
I've attached the card front onto a white A2 sized white card base.

**To SEE Close-Up views of all of these projects...check out the video above!**

And for my final card, I've used an intricate die cut for my stencil:
I love how this turned out!  And if you look closely at the design, you will see that this Whimsy Stamps Winter's Jewel 1 die looks slightly different than the look on my card due to the nature of the stencil that I've made with it.  It's fun to see the different looks you can get making stencils with your die cuts too!  To see the details on how I got this look with embossing paste, catch the video above to see it in close view detailed view!

I've finished off the card with an embossed background panel where I've added a navy die cut sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Large Christmas Word die and I've also added a small tag from the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Tags die set to the ribbon on the design.  The sentiment was stamped from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps Christmas Greetings set.
I think the sparkly snowflake really stands out nicely over the navy color and white background.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you've enjoyed my video and if you'd like to see something else in an up-coming video, please let me know what you think!  I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy your week! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


35 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

your cards and video is fantastic!!!!

Chrissy said...

Now I know how to do this Vicki...thank you so much.Your cards look beautiful..I have been to rough in the past and I need to get some acetate now..so much easier than card stock although you made the snowflake look so easy..Love your videos..

luv CHRISSYxx

Shannon McComb said...

Your cards are lovely Vicki!! I love your video on using embossing paste with dicuts! Such a great idea!:)

Bad Kitty said...

very nice cards and great video
hugs

Lozzy T said...

Stunning cards Vicki, will have to pop back and checkout video, internet probs...Hugs Lozzy xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow you are amazing, I wish I was your neighbor so I could craft with you....LOL! Love love those cards...

Holly Young said...

Fantastic tutorial Vicki, and I love your cards especially the snowflake one. Thanks for sharing your talents!

Sue said...

A wonderful selection of cards Vicki, your designs are so inspiring.
hugs Sue xx

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Awesome video tutorials Vicki! Such a great idea using embossing paste and die-cuts! Your cards are all so lovely!

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty cards and a great idea to use the die cuts as stencils. Love the one with the snowflake - and that's really a pretty die too!
Lynn

Suz Ica said...

Cute, cute, cute :)

Tammy said...

Love each one of your cards, very pretty! I also love using my dies like that, dual purpose!

Maria A. said...

All of this cards are just beautiful Vicki, I love this technique but I've never tried it before, I'll go and get some of this embossing paste tomorrow. What a great way to create stencils, I have some really pretty word dies and other shapes too.
Thank you for sharing this fantastic video.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

VanessaB said...

oooh. those are all so great! love them!

Shelly said...

These are AWESOME!! Love the embossing paste...thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

What brilliant cards and using a technique I never would have considered!! Looks like I am going to have something messy to try this weekend!! xx

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Love how you used the paste/die cuts, fantastic texture!

Deepti said...

Fabulus cards and great video !!

Monika Reeck said...

I will look your video now I want to say wooooww you have so great idea and all your card are
Modern the Thanks card
the blue snowflake so festive and so wonderful the star in white is so elegant ..
so different and all of them adorable
I love all Vicki..
hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Awesome Video Vicki and I have that stamp set with Celebrate sentiment yaayy I wanna say many thanks for my bday gift it still my fav stamp for sentiment for bday card...
you are rock Vicki... :) (SMILE)

MiamiKel said...

Very nice, vicki! Such amazing colors and techniques - no way to pick a favorite out of this lovely trio!

Tammy said...

Three gorgeous cards Vicki!! I love all of the designs and how you've created your homemade stencils! Fab tutorial too, I always pick up great tips... I love that fact that you used fun foam instead of all that foam tape!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

Beautiful cards all, great techniques and video, you're a natural, Vicki!!

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are wonderful!!! All super smart ideas and super cute or pretty. My fave is the snowflakes and I love the sparkle you added - very elegant and eye-catching. So well done and I learned a few things - I feel happier and smarter now. Hugz - lots of them.

Donna K said...

Oh my, these are all stunning, Vicki! I love each one for different reasons, but your Christmas wishes card captured my heart, so elegant! I love the white and navy together. I'm so glad I could come catch up here today. I've been sick and this has been a great pick me up! Thanks for your inspiration sweet lady!

Pia S said...

I've used a negative die cut as stencil once, but that's about it. I'm all for using your supplies in different ways, so I'm going to check out your video to learn more, I love how your cards turned out.

Céline said...

so so gorgeous
hugs
céline

Diane said...

Your designs are just lovely Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Just fantastic, 3 more wonderful cards and loved the video. You do such a good job and I enjoy them so much. Would love to see more ideas on Pearl Ex powers. Love the shimmer. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Pat♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cards- and your embossing paste with dies- always love to stretch my supplies : ) I love the Pearl Ex and imagine the shimmer IRL is amazing! Would love to see more of your ideas using it : ) Really love that star and love the shimmer on the snowflake, but the Red embossing paste takes the cake!

coldwaters2 said...

Three wonderful cards Vicki love the designs of each one brilliant work.
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards Vicki love the embossing and sparkle-off to check out the video
carol x

Davi said...

Great video and FAbulous cards!! They are all so pretty hard to pick a fav but you know that star one sure tugs on me :)

Donna said...

Stunning cards Vicki, love how the designs are so individual and such a clever finish using the embossing paste through your stencils, I wouldn't even know where to start and I am so checking out your video! Thank you so much for sharing! :) Donna ♥ x

Donna said...

These are all fabulous Vicki. Catching up today on my blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...